“Great place for wife's 58th birthday”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #8 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Been to NOLA 4 of the last 5 years. Wife's birthday is a week before Christmas and this hotel was in a perfect location with a perfect atmosphere for that season.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear MidwestMidagedCouple,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Monteleone for such a special occasion. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Magnificent hotel that puts customer right at the heart of its offer.

Small but comfortable rooms, great location, bags of old-world charm. Superb rooftop pool (best avoided at the weekend when it is full of pig-ignorant redneck fratboys).

Special mention to the lovely Danielle on Front Desk who sent fresh milk and cookies to my room (no charge) when she discovered it was my little boy's 9th birthday.

She was absolutely perfect. Just like her hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank TrippoDicko
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

Dear TrippoDicko,

What a wonderful review, thank you. We always appreciate our guests feedback and are happy you had a pleasurable stay. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

The Monteleone was a charming old world hotel, with southern charm and a New Orleans experience. The room was small, but well decorated, if not over decorated, and clean. Upon entering the hotel, one is immediately struck by the hotel's opulence and royal treatment by the staff. The concierge gave us great tips regarding local eateries and local points of interests. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear Michael267,

Thank you for this wonderful review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your future trips to New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We go to New Orleans often and generally stay in the quarter or on Poydras if going to a conference or Saints or Hornets game. Hotel Monteleone's location is the best in the quarter as far as we are concerned. Closest to everything but just a block off of the loudest activity so you can still sleep.

Just know that currently the restaurant is being remodeled but Mr. B's is across the street. The remodeling did not interfere with our stay but there can be an elevator wait.

Room Tip: Once splurged on a beautiful suite but it was next to the elevator. Do not get a room by the elevat...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Bayou_Believer,

Thank you for giving the Hotel Monteleone a try after many trips to New Orleans. We know there are many choices in the city and appreciate you choosing us. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Due to some major renovation, the hotel's dining option was closed BUT the charm and vibe of the hotel wreaked of old time New orleans southern wealth. The service was great, the rooms were very nostalgic and kept true to it's times but the most fun was had at the city famous Carousel Bar and the rooftop pool.
Location was a major plus as it was "hidden" away enough from the madness that is Bourbon St.
Overall, a beautiful hotel in a funky city!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxx3442

Dear maxx3442,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy our current renovations did not disturb your stay and hope you will come back again to see the finished product.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have stayed at the Hotel Monteleone numerous times. My parents stay there, my grandparents stayed their on their honeymoon back in the 30's. It's a true gem in the city of New Orleans and was my favorite place to stay until last weekend. My husband and I visit New Orleans at least once a year and always try to go for my birthday in August. This year a friend was having his wedding at the same time and blocked rooms at the Monteleone. We checked in on Friday and left our car with the garage. We never saw, accessed or drove the car until we checked out on Sunday. When we picked it up I walked around the outside to check for damage and my husband checked the console glove box in between the seats. Everything seemed ok. I got on my phone to call my mom to tell her we were leaving and checked Map Quest about the detour on I-10. I regret not paying more attention to the inside of our SUV. On our way home we noticed "Steve" carved into the INSIDE of the passenger side door. The angle is such thought that the vandal had to be standing outside the car, which we thought was strange. I immediately called the hotel and were told to email pictures which I promptly did from my phone. The next day we were told that the security tapes were viewed and they saw no wrong doing. SInce I know that "Steve" has never been in my car and this damage was not there before my stay I asked to speak to the manager. He called us two days later and told us the same thing, he viewed the tapes and saw no wrong doing. He did tell us that it is hotel policy that the windows of all vehicles are left down and the keys in the ignition, confirming what we thought about the signature. He assured us only employees could access the elevator to the cars. Well obviously that is not true or one of the employees did this. The staff has always been wonderful and I know most of them have been employed there for quite some time so I doubt it was a staff member. I'm sure it had to been someone who accessed the garage somehow. The parking manager also told us when we "return to the hotel" for another stay he's comp us overnight parking - as if we will be returning. I never plan to set foot in this hotel again. He didn't even offer to return our money for the $64 plus tax we spent on our trip to park in the garage over the weekend. If you do choose to stay at the Monteleone I HIGHLY suggest using another garage as theirs is not safe!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank eeewelch

Dear eeewelch,

I am sorry for your experience and would like to speak to you further. Please contact Hotel Manager, Steve Caputo directly at scaputo@hotelmonteleone.com.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We checked into the hotel about 5 days prior to Mardi Gras. The rooms are a bit small in the hotel but they are immaculate. We were able to hit some great restaurants nearby and the parades were just 1 1/2 blocks down to Canal Street. It was a great location, the staff was excellent and we are going back for mardi gras 2012.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear kkkkathy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Monteleone. Mardi Gras is a very busy and exciting time and New Orleans and we are honored you chose to spend it with us.