Right on Decatur, close to the action on Bourbon st but far enough away that you can get a good night sleep. We were away from the street in a building that connected to the inner courtyard on the 3rd floor and we had friends on the first and 2nd floors. It was very quiet. We did not take advantage of the pool as the weather was hot and the water temperature was warm. Would have loved a cup of tea. It's too bad the hotel did not have hot tea and coffee available for the guests. You could make coffee in your room but I am used to staying at hotels that serve hot coffee/tea in the lobby at a minimum and often include a continental breakfast but there was none of that here. You had to go to a local restaurant for that and the places close by did not seem to open very early, but we found a coffee shop nearby that opened at 8am. The nice thing about this hotel is the secure parking that is available a few blocks away by valet service and you do pay extra for the parking but it is fairly reasonable given the location. No fridge in the room but there was an ice machine in a building just behind the pool. Walking distance to the French Market, the Outlet Stores and Bourbon St. The front desk staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and arranged the tours for us that we were interested in and even managed to get us discounts, so arrange your tours through the front desk rather than going to some of the corner vendors.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn