“New Orleans Jewel”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #9 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Been to New Orleans over a dozen times and always wanted to stay at Hotel Monteleone. It did not disappoint. Stunning decor, true to the quarter. Love the carousel bar off the lobby. Solid wine list. Everyone is friendly here. The service is impeccable. My only problem with this hotel is I couldn't stay longer.

Room Tip: Room amenities included a safe, refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
TheGrandDame, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

We are also sorry you couldn't stay longer! Please come back and stay with us again soon for another great trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I was in New Orleans for Wrestlemania, I had a Travel Package so WWE put us up in the Monteleone. I must Say If, I mean When I go Back to New Orleans I will for sure be going back to the Monteleone! you are a Block away from Bourbon Street, which I thought would make it hard to sleep at night, but you can hardly hear them. Its really easy to get a Taxi, but in New Orleans you really dont need a Taxi, you can walk to the SuperDome and the Basketball Stadium ,Casino, Convention Center. its a really nice walk at night, A very Beautiful City. Really easy to get around. The motel its Self is old. has some ghost they say, so if you are in to that stuff this is the place for you! The Rooms are a little Small. but thats fine with me. Because all you are going to do in your room in New Orleans is Sleep!

only Problems I had was.
The AC wasnt Working, For some reason they had blocked it off but they Fixed it in no time.
Another problem was, I Got my room 5 months befor the Trip, I had to book a Couple Extra Nights, so I paid for it 5 months befor I thought, but I got there and They hadnt Charged that card yet, Which was a Pain because I had to pay for them Night Then and there, I didnt really want to put it on that Creadit Card as it was for me to use on my Trip for Foods or Shirts and stuff like that. but besides that, I didnt have any more problems.

This Hotel is Worth the money, Great People. The Spot cant be Beat! Close to the River, Got some Great Views. Its worth staying at if you are in The new Orleans area, and plan on going to Bouron Street and Wanting a Motel that is safe to walk around

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
BienvilleHouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Monteleone, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback on Trip Advisor!

It is our wish to offer our guests comfortable accommodations with particular emphasis on personal attention. Your comments are well taken. In this instance we did not perform as well as we are capable of and for that I sincerely apologize.

We value your patronage and hope that on your next visit to New Orleans you will allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the level of service you deserve.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 4 nights of our honeymoon here at the end of August. We thought it was a nice enough hotel. Nice reception area and the rooms were clean and it was in a good location for everything we needed. I only give it 3/5 because of all the hotels we stayed in across USA on our trip we felt the service and value in general wasn't as good as some of the others we visited. The room was pretty small and the bathroom was tiny! The pool bar menu and food wasn't that great and the service up there has quite a way to go!
If you stay here you won't hate it, but think I'd try elsewhere next time!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I regret that you did not receive the level of service we are capable of providing during your honeymoon and I apologize. Your remarks are well taken and have been brought to the attention of our management team for review.

We greatly value your patronage and do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to display to you the type of hospitality and service upon which our reputation is based and which you have every right to expect.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2014

This hotel has it all...great food and drink, exceptional hospitality and service, enchanting decor, a lively atmosphere, and a prime location!!!!! I most certainly will return to this hotel during my next visit to New Orleans and will highly recommend it to others. I also wish to compliment the room service attendant, Carrianne, for catering to my needs for a beautifully presented and delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Traveling298

We are so glad you had a wonderful stay with us! It sounds like you had a great experience. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2014

My husband I and were in Fairhope, AL for a family reunion. We decided last minute to head over to New Orleans for a night. Booked the Monteleone. Beautiful place in a great location. We got a Standard King Room at a great price. We were right next to the elevator so I was concerned about noise but it was one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed. It wasn't real big but well worth the rate. The bathroom was roomy and really pretty. The property is great with a roof top pool and bar. The Carousal Bar was so much fun. The food and service were great. Had dinner across the street at Mr. B's. Excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Celeste F

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon for another trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Location is strategic for the French Quarter. We arrived too early but the staff was helpful in checking our luggage so we could feel comforted as we walked the Quarter till the room was ready. That was so nice! Our room with King size bed & very small bathroom was much smaller compared to daughter's room with double beds & a huge bathroom. AND she paid less than we did. I will consider double over a king next time. They do have customer service down as the maid service and hotel doormen were exemplary. We really enjoyed the pool and its location on the roof- a haven in itself. Overall, a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Consider a double bed rather than King for more room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DennisGood

We are so glad you had a nice and enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is really a nice historic hotel in the French Quarter.
August is the slow month and the rates are really reduced during this time.
The Carousel lounge is a one of a kind, with revolving seats around the bar and the mixoligists are inside the carousel .

Room Tip: Get a high room . Ask for a river view if available
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We hope to see you again soon for another great trip!