Hotel Monteleone
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$390
US$349
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
US$284
US$262
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$359
US$293
Hotels.com
8,099 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Just returned from celebrating New Year's Eve in NOLa, chose the Monteleone based on location and price. Pros: great hotel bar, live music on the last night, accomodating staff, walkable to everything. Cons: rooms are small (only comfortable for 2 people), windows let in all the sound from the street outside, walls are pretty thin and you can hear everything.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear DCTraveler0625,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Due to our historic nature, our rooms are smaller, as are many in the French Quarter and our wall are on the thin side. We do apologize for the noisiness. Overall, we hope you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

This is not the Hotel Monteleone of years past. The rooms have all been renovated and are beautiful. We stayed in one of the newly renovated suites and it was wonderful. The bath was huge and beautiful with a great whirlpool tub. The Monteleone is located in the heart of the French Quarter and is easily accessible. Our room was quiet. It was halloween weekend so crazy busy. The service was not GREAT but I will give it another chance because it was such a busy weekend. The bar was just too busy to get good service.

Room Tip: The suites are wonderful
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear cartyco,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

While the location is excellent, almost every hotel in the quarter is walking distance to everything, the staff is friendly and the rooms clean, the Montelone is certaintly not a 4 star hotel.
When travelling, especially at $300.00 per night, you expect
1. nice towels - not here - tiny flimsy,
2. a hair dryer in the room - there was none,
3. decent shampoo, soaps, etc - here they are some off brand that dry out your skin and hair,
4. good pillows - no, just flimsy feathers
5. nice decor - while I understand this is a historic hotel the rooms were decorated in the 1980's I don't know what history that would be.
We made our reservation through AmEx - which I thought would help, no, in fact the front desk seemed upset we used them and said they only way to get a room we want is to book direct (not good business if you ask me since I am sure AmEx is good to them). We were given a room with 2 double beds (there is room for 2 queens which I would suggest the hotel switch to) but since it was a holiday no king rooms were available - uncomfortable.
We NOLA at least once a year and won't go back here.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear JeanSju,

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to Hotel Monteleone. We are truly sorry that you were not satisfied with the quality of your stay and accommodations.
It is our wish to offer our guests comfortable accommodations with particular emphasis on personal attention. Your comments are well taken. In this instance we did not perform as well as we are capable of and for that I sincerely apologize.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

My family and I spent Friday December 30, 2011 at the Hotel Monteleone. It is a very expensive place to stay, the rate for that night was $219.00. We checked out the next day and drove home. When I got home, at 4pm and unpacked I noticed that I didn't have the clothes that I had place in the dresser at the hotel, which was a pair of Miss Me jeans(that cost $100) and a sweater that still had the tags on it. My husband immediately called the hotel to see if they could locate these items and after several phone calls they could not locate them. To me this is unacceptable. With that quick of a call they should have been able to locate the clothes. If the room was cleaned properly the house keeper should have found them and turned them in. If she didn't find them they should have still been where I left them and at 4pm a new guest was probably not even checked into that room yet. So I believe there are thieves among them. Someone got a nice new outfit.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Tammy B

Dear Tammy B,

Please accept our sincere apology. We are appalled that we failed so poorly in our responsibility to you as our guest. There simply is no excuse. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Management for review.

I hope you will reconsider your impression of Hotel Monteleone and allow us another opportunity to provide you the type of hospitality, ambiance and service upon which our reputation is established and which you have every right to expect.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed here for business. The Lobby is beautiful. The room are standard and mines was clean. This is a good hotel for price and location! I hear the place is haunted, but I'd didn't see any ghosts :)

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Dear truthFULLUsa,

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing the Hotel Monteleone.