“Yes again”

Ranked #21 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Los angeles
“Yes again”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I'm fairly new to Tripadvisor and have never been big on reviews and ratings. This time I used this app and really dug in and read everything. Finding this hotel was like magic. Having down a lot of time staying and walking the French Quarter I know what I've always wanted in a hotel but never received. The French Market Inn delivered the experience I've been seeking for years. Old world style, simple but modern rooms with not a single thing out of place. As perfection goes this place nailed it. I was sad I only stayed the night but am looking forward to staying several nights next visit along with trying out a suite package. Thank you for making your mark on me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Spyril

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Polish first
Slagle, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This reservation was made about 3 weeks before the visit for 2 rooms close to each other. We were travelling with grandkids and wanted to me close. When we arrived, the rooms were in completely different buildings. The reservation office does not know the hotel or room maps. I called the hotel direct just so this would not happen. The desk clerk tried to find other rooms, but the only ones available were completely at different ends of the hall. I even said I would change my bed request to more beds, etc. So, if you are in a group that wants to be together, forget this hotel. When I called the hotel manager a few days later to complain, it was just ....we are a boutique hotel and do not have that many options....so sorry we disappointed you. The reservation person acted like it was no big deal to get rooms next to each other. If I had been told anything else, I would have picked another hotel..............there are plenty in NO. Also, if the weather is cold/rainy, you have to walk through a courtyard to get to most of the rooms. And there is no restaurant/breakfast, so you have to walk to get something to eat. There is valet parking, but there is a Parking Lot directly across the street that would have been more convenient........................NOT a good experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a window. Don't stay here if needing rooms close to someone e...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Billie S
mcharlesnola, Owner at French Market Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Our hotel makes every effort to accommodate guest requests for specific room locations, but that is never guaranteed. Room bedding types and rates are guaranteed. Typical of many historic hotels in the French Quarter, large lush brick courtyards are central to the ambiance of the hotel, one of the primary reasons guests love our facilities. Restaurants are everywhere in the immediate area, too many to count, just steps from the hotel front door, so we are puzzled about that aspect of this review. And, room types are clearly described, and confirmed, in the booking process. Many guests prefer the windowless room category for the great value offered.
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last year when we visited and we really liked it despite the construction/remodeling going on. So this year we decided to stay here again. They had finished all the work and it was beautiful. We loved our stay even more than last time. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly. The rooms are in the small side but in the French quarter you don't really spend much time in it! It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
You can't beat the location. It's far enough from bourbon to be quiet but still close to everything you want to see. We will def stay here again on future trips and recommend it to friends planning a Nola trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina R
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently remodeled, very quaint and perfect location to Jackson Sq, cafe du monde, and french quarter. Rooms were clean and I actually liked having inside room w no window bc didn't want to hear noise etc. Staff was very helpful on recs and I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamcb
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you're looking for a chain hotel and lush rooms - this is not the place for you! :) This hotel is super charming and ALL New Orleans. The staff is friendly and accommodating but not over the top. It almost feels like you're staying at someone's house. The best part of this hotel is the location, you walk out your door and you're right on Decatur - you go to the left and you have the French Market and the riverboat and Cafe Du Monde, you go to the right and you have shopping like H & M and Peaches record store, three blocks away and you're on Bourbon St. I chose this hotel base off of Trip Advisor reviews and wasn't disappointed. The room was small but just what we needed, a nice king-size bed and a good size bathroom. I would advise taking a room with a window to let in daylight, but just don't expect a view out of it - ours was up so high all you could see was the rooftop. If you're not a sound sleeper this might not be the best choice for you either - lots of old house-type noises, you can hear the water running when people shower - it's not that bad though. We were happy with our 4 night stay and would go back for sure!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a window.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chrissy S
Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This place was perfect. Everyone was helpful and so nice. The hotel was clean, perfectly located to the French Quarter, and held a certain charm. The hotel cat added and extra little character to the place. I will definitely go back to stay at this hotel.

Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. Perfect location, rooms and staff. It even has a pool, a great thing when traveling with kids! I highly recommend this hotel to all of my family and friends. We will definitely stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family