“Very nice, terrific value, would definitely stay again”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #82 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Lovely smallish (approx. 90 rooms) hotel just a few blocks from the French Quarter. My room on the top (8th floor) had high ceilings, a king bed, a big TV and an expresso maker. In general I was really pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was for a very reasonable price. Only real downsides were the "pool" (really a big hot tub) and "sundeck" (pretty small - more a big patio.)

Finally - the staff here were FABULOUS. Just could not have been nicer. Got a hand written welcome note from the GM and warm welcomes from the front desk every time we passed. Really genuine and nice.

Highly recommended - would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Top floor has high ceilings, pool is a joke but you can go 6 blocks to the nicer pool at the bigger...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DavKat
There are newer reviews for Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

Reviewed 20 September 2011

The hotel is only a short stagger from the French Quarter and as such is ideal for anyone planning an assault in that area.
The foyer area is immaculate and the staff were very professional and made all aspects of check-in/ check-out very easy.
I used the valet parking which is expensive, but stress free.
The beds were excellent, although the blankets hide the oversized frame so I banged my shins a couple of times. The shower wasn't the most powerful, considering its 4-star status.
A good enough stay, no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Having never been to New Orleans before, I had no real idea what to expect after booking in to the Omni Royal Crescent. However I knew that I wasn't going to be disappointed, when one of the reception staff dropped what she was doing to appear at the main hotel door to welcome me, before I'd even paid the taxi driver. In fact the reception staff deserve special mention; never have I stayed at a hotel anywhere in the world where the whole group of reception staff were just so helpful and friendly. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them, and they proved this to me on many occasions.

The room was of an excellent size, the shower was particularly powerful, the place was perfectly air conditioned (a necessity in New Orleans), and the location was ideal in that it was just two blocks from the main Canal Street. The breakfast was spot on too, although I did miss it on one self-inflicted occasion due to overdoing it on the local alcoholic treat - the hurricane, the night before!

All in all, I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone, and when I return to New Orleans (perhaps and certainly hopefully as early as next year) I'll be straight back! As I type this up on a Monday morning, with work on Wednesday, I can think of nothing more than a week ago today when I first arrived in NOLA...

2  Thank McTavish_11
Reviewed 18 September 2011

There are two Omni's within a few blocks. This is clearly the smaller, but it certainly maintains the service of the larger fancier brother. There is no pool or weight-room here, however there are lots of cardio machines and you are welcome to use the pool and machines at the other hotel. (Just a few blocks away.)

Unless you really need to every 5-star luxury of the big brother, I would stay here and enjoy the service and price.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, you might be able to hear the road traffic on the lower floors.
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The room was small, but still had all the necessities. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We loved this hotel! It was a great value and it was a very short walk to the French Quarter. The employees were all very friendly and helpful. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2011

First, I want to say that the service at this hotel is fantastic. However, my stay was rather mixed and I want to highlight both the good and the bad.

Good: the aforesaid fantastic service. The location is close to both the French Quarter, the Warehouse District, and only a block or so from the St. Charles Ave. streetcar line. My room was clean, with modern decor and a comfortable bed. The bathroom shower had lots of pressure.

Bad: No doorman or bellman that I could see, but i didn't need one. My room did not have a luggage rack, so I had to call the front desk. One was brought immediately. My door squeaked loudly, so I again called the desk and, again, it was taken care of immediately. The air conditioner controls are rather basic (low, medium, or high) and the air blows right on you when you're in bed. The bathroom layout is horrible and there is no way two people could be in there at one time. There is only a half glass panel for the shower, so my bathroom floor flooded every morning. My biggest complaint was the noise. The windows are not double paned and so I heard every car with a stereo that drove by. On Saturday night there was an insistent bass thump coming from somewhere so at midnight I finally had to put the earbuds in my ear and fall asleep to R.E.M. Yes, it's quieter than the French Quarter, but that's a rather low bar. I was looking forward to 4 nights of great sleep and didn't get much more than in my noisy apartment back home. My room was next to the ice machine and the linen closet so during the day it was non-stop door slamming by the cleaning staff, which seemed to start rather early and precluded any naps.

This is not a bad hotel by any stretch of the imagination, and has many advantages. If you're a sound sleeper, it's great. I unfortunately won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

We're sorry that the noise kept you awake at night and that the ice machine and linen closet noises were loud during the day. We can offer ear plugs and/or a room move to a quieter side of the building if we have those rooms available. We will talk with our housekeeping staff and remind them to be as quiet as possible while cleaning guest rooms.