8,590 results
All reviewscarousel barcriollorooftop poolfrench quarterroyal streetbourbon streetbeautiful hotelrooms are smallperfect locationold world charmbeignetsstreet noisemississippi riverjackson squareparking garagemardi grasgarden district
Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the moment you walk into the elegant lobby you know this is a great hotel. From check in to check out everything was great. Room was lovely, though a bit small. We were on the third floor and it was relatively quiet. The maid service was timely and they did an excellent job, plus turning down the bed and leaving chocolate is the best. The bar is incredible, lots of areas to sit and chat with at least two separate bars to serve you as well as cocktail servers. Great location in the French Quarter. Next time we are in New Orleans, we will be at the Monteleone!

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room if street noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

We are so pleased that you found the Hotel Monteleone to be so elegant, clean and quiet. We certainly agree! We look forward to seeing you again soon in NOLA!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed at the hotel for a seminar held at the site. I am an admitted clean freak, I wipe everything with germicide towelettes when I settle in any hotel room. The towelettes kept coming up clean. These people have it right!
The room had two double beds, a safe, a small refrigerator , free wifi, thick towels, cozy robes and very comfy beds. We were right on Royal Street, 5th floor and slept soundly. It was during French Quarter Fest with crowded streets as well.
Location is perfect. You can walk everywhere. The staff are friendly, polite, informative and I observed them to be infinitely patient.
Caution- the bar downstairs rotates, if you get motion sick, sit at one of the tables, LOL.
Pool area was great . Bar up there opens after Easter.
Walk everywhere, skip Bourbon St., take the trolley or bus to the Garden District, rent bikes and do City Park, and the surrounding neighborhoods .
You will feel at home at the Monteleone.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing Royal Street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Monteleone and took the time to share your great experience with TripAdvisor. It sounds like the perfect trip! Please return soon to the Hotel Monteleone for another great trip!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I went back to New Orleans for the first time in several years and stayed at the Monteleone. We had always talked about staying there but had never done so. We arrived shortly after noon and Cystal, who was checking us in worked hard and cheerfully to get us a room on an upper floor with a river view. The room was small but very comfortable and the bathroom was updated and large. The hotel is in a great location, close to Canal Street, Jackson Square and in the middle of the French Quarter but our room was very quiet. We really enjoyed spending time going round and round in the Carosel Bar off the lobby watching "all of the action".

Room Tip: The lowest priced rooms are very small so we paid a little extra and got a room with adequate space for two people. Ask for a higher floor and a river view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback regarding your time joining us in April. We'd love to have you back for another luxurious stay at the Hotel Monteleone!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My daughter and I stayed here April 2014 for WrestleMania. This hotel was arranged by WWE but we booked additional nights. From the front door, to our room and back everything was above excellent. Our room overlooked the river and what the city had to offer (we were on the 14th floor). I cannot say enough about the staff. They always had a smile and went out of their way for us. My daughter LOVED the chocolate that was on her pillow every night . We did not have enough time to check out the rooftop pool or restaurant. The hotel was in walking distance of everything but still quite enough to sleep (which the beds were awesome). I would definately stay here again!!!! First class hotel and STAFF! THANK YOU for the memories.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river (we were on the 14th floor)....it was awesome, plus you can see NOLA from a differenct advanage point.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your comments about the luxury service you received at the Hotel Monteleone! We aim to provide each guest with the same luxurious experience you described. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was my third stay at the Hotel Monteleone in as many years. The first stay in 2012 was wonderful and was part of a convention. A few months after this stay, I saw a Facebook post on the hotel's profile that showed a room view overlooking the Mississippi River. Recalling that my room had faced the side of another building and truly offered no reason to open the drapes each day, I commented on the post to share that the picture was clearly not the view I had, but was a nice one just the same. The hotel responded and asked me to let them know when I would be returning so they could see to it that I had a view like the picture. They lived up to their word and the view from my room during the second stay looked just like the picture. The second stay, however, we experienced a few slips in service that I addressed with the hotel manager. The first day, Housekeeping skipped servicing my room entirely. The second day, I called to ensure my room wasn't skipped and to ask that the feather pillows be replaced with firm foam pillows. The room was serviced very late in the day and the dry cleaning I had dropped off with the concierge on the first day had not been returned to my room. By midnight when I returned, the room had been serviced, the dry cleaning had arrived, and there were two more feather pillows on the bed. I called Housekeeping for two foam pillows and they were brought up to my room. All issues that were not life-altering, but for a hotel of this stature, these were definitely misses that I did not expect. The third stay was 99% as good as the first stay. The 1% miss was due to our room being skipped for turndown service on our second night. Not a major issue of course, but one that shouldn't happen, especially given the issues I experienced during my second visit. I did not bring this to the attention of the staff during our stay, but did note it in the post-stay survey.

The hotel staff exudes genuine southern charm. The doorman, David, was extremely gracious in offering recommendations for places to eat, to find coffee, and other insights about the French Quarter. His recommendation for low key, low cost Italian fare was fulfilled by Mona Lisa, located west on Royal Street just past the LaLaurie Mansion. The front desk staff delivers service excellence with a sincere smile, a welcome experience at any hotel.

Room Tip: If you're particular about a room view, say so when booking otherwise you might end up facing a nearby brickwall, diminishing the special experience of staying in the French Quarter. Bathrooms are sized appropriate for the era in which the hotel was built and later expanded. Do not expect room to change your mind, much less your clothes, in the bathroom. They are, however, very modern. Corner rooms may offer windows on two walls.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and Hotel Monteleone.

We are truly sorry that you did not receive the kind of service we are capable of providing and which you deserve. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of your room have been brought to the attention of our Executive Housekeeper for review.

It is our wish to offer our guests comfortable accommodations with particular emphasis on personal attention. Your comments are well taken. In this instance we did not perform as well as we are capable of and for that we sincerely apologize.