“Check your room charges before you leave. They try to add additional charges to your bill at check out.”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #8 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 September 2009

The original bill was correct that they slid under the door but at check out ( Kevin at the front desk ) changed the bill and tried to charge us for a mini bar we never used. They fold up your bill and put it in an envelope hoping you wont notice the addirtional charges on it. He took our original bill and just adjusted more charges on it. So check your bill before you leave this place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IndianaDesire

Reviewed 5 September 2009

The four of us in our party all enjoyed our stay at the Monteleone. The location was perfect as well as our stay. It was on a nice quiet street which I was pleased with since I did consider the Royal Sonesta, which would have been too noisy and dirty (on Bourbon Street). I have never had such speedy service when calling for someone to come to our room (to deliver a refriderator,complementary, for the bellman, etc). It must have been a 2 minute wait for everything. The bellman, Ken, was very attentive and personable. The entire staff was enjoyable and they acknowledged us everytime we came in and out of the hotel. Our room although small (I knew that going in) was very clean. The rooftop pool was very enjoyable after a hot day sightseeing (there is no jacuzzi). The view from the top of the city is great. I liked looking at the lines at the Acme Oyster House. They offer a free mp3 player tour of the hotel at the gift shop. It was informative, but could have been done in 15 minutes instead of the 30 minutes. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Our room was $99 and parking for a Hummer (considered oversized) was $10 a night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I got a great rate with their summer get away rate and they offered a great parking rate too directly on the hotel's website. My room and the hotel are very clean and kept up well. There were a few things that bothered me a little though: the room hvac vent and the bath fan vent were covered with dust to the point of being clogged. There's a rice rooftop pool but the water was cloudy indicating that the filter was undersized or clogged.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank lar63
Reviewed 2 September 2009

The room was well appointed with an excellent view of the river. Details such as an extra towel, shampoo, mouth wash, etc. were in the bath. The staff was quite helpful and friendly. We did arrive early, but the hotel was able to accomdate our early arrival. We vised the bar/lounge which was a lot of fun as it revolved ever so slowly. Drinks were well made and the price was normal for the French quarter. We really did enjoy our one night stay. One last thing, the swiming pool was rather small on top of the roof, but the view of the city was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the hotel. We'll be back again as everything was perfect. The suite we had was clean and beautiful with its furnishings and decor and marble and granite bathroom with plush amenities. The staff members went out of their way to help us, and the front desk were especially helpful and courteous with easy check in and check out. Food and beverage were also fantastic, as they gave great service with a wonderful attitude. I could go on and on about how fantastic this hotel is... but let me end by saying ... We had a most memorable time and reccomend everyone to be sure to stay at the Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter. By the way, the Spa is outstanding too !!!!
Barbara Decker

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbNOLA
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Maybe I'm easily impressed, but this was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. I've been to New Orleans three times before this, but it has always been for Mardi Gras and I've stayed closer to the other side of the quarter. This hotel is conveniently located only a block away from Bourbon and Canal (very close to Jackson Square). I thought my room and bathroom were very cute and my view overlooking the city and the river was awesome. There was an in-room safe, and the maid left chocolates and a mini-weather forecast every night. The work out room was much bigger than expected, with multiple ellipticals, treadmills, stairsteppers, etc... all NEW and with individual TVs. They even had free apples in the exercise room. This hotel was an absolute steal at $100/night. I even got a free drink when I checked in... the bar is very cool with a "bar-go-round" that actually rotates. Anyway, the only two things I can complain about are: 1) my husband wasn't there and 2) the in-hotel restaurant was expensive and not worth it. Other than that, I really liked this place and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2009

First, about us. We're from the San Francisco Bay Area, we DON'T have an affinity for shopping malls or tract homes, and, we loved our 9 day stay at the Monteleone. We hesitated to make a reservation at the Monteleone because of some poor Trip Advisor reviews and after being at the hotel just don't get where those folks were coming from.

We booked a nicer double queen room, and since it was off-site (August) were upgraded to a larger room on an upper floor with a river view. The airconditioning was adjustable, comfortable and never loud. (Unlike the "W" where it didn't work very well -- for more than twice as much per night!) We never tired of watching barge and shipping traffic on the Mississippi, the only noises we heard from our room were from the steam calliope on a river boat.

The hotel is solid, elegant and charming. Not flashy and also not expensive. I can't imagine a more comfortable room for the price. Everything was in great repair (unlike the W were we stayed for 2 nights: everything there was chipped and shabby) and anything that could be was covered in marble (floors, bathrooms, baseboards) or walnut paneling (elevators).

The doormen were all friendly and knowledgable, the cafe charming and comfortable for breakfast and lunch. The exercise room overlooked the river and wonderful street music drifted up to the rooftop pool. The beds were comfortable, and triple-sheeted. Housekeeping did come late on weekends but we loved the turndown service. Overall, I think it is the service that was most remarkable. Everything worked smoothly and staff were gracious and warm.

The Carousel Bar and the bartenders there, are too wonderful. I don't know why it isn't tacky and awful but instead it is charming and relaxing.

My junior high aged kid loved the pool, the exercise room, the breakfast buffet, the enormous clock in the lobby, people-watching in the lobby and couldn't wait to get back to the hotel after sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family