Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$112
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$145
US$139
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$107
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$243
US$216
  • Restaurant
US$147
US$137
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$115
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$164
US$164
US$160
  • Breakfast included
8,439 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelbeignetsperfect locationrooms are smallold world charmstreet noisemississippi riverparking garagejackson squaremardi graslucille
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed there during Wrestlemania weekend. It was fantastic since the day i step into the hotel till the day i left. So happy that they provided free wifi :D
It's so near to Bourbon Street! It was great experience. :D
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us during Wrestlemania weekend! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit to NOLA.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

What a great hotel! Staff is friendly, professional, and engaged. The hotel is a gem! Charming, clean, completely updated and in the heart of the French Quarter. Our first stay and it is now our hotel of choice in New Orleans. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review! We look forward to your return to the Hotel Monteleone.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed for a 3 day break with 3 adults and a baby with a pack and play. I booked the Traditional room and based on reviews saying how small it was, I was very apprehensive. You will see from my other reviews that I always prefer to stay in the lowest price room at the best property I can find. My conclusion is, if I wasn’t travelling with a baby in a pack and play, the room size would have been just fine. As it was though, we couldn’t squeeze by and kept having to move the cot around to cross the room. So for a quick adult get-away, I would have been fine staying here. But for a family with a baby it could be a squeeze. That being said, I requested a specific block of rooms (56-59) which frommer’s claims to be bigger, but was not accommodated. In addition, they reiterated that check-in time was 3pm but they would try to expedite since we had a baby, but the room still was not ready after 3, so was a bit annoyed right off the bat.
We ran into a few housekeeping issues in the Traditional room, where whomever made up the room was not careful in checking what was left in the safe, in the fridge and on the mattress. So after the Night manager David came to inspect, we were moved to another room the next day. I was extremely disappointed that we couldn’t move that night, as with a baby, I didn’t want to stay in a room that was carelessly cleaned but they claimed to be fully booked. David had housekeeping fully remake the beds but lesson learned for the hotel: keep a couple of rooms aside for issues that may arise.
The next day we moved to a “Preferred” room which was much bigger and a great size for our family, including the pack and play. So if you have a baby cot, get the bigger room.
The second room was clean and well kept. The only oddity was a diagonally placed toilet so the door could close (see pics) but other than that, it was a good room.
In addition to helping me with my room issues, the service and hospitality at this hotel was top notch. The doormen, front desk staff and bar / restaurant staff were all super friendly and helpful. When trying to get me through my room issues, I was checked-in on and notified of how they could and would help me on a regular basis.
The Location of this hotel is fantastic, right in the French Quarter and walking distance to it all, but not on Bourbon Street (which has a constant smell of vomit) so it was perfect.
The lounge was pleasant and was set up for Jazz, though I never heard any. The drinks were very good, though the restaurant was just okay.
The temps got up to the mid 70’s when we were there but the roof bar was closed, which was upsetting. The pool was heated, so it would have been nice to sit up there and relax.
Please note, as far as I could tell, there are about 6 steps to walk up every time you enter the hotel, so getting in with a stroller was not so easy. I would imagine those with a wheelchair would also have issues. Honestly, I would think there must be an accessible area somewhere, though I was never shown where and no one, including the manager or doormen, suggested I find it / use it.
Messages for the Hotel Manager and info about current policies:
We tried to have a drink in the lounge, which wasn’t busy, one night after touring the quarter and they told me I couldn’t bring the baby in after a certain time. They said I could sit right outside in the lobby and they would bring us food and drinks. Because we were fine with that (the seating was nice and in a quiet area) we started looking at the bar food menu, only to be told they were no longer serving food (after they said we could order food). It was all very strange and irritating but ultimately we went back up to the room to order in. The room service menu was very limited and the food was pretty bad. So this particular venture was disappointing and could have been handled a lot better.
Another point I would love to address is that this hotel has not jumped on the “no-comforter” band wagon. As we all know, the comforters at hotels are rarely laundered so many hotels have moved to that “strip-of-color blanket” and done away with full comforters. This hotel had a real problem with this. I even asked before moving to my new room based on the issues in the first room, that the comforters and decorative pillows be completely removed from the room. This was not accommodated. Next, I left a note for housekeeping the next day to remove the covers and again, they left them there, on the floor, with my note. Thankfully not putting them back on the bed, but not taking them away either. I really don’t get it, but the hotel should really get rid of these filthy things, and it would also help modernize the rooms.
Summary:
So, would I recommend the hotel? Yes to people without young kids: The location was good, the room was OK, and the price was reasonable. I do think improvements can be made in the restaurant (and definitely with room service), with food service hours, flexibility in accommodating families (especially when it’s not busy), and in modernizing the rooms by getting rid of archaic comforters. They also need to ensure their cleaning staff is all up to par as obviously those taking care of my first room were not (second set was excellent). For those with young kids, or those who appreciate more old southern charm with a quiet bar / lounge (in addition to a more luxurious experience – though not right in the FQ), I would refer them to the review of where I stayed last time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NYCjetsetter-girl

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

We are truly sorry that you did not receive the kind of service we are capable of providing and which you deserve. There is no excuse for your room not being cleaned properly each day of your visit. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room have been brought to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper for review.

It is our wish to offer our guests comfortable accommodations with particular emphasis on personal attention. We are happy to hear you enjoyed many other aspects of our hotel experience, and we hope to see you back in NOLA again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

From the moment I walked in Jerrel, on the doormen gave the warmest welcome and continued to genuinely be happy and helpful every time I saw him. Kermit took care of all of our meeting needs with quiet perfection. And Lawrence came and checked on me just to see how I was doing! I wonder if everyone in New Orleans is as nice as they are at the Hotel Monteleone!

Room Tip: 14th Floor is haunted!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in April. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I love staying at the Hotel Monteleone when I'm in New Orleans. It is perfectly located on Royal Street- close to all the French Quarter action, without the smells or noise of Bourbon Street. It is also very close to the streetcar, if you want to venture uptown. I also love the rooftop pool, a wonderful oasis when you feel you need to cleanse yourself of any debauchery. The Carousel Bar downstairs is a New Orleans classic- the perfect place for a pre-dinner drink, while slowly rotating around as if on a carousel. I find the Hotel Monteleone to be part of the New Orleans experience, full of character, and a little piece of history downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn Z

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Monteleone and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. Please return soon to the Hotel Monteleone for another great trip!