“Best Hotel In New Orleans”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #10 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Estero, Florida
“Best Hotel In New Orleans”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed multiple times in New Orleans and have yet to find anywhere better than Hotel Monteleone. Its location in the French Quarter is incredible and it's great to enjoy the fame & history of this property. The rooms are on par with Ritz Carlton style & quality. And the best part is the Carousel Bar!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank happycj24
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for your kind review of Hotel Monteleone and your loyalty to our establishment. We look forward to having you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,328)
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We loved our stay at this lovely Hotel, the staff were all so gracious, especially Concierge, Randy, Anita and Joey - David at Front Desk and Ted the Doorman.
Room was quiet and clean, wonderful bathroom. Great location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeanne V
We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in January. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 28 January 2014

From the moment you arrive, the staff at the Monteleone do an excellent job. Crystal at the front desk made sure everything at check in was handled smoothly. Wayne in banquets took care of our group from start to finish. The entire staff was polite and helpful. Lisa Thompson helped the conference go without a hitch and even when some attendees had flights cancelled, without even asking, the hotel made sure we were taken care of. Great job. If you are here on business, the location is great. Right off Bourbon street with plenty of good food and entertainment easily accessible. Carousel lounge is a treat as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank smm45
Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Please come back and visit us soon!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Hotel Monteleone exceeded my expectations on all levels and then some!
My priorities in a hotel are: guest services, location, safety, cleanliness, nice rooms and a great rate!
The entire staff was extremely helpful, kind, patient and customer focused. From Neil making me the best coffees in the morning from the bar, the housekeeping manager who personally saw to our room, Merve at the front desk for being to helpful and sweet, Tim walking me to get bottles of water and recommending my breakfast stop;), the doormen...all of them, for making me feel safe and playing the best joke on my best friend! And for Sean, generous and kind, Sean...thank you for organizing my departure...all at 4am! booking my car, sending coffee and fresh towels up to me, organizing my departure and most of all, making me want to come back!
The location is ideal...walk to everything!
Safety...loved the door staff!
Cleanliness...a+
Rooms...clean, comfy beds, housekeeping kept us stocked at all times.
Great rate: originally booked on Expedia but found a better rate on the hotel website.
Extras... The hotel is gorgeous...rich in history and the roof deck and pool is amazing! My favorite resting spot...:)
Thank you Hotel Monteleone for spoiling me!
Mary Beth Clements

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mbccrc
We are so pleased that you found the Hotel Monteleone to be so comfortable, beautiful, clean and friendly. We certainly agree! We look forward to seeing you again soon in NOLA!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Arrived for a conference late in the afternoon and was welcomed by friendly staff and a well appointed room. This is an old hotel that has been remodeled - the rooms are small (12 ft X 12 ft), but spotless. The baths are tiny, especially by modern hotel standards. Keep this in mind if you are expecting grand opulence. The biggest problems we had with the room was temperature control (stuffy) - although the temp eventually cooled - and the noise, which never abated. I suppose it's the price of being downtown, but I've never experienced this level of noise in any city I've stayed in. Perhaps the windows should have been updated as well as the room? I guess it is New Orleans, right?

The conference rooms were nice, but we were shuffled all over the hotel each day, never in the same room or area twice. Seems like the hotel was jockeying different conferences a little too much and not paying enough attention to each individual conference. Also, coffee was served, but not necessarily close to where the conference was. I had to go up to the rooftop for the conference meeting room, but the coffee was on the lobby level?

Overall, a very nice hotel, clean, friendly helpful staff, but some issues need to be overcome before I can recommend it.

Room Tip: To get a bigger room, select a room with a double bed.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Monteleone. I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks about your room and visit have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I just took my first vacation in ten years that I didn't have to answer one work email or phone call and I chose New Orleans because I've been missing that crazy beautiful city so much. I chose the Monteleone because it's, well, THE Monteleone.

Let me start off by saying that the things that made my stay wonderful was the staff, what a group of wonderful people! Each and every person I ran across was so welcoming and warm, they made my stay amazing! I ordered room service for breakfast twice and it was fantastic! I did eat in the hotel restaurant one night and I have to admit that I didn't love the food, but, again... the service was perfect. I also got a manicure in the hotel spa and they were very accommodating, fitting me in very last minute.

If there is a downside to the hotel, the room I stayed in was quite dated. The furniture was worn, which was quite surprising. It was immaculate, of course, but surprisingly dated. The cable and wireless left quite a bit to be desired, but I really didn't spend too much time in the room so that wasn't too much of an issue.

Overall, I had a lovely time and it was the perfect home base for me to navigate the city. I decided not to have a car while I was there and didn't regret that decision one second. The location of the hotel makes it easy to get to the street cars and is within easy walking distance of almost everything else.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper like me, as for a room off the main hall on an upper floor. It makes a...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! Your remarks regarding the furniture in your room have been brought to the management team for review. Please come back and visit us soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The hotel was attractive and very conveniently located in the French Quarter. We had a King room; it was formal and fancy, but small and the bed was a bit soft. The lounge off the lobby has a bar with slowly revolving seats, and was hopping. No problems or issues. The only odd aspect was that when we checked in, they authorized an additional $120 on our credit card, in case of "incidentals". The only reason we knew they did that was from an alert we received from our credit card company.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Monteleone! We understand your concern about the fee, and will bring your feedback to the management team for review. We hope to see you in NOLA again soon!