“Romantic Honeymoon!!!”

Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Romantic Honeymoon!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel for our honeymoon in June 2013. This was our first time to NOLA and we chose very well! Perfect location in the French Quarter near Canal Street (streetcars). The staff was very friendly and accommodating, special thanks to Vijay and Johnny!!! The hotel was completely booked the weekend that we were there so they could not give us a free upgrade immediately. The staff gave us free breakfast at Criollo and free drinks at the Carousel Bar. They also upgraded us when a suite became available. The hotel is beautiful and has the old NOLA vibe without being stuffy and outdated. Also, our dinner at Criollo was very special because they gave us lots of attention which included champagne, amuse bouche, and a dessert trio with "Congratulations" written in chocolate. The rooftop pool was nice but small. Also, our preferred King room was not spacious but we had a great view of the French Quarters. Our suite had a view of the Mississippi river. We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Monteleone and would recommend it to others!!

Room Tip: Do not choose a standard room because it may not have windows!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TKBeckford
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon stay with us! We hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,343)
  • Turkish first
Franklin, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed here for my bachelorette party and it was BEAUTIFUL! The staff was super friendly and we loved the carousel bar! We were going to go out for drinks the first night but we ended up just hanging out at the hotel bar after dinner! There is also a covered area beside the pool on the roof where we had my bridal shower. Everything here was just perfect and I plan on coming back for an anniversary! Best hotel I have stayed at in New Orleans hands down!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your Bachelorette stay with us and we hope to see you back soon!
milwaukee
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the Monteleone in New Orleans and up until now my hotel of choice in the French Quarter. I love the ambiance, intimate lobby, helpful doormen (my those doors are heavy). Upon checkin my room looked fine, but once I tried the bed--moosh! No way I come to a high-end hotel to sleep poorly, so contacted the front desk. I asked for a mattress replacement but they offered changing rooms instead and so I did. The new room was an upgrade--roomier, better view and and great mattress. [Note: my recent visit over Christmas 2012 involved the same issue--worn out mattress and its replacement.] When time to return home I stopped at the front desk to settle my bill the night before. Imagine my shock: the bill was almost DOUBLE. Had it been exactly double, I would have assumed a computer glitch, but the frosty young female at front desk offered no apology for the error. When I asked her how this could have occurred; no response. She then stated that my room charge was upped (remember I changed rooms?) and I said, that was due to the hotel's poor mattress. She again stated the charge was correct but I luckily had with me the agreed upon price at time of reservation, the name of who took the reservation and date and time. Presto! She took the bill back and I paid the correct price but was left feeling very unsettled. Still she offered no apology for this expensive error. Really? The question needs to be asked: Is the Staff at the Monteleone Scamming Its Customers? This issue had to be brought to light and resolved before I can stay at this hotel ever again. PS- I've been coming to New Orleans my entire life so I am aware of the reputation of how 'some' businesses in the Quarter can ruin travel experiences, so I express my experience to I urge this hotel to seriously examine and remedy this issue.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank kumbayawisconsin6
Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I first stayed here for one night in September, 2011. I was highly impressed. Upon our return trip to NOLA, we stayed at a Priceline Name Your Own Price hotel and were disappointed by the lack of authenticity. It was a cheap place, but just didn't give that NOLA vibe. So Upon our most recent trip, we splurged to stay at the Monteleone. It's extremely classy and clean. Never had any problems with noise in either of our rooms. The Carousel Bar is amazing, if you can get a seat LOL. We snuck in right after they opened monday morning and snagged a spot easy. Great bloody marys. We also spent a couple hours at the rooftop pool. The view from the pool and workout room are both phenomenal. The hotel is located within the Quarter so it's easy access to Bourban and it's only two blocks off canal. We never once needed to use the car, just public transit. You can get anywhere... I will definitely stay at the Monteleone again. It is my NOLA Hotel. Oh and a little secret, they have amazing room rates during the summer time. I stayed for only $99 one night the first time.

Room Tip: The first trip we got a king bed, and the second two queens. It's the same size room so if you...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert C
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your return visit to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel was a pleasure to stay in. Clean rooms, great rooftop pool and in the heart of NOLA. There is a fridge, iron and hair dryer in the room. We did not visit the restaurant but it looked great and the Carousel Bar was fantastic!

We had a great time and would def. go back!!

Room Tip: Choose a river view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Greenapplechai
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon!
Lansing, MI
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed here recently over a four day weekend. We had two rooms, one premium double and one premium king. Both rooms were very nice with plenty of room. They readily accommodated our request for the two rooms to be near each other. They were across the hall. This was my first stay here. On previous trips I had wanted to stay here because of the location and because it is a beautiful building. Finally for this trip, the price was right. Check in was very quick and the staff were friendly. We were on the 11th floor, and the king room had a great view towards Jackson Square and the river. The rooms were mostly clean with some minor lapses such as a few stains on the carpet, hair in the bathroom, and coffee stains in the sink. I expected things to be perfectly clean for such a nice hotel. Other than that, the rooms were clean, air conditioning worked well, and it was quiet. We did not use the restaurant, bar or pool, but they all looked clean and well maintained. Most times there was a door man opening the door. The best thing about staying at this hotel was the location. Bourbon Street is a block away, there are plenty of restaurants within a five minute walk, and there is a Walgreens right on the corner. It was an easy walk to Jackson Square, the Casino, etc. I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location, classic historic atmosphere, and service. I couldn't rate it excellent because of the cleanliness issues, but would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BeaconTraveler
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip and hope you will be able to return soon!
Clarksville, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here on a short New Orleans trip. The staff was very friendly, and the room was fresh and clean. The location is perfect for the things we wanted to do. This historic hotel has kept up with the times, while still retaining its old southern charm. Highly Recommend!!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clarksvilleman
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we hope next time you can stay longer!