8,592 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelrooms are smallperfect locationold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverjackson squareparking garagemardi grasgarden district
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our 10-member executive team off-site meeting was outstanding in every way -- from meals in the Criollo Restaurant to late night beverages at the 'Carousel' Bar as well as service in the Suite where we held our meetings. The Staff provides exceptional hospitality across every position and the location is adjacent to the French Quarter. I've been to New Orleans several times and stayed in many different hotels -- this one rates as a truly 'First Class' experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in April. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Hotel Monteleone is an excellent place to stay. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. You are close to everything in the French Quarter. The room was very clean and bathroom had thick towels which is a plus. It was great to have a refrigerator and safe in the room. The beds were extremely comfortable. The Carousel Bar has excellent entertainment and drinks. Highly Recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Monteleone and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. It sounds like the perfect trip! Please return soon to the Hotel Monteleone for another great trip!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Came for my birthday & accidentally choose the best hotel in New Orleans! Loved, loved, loved it. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel- it is buzzing and vibrant, the restaurant was delicious, the rooms lovely and the rooftop pool heated and in a lovely spot.

• Stayed: April 2014

We are so pleased that you found the Hotel Monteleone to be so buzzing, vibrant and lovely. We certainly agree! We look forward to seeing you again soon in NOLA!

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I was told on booking the hotel that it was fully accessible. On arrival at the hotel frontage (late and after a long tiring journey) i found stairs into the hotel lobby. Eventually, after struggling with suitcases and bags and a chair a bellhop came and offered assistance and explained that i could enter through the garage as there is a ramp.
The disabled room is on the 14th top floor, there are elevators but If there was an emergency evacuation it would be difficult to exit the building if the elevators weren't in operation.
The bathroom was large with room for a
chchair and some grab rails but No accessible shower, just a normal very low bathtub.
I ordered room service on 2 occasions, one it took well over an hour for a meal, second time the order was wrong.
Whilst it is a beautiful building in a fabulous location, the service was poor, almost to the point of feeling to be an inconvienience if asking for assistance. i wouldn't particularly recommend the hotel to a disabled traveller.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank tphill65

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Beautiful historic classy hotel offers a first class New Orleans French Quarter Experience. Preferred king room was very comfortable and quiet had a decent view of river even though the room was located in a quirky part of the hotel where two of the buildings are joined together. I was on the 14th floor which is said to be haunted but I didn't encounter any ghost. The hotel was very busy and housekeeping was a little slow getting to my room to tidy things up they had not been there by 5:00 PM. On my way out I told one of the guest services representatives in the lobby that I would be back in about an hour and asked if housekeeping could tidy up my room before I got back and she said she would take care of it and she did. When I got back they had made the bed and freshened up the bathroom and replaced the towels I had used. The Criollo restaurant in the hotel offers a wonderful breakfast buffet that I enjoyed both mornings I was there, probably one of the best breakfast buffets I have experienced and the wait staff are very friendly and attentive. The Carousel Bar and Lounge is nice, I had visited there before on previous trips to New Orleans when staying at another hotel nearby. The bar is a popular spot and very busy. The only issue I had with my stay had to do with the I-Prefer program that is offered when you book a room on the hotel website. This program offers certain perks to its members, free internet, early and late check in and check outs, complimentary cocktails, etc. as you earn points you earn more perks. The brand new member is to get free Wi-Fi and that is why I signed up because I do not believe hotels should charge for internet. When checking in the desk clerk never acknowledged I-Prefer in any way, so I assumed there would be information in the room, there wasn't. I'm a member of a preferred guest service offered by another hotel in New Orleans and they give you information about the program when you check in and there is information in the room also. When I couldn't find any information in the room about it I called the front desk and asked how to get the complimentary Wi-Fi offered to I-Prefer members, she gave me instructions and a passcode to use. If there were any other perks available to me they were not mentioned. This in no way took away from my overall experience at the hotel but I did find it strange the hotel is affiliated with this program and offers it on their website to guest, but didn't offer any more information about it when I got there. I-Prefer did not make the first impression on me that Select Guest offered by the Omni Royal Orleans located just down the street did. I would stay at the Monteleone again making sure that I know and they know what I'm supposed to get with the I-Prefer program.

Room Tip: This is an old hotel, the rooms and bathrooms are smaller, I see people complain all the time on here about the small rooms and bathrooms. If you need huge wide open spaces to roam around in your room you may need to consider staying at one of the big name brand corporate hotels over in the Central Business District that have large rooms and bathrooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard C
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014