“Big Easy Birthday Celebration”
Review of Hotel Monteleone

Hotel Monteleone
Ranked #10 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Leland, North Carolina
“Big Easy Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We celebrated a birthday in New Orleans the first weekend in October, 2009 and stayed at the Hotel Monteleone for 3 nights. It had been recommended to us by friends who had stayed there several times before. We'd both been to NOLA several times before, but we won't ever stay anywhere else again! The service was wonderful (we had iced Champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for us in the room when we checked in!) and the staff was very friendly and helpful. HM is located in the French Quarter, but not on Bourbon Street so you are away from the noise and crowds, yet close enough to be there in just minutes. The Carousel Bar was a fun treat as well. We didn't utilize the rooftop pool, but it was lovely. We did use the exercise room - it was great and looking out over the Mississippi River while walking on a treadmill was a great way to while the time away. They did, however, have several other types of exercise equipment, and there was access to TV on each piece. We also tried out the spa and got a nice massage! The room price was very reasonable - in fact it was quite a bargain. And even though the rooms are not big compared to some standards, it was plush and comfortable. The whole place is beautiful!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,310)
  • Turkish first
palm city,fl
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Hotel Monteleone was a great hotel. The room was very nice and the service was excellent! You couldn't ask for a better location in the French Quarter. We were right in the
middle of everything, yet it was very quiet. I never heard any outside noise or any inside noise either.We went for my husband's 50th birthday and I mentioned that when I made my reservations on line. The afternoon of our first night they delivered champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a Birthday card. I thought that was a really nice touch. The rooftop pool was wonderful.

Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Was there for a user conference. Hotel was very nice. Architecture was beautiful. Food was good.

Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 October 2009

This was my second trip staying at the Hotel Monteleone and was just as pleased this recent stay as I was on my stay there two years ago. The concierge is very helpful and entertaining woman, and the front desk staff are ever so professional and smiling. This hotel is close to Bourbon street, yet quiet and clean.

I was happy to see that New Orleans was busy with people and artists this time.....two years ago was very quiet. This is a great hotel and a great city....I will continue to patronage both as often as I can. LOVE the atmosphere, music, light-hearted nature of tourists and locals, and amazing architecture....definitely my favorite city in the USA!

Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
New Braunfels, TX
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I have stayed here for well over 40 years, since I was a child. Great memories. The entire hotel has been updated and is elegant and classy. The location in the French Quarter is perfect. The Carousel Bar is a must experience. Service was outstanding.

Houston
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Steve,

It is rare that I would ever write a review of a hotel but I am doing just that now for my recent visit to your hotel. In short, my experience with your hotel from top to bottom was in one word “excellent”- From check in to check out the entire staff from the front desk folks, maid service, bell caps were all outstanding. I felt like a king at your place. Further, the breakfast buffet was “the best” buffet I have ever had, and I have a lot in my travels. The room was immaculate, quiet and the bed was better than Westin Heavenly bed (where I stay mostly) Now the work-out area... immacualtely clean and three words: WHAT A VIEW!

I never saw a ghost either… which was a big plus for me.. :)

I almost did not want to do this review as I don’t want word to get out as you may raise your rates.

Your hotel should be used as an example to others in your industry. Safe to say when I am back in NOLA you will see me again at your place.

Well done, sir.

Best regards,

Mark Gates

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Opelousas, Louisiana
Reviewed 8 October 2009

If anyone wants to stay in a wonderful hotel in the heart of New Orleans this is the hotel to stay at. It is in walking distance to all major attractions and nightlife. The staff treat everyone like they are special would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple