“Great location and the service was excellent”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #76 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Sacramento, California
“Great location and the service was excellent”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We loved this hotel! It was a great value and it was a very short walk to the French Quarter. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 14 September 2011

First, I want to say that the service at this hotel is fantastic. However, my stay was rather mixed and I want to highlight both the good and the bad.

Good: the aforesaid fantastic service. The location is close to both the French Quarter, the Warehouse District, and only a block or so from the St. Charles Ave. streetcar line. My room was clean, with modern decor and a comfortable bed. The bathroom shower had lots of pressure.

Bad: No doorman or bellman that I could see, but i didn't need one. My room did not have a luggage rack, so I had to call the front desk. One was brought immediately. My door squeaked loudly, so I again called the desk and, again, it was taken care of immediately. The air conditioner controls are rather basic (low, medium, or high) and the air blows right on you when you're in bed. The bathroom layout is horrible and there is no way two people could be in there at one time. There is only a half glass panel for the shower, so my bathroom floor flooded every morning. My biggest complaint was the noise. The windows are not double paned and so I heard every car with a stereo that drove by. On Saturday night there was an insistent bass thump coming from somewhere so at midnight I finally had to put the earbuds in my ear and fall asleep to R.E.M. Yes, it's quieter than the French Quarter, but that's a rather low bar. I was looking forward to 4 nights of great sleep and didn't get much more than in my noisy apartment back home. My room was next to the ice machine and the linen closet so during the day it was non-stop door slamming by the cleaning staff, which seemed to start rather early and precluded any naps.

This is not a bad hotel by any stretch of the imagination, and has many advantages. If you're a sound sleeper, it's great. I unfortunately won't be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
We're sorry that the noise kept you awake at night and that the ice machine and linen closet noises were loud during the day. We can offer ear plugs and/or a room move to a quieter side of the building if we have those rooms available. We will talk with our housekeeping staff and remind them to be as quiet as possible while cleaning guest rooms.
ROME
Reviewed 13 September 2011

New Orleans is a great trip! The staff is amazing. We received emails and phone calls prior to the trip to see if there was any thing we needed to make our stay better. We were upgraded to a suit at no additional charge. I booked a great deal thru the Omni website that included breakfast and valet parking. The corner room was very large and comfortable with large sets of windows creating a panoramic view with lots of sun in the day and city lights at night. Very clean every where. It was also quiet which can be challenging in New Orleans in certain areas. It is just a few blocks off Canal St. in the Central Business District among other tall buildings which provided a city view from our high floor. The area seemed exceptionally safe even late at night. Being a fitness enthusiast, the short walk to The French Quarter is nice because of all fantastic food that is available everywhere. We parked the car using valet parking and did not use the car again until we departed. The bellmen were friendly and great with ALL of our luggage and bags. We had 2 carts of baggage due to an extended driving trip from Georgia to Texas we were on. The room allowed for lots of storage space without being cramped in the least. The breakfast buffet was sufficient and maintained by a great staff. The only issue I had with the room is the 'shower door' was a hinged panel of glass that only enclosed the shower a little over half way. It was impossible to take a shower without soaking the bathroom floor - good thing the bathroom was huge and there was an 'powder room' in the living room of the suit. Also, the refrigerator did not get very cold but they may simply be a feature for energy efficiency. Some of the decor could be updated to match the parts that have been remodeled better but it is sill nice. I really didn't like the mirrors in the hall by the elevators - it makes it feel dated - but it is all well maintained. THE STAFF IS THE BEST! We met the General Manager at check-in. He was standing at the front desk greeting people and working along side his staff. I'm not sure I have seen that at a hotel before but will say that I believe he is the reason his staff is so outstanding. The saying goes 'stuff rolls down hill', that applies to GOOD as well as BAD. He must lead by example. Thanks to everyone there for a good stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed 4 nights ending Sept 11, 2011. Wanted to do all the tourist things in the FQ and found this hotel ideal for that purpose. Clean, modern hotel just a couple of blocks outside FQ. Much quieter (from street noise) than a hotel located right in FQ would be! Can't say enough about the front desk folks. Special thanks to Sarah and Brandi! Interactions with housekeeping and maintenance staff were pleasant as well. All went out of their way to make our stay pleasant in every way. This hotel is clean and modern, well-located, and a solid value in NOLA.

Room Tip: Folks returning at night from Bourbon St can be a bit noisey, so you might want to ask for a room fa...
Daphne, AL
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a great stay at The Omni Royal Crescent. Opted for an upgrade to the DEEP tub in the bathroom -- that made the room worth it for us. The one thing I didn't like about our room was the layout. Our large bed was only about 18 inches from the dresser, so I would hit the corner of the bed almost everytime i would try to pass in between to get to the bathroom. Next time we would ask for a different layout if possible.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great value at this hidden gem only a few blocks from the french qtr.. combination of convenient location .. smaller but well appointed rooms and top knotch customer service made my stay here before and after the alabama/lsu football game a treat. I had fmaily for the begining of my trip and the staff provided timely advice on places to eat and tours.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
pasadena
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Good value for the money and and the location is great.