Hotel Monteleone
US$152
US$147
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$414
US$389
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
US$243
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Marais(New Orleans)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$147
HolidayInn.com
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$121
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$216
US$209
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$139
8,173 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here in January 2012 for my husband's 40th birthday. It was the such a wonderful hotel. The location is perfect! It's walking distance to Bourbon St., great reasturants & Cafe Du Monde. In the heart of the french quarter without being too close to the rowdiness of Bourbon St. The Carousel Bar was it's best feature. We spent every evening there listening to great live music. I highly recommend the "Monteleon Cocktail" hands down the best drink in town. We are planning another trip to NOLA in November and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here for four days while he had a conference to attend. We had a regular king room, after reading other reviews called ahead and asked for a upgrade (at our cost). Upon checking in, they had no other rooms available for this time period. It was a pretty room but very small, so be sure and ask for a preferred king as those rooms were bigger. The hotel is in a great location, parallet to Bourbon St., on Royal which is a much nicer area. I felt safe walking around by myself during the day. Lots of shops, galleries, etc. They also have a very cool pool on the rooftop with a bar. Nice! I laid out there and sipped on a cocktail on a couple of the days. The Carousel Bar off the lobby is quite the hot spot. Good drinks, hard to get a seat at the rotating bar unless you get there early, but there is plenty of seating around the area. Everyone was very friendly and nice. I will stay there again, but make sure to book a bigger room!

Room Tip: Ask for Preferred king at least!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank janeynm
Reviewed 18 July 2012

If you are looking for a classic hotel with an amazing bar and all the charm and grandeur of New Orleans, look no further. The one complaint I had during my stay was quickly addressed.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 18 July 2012

After reading reviews we decided to stay at the Monteleone and couldn't have been happier. Not only was the service excellent, but it seemed like whenever we needed anything or had a question someone was magically and immediately right there to take care of us! Earl in the garage took great care of our car and always had it ready for us. The Carousel bar was fun. Our room was wonderful, we had the executive suite and it was perfect for our family of three. Pool and bar on rooftop were especially nice, great to go up there in the evening to look at the city and even get a cool breeze in the humid summer. I will stay there on my next trip. Sorry to read about theft in other reviews, I used the safe that was in the room and nothing was missing.
Just an FYI...we arrived Sunday at noon (surprise! our room was ready and they gave it to us... check in wasn't until 3pm) and the line of people waiting with their luggage for their cars was very, very long...if I was checking out with a car in the garage on Sunday morning I wouldn't wait until the last minute to do this. I am sure they waited at least an hour. We on the other hand checked out on Thursday morning by 10am and there was absolutely no waiting.

Room Tip: We booked on-line for a preferred double. At the end of the booking I was offered a chance to upgrade to the executive suite for $85 per night (a savings of $165 per night) if it was available when we checked in. When we got there it was available and we took the upgrade. There is no obligation to upgrade but I was glad we did.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I always stay at Le Pavillon a couple of blocks away but because I've had drinks in The Carousel Bar before, have wanted to try staying here, and I had some room credits through a third party booking agency I could use here I decided to give it a chance.

Check-in was difficult and long as expected with a busy place but the agent was very helpful and nice. We didn't get into our room until after 5pm but we tried a new Crepe Place (Cafe Soule on St. Louis St.) which was cool with a nice staff and we also took a few turns on The Carousel Bar while we waited so it was cool.

When we got into the room it was nice but I admit I expected something grander from this hotel but it was still nice and if you go during nice weather I recommend you head to the rooftop pool and have a few drinks and swim around. I was there for hours just having fun.

Most of the bartenders in the carousel are great and I spent a lot of time meeting other guests and bar hoppers in there and it's a great place to be if you're a social person like me.

While I'm loyally returning to my 1st choice hotel, I do recommend this one and definitely recommend The Carousel.

• Stayed: July 2012