“Grand old hotel in perfect location!”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were here for business and extended our stay to see more of New Orleans. The hotel is full of history and gorgeous architectural details. Staff was very pleasant. The location was in the midst of everything and walking distance to all. If you want to experience grandeur, this hotel is the place for you. My friend who lived her entire life in NOLA, won't recommend anywhere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BEVegas
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you so much for such a great review on the Hotel Monteleone! We love hearing when our guests have had such a great stay!! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm a creature of habit. I have been coming to New Orleans for over 25 years and stay at the Monteleone the majority of that time. I have seen a gradual decline in service and professionalism. Our recent visit had been booked eight months in advance. We had reserved a room with a king size bed. We decided to take our niece for her birthday and had requested it be changed to two queens. I called once a month for the next eight months and was told that the request has been noted. Upon arrival, the hotel was full, and our reservation had not been changed. We ended up having to upgrade to a suite at an additional cost of $700 per night. Upon pulling out the sofa sleeper for our niece, we found that the sheets were still dirty from the previous occupant. We went downstairs to dine at Criollo, only to be distracted from our own conversation by the private lives of the entire staff... waiters, chefs, busboys and manager. We experienced the same with the lobby floor staff throughout our stay. As far as any amenities, there are none other than a $1200 per night chocolate on our pillow. The one thing that made our stay at the Hotel Monteleone exceptional... CORY the bartender at the Carousel bar. He was AWESOME! The rest of the staff could really benefit by his example. As far as returning to this hotel in the future... NOT A CHANCE!

Room Tip: Shop around.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew G

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you endured during your recent visit to New Orleans and the Hotel Monteleone. I am appalled that we failed so poorly in our responsibility to you as our guest. There simply is no excuse for the inconveniences you experienced. Your comments have been brought to the attention of our Management for review.

I hope you will reconsider your impression of the Hotel Monteleone and allow us another opportunity to provide you the type of hospitality, ambiance and service upon which our reputation is established and which you have every right to expect.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is my third time staying at this hotel. I stay here mainly because the location is very convenient. It's within walking distance of everything I wanted to do. I love the ambiance. The rooms are a little tight space wise, but if you're not spending a lot of time in the room, it's okay. I love the Carousel Lounge, it's a welcomed change from the raucous Bourbon Street crowd. I ordered food at the Rooftop Pool and was disappointed with the quality. I've eaten at the restaurant in the hotel previously and the food was good. I only gave an average rating for service due to the service at the Rooftop Pool. I must note that the Front Desk Service was Very Good. I was also very pleased with the Business Center availability to guest free of charge as I had an emergency situation which required me to print something from my email. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

We are so glad you had a good stay with us at the Monteleone and will be staying with us again! All of your comments have been heard and we really appreciate the feedback. We are always looking on ways to improve! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After reviewing all the hotel's in NO, I picked this one for a couples get away expecting a wonderful experience. The service we got was less than stellar & the room was disappointing even with an upgrade? The room looked like a Holiday Inn room. The pic's of the pool are really deceiving too. The lobby & carousel bar are beautiful. The only friendly person in the hotel was the bartender. We won't be back to this hotel or NO any time soon.

Room Tip: When you request an upgrade make sure you find out what the upgrade is. Our's was just a bigger...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent visit to New Orleans and the Hotel Monteleone.

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Monteleone for 3 nights in July. It was a fabulous experience. The staff at the hotel could not have been better. From the time we walked into the hotel we felt like we were the most important people there.

The front desk person was excellent. She welcomed us and was very warm and friendly. Our room was very nice and very well maintained. It was not the biggest hotel room but it was very comfortable.

We consulted the concierge a number of times. Each time they treated us like with excellent customer service. Went out of their way to help us.

I will never stay anywhere else when I in New Orleans. This is a great hotel. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank E1441

We are thrilled you had such a fantastic stay with us at the Hotel Monteleone! Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Please come and stay with us again soon during your next stay in New Orleans!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Took me a minute to figure the bar was revolving! The live music lounge feel made it difficult to seek entertainment anywhere else. I loved the ambiance the moment the doors were opened by the readied doormen.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank novasmith123

We are so glad you had a great experience in the Carousel Bar in the Hotel Monteleone! We certainly agree, there is a great ambiance. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I wish they still had the little "bathtubs" in the bathrooms. Rooms can be small but you have to understand how old the hotel is....I didn't know they even had suites but they do and they are quite roomy. Love the whole vibe of the place.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing Bourbon Street...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are so glad you had a great stay!! Come see us again soon!