“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

French Market Inn
Ranked #17 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I only now am writing about my stay on April 29, 2014. As far as accommodations, the lobby is great, the onsite staff are wonderfully polite and welcoming. The room I stayed in, which I believe was 116, was tiny, European-like size, albeit tastefully done...but oh so small.

There was just enough room to walk around the bed. A small desk was my side table next to the bed. The ceiling was beautiful and rustic with wood beams. I am 5'4". Without getting on my toes, I could comfortably touch the wood beams from the ceiling. The pictures of the rooms were alluring online, but honestly, for me, I felt like I was in the Hobbit.

I was on a business trip and wanted something economical, yet in the center of things. This place fit the bill. The trip we chose was a nonrefundable stay, paid up front. My partner helped book it and while I was hesitant with the terms, I said this one stay would be fine, but we probably shouldn't do that again. Anyway, it was a quick 2 night stay and what could possibly go wrong, right?

Well, what could go wrong did. I had a family emergency and had to leave the next morning. (everyone is fine, thank God) They were nice enough to apply my second night to the next stay the following week, which ended up not happening. So, they said they would refund the money if they booked all the rooms. Well, I have no idea how I could confirm whether that happened or not and so I had to relay on their honesty. Which I hope was the case. Because they did not fill the hotel and, therefore, there was no refund.

I wanted to describe this in summary, because this is a hotel for fun and leisure. It is attractive and perfectly located on the edge of the Quarter with nice rooms, albeit tiny. But their economical nonrefundable package is not for anyone that in any way shape or form would, by way of emergency or otherwise, have to cut their trip short and request a refund. Ain't gonna happen!

I am a small business owner and have to watch my money. They did offer a free night with my next stay, assuming there would be a next time and a multiple night stay. If they have a rooms to accommodate two people comfortably, I may take them up on it.

Room Tip: Qualifying the Value. I suggest using another package besides nonrefundable paid in full up front.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Denih55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Polish first
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel last week, and have to say it was the perfect location. Everyone at the hotel was so welcoming and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We loved the Courtyard where we sat in the evening which was like a little oasis from the hustle and bustle of New Orleans. We had booked two nights originally but decided to go a day earlier and this did not cause the Reception staff any problems at all. Our room was lovely and I would like to give a special mention to Perry on Reception who worked really hard and was always very cheerful and extremely helpful. Great hotel, great location, great staff! Fantastic value as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
sf
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here last Summer and loved it! The hotel is beautiful and perfectly located in the French Quarter. It was amazingly peaceful and quiet oasis to return to after long days/nights out exploring New Orleans. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the French Market Inn last August for a long weekend. Next time we come to New Orleans, we are staying at the French Market Inn again.
The rooms are clean and beautiful! Super friendly and helpful staff. The location is great and convenient to all.
The renovation is beautiful and modern while still keeping with New Orleans charm.
We had a room with a balcony over looking the river. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to vacation in New Orleans. Whether it's for a long weekend or an extended stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is located on Decatur Street in the French Quarters. It is away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon St. We had a really nice room on second floor in courtyard, which we really like. The staff was very helpful. They had a very nice pool, although we didn't really use it. We liked the location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I really enjoyed that place!

Room nice and clean, excellent service, well located.

Nice backyard, where you can relax.

The only thing... The windows don't open, I don't really like that, even if the AC work really well, I prefer fresh air... But this is not a big deal...

You should go there!

AM

Room Tip: Some room don't have windows, so be careful when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

we stayed here in the middle of may.staff and service was excelent.room was good size and clean.great central location.(a couple of blocks below bourbon st. by the river front).nice quite courtyard in the middle of hotel with fountains,tables and pool.the only reason this is not a 4 star because they dont have a restaurant or bar.(just walk out the front door and there are plenty to choose from),and very reasonably priced.it was all good.

Room Tip: room # 135 is very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple