“Great location and quiet”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #84 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed with my husband end of April for 3 nights. Excellent location - 10 min walk from the French Quarter. Excellent service, very quiet, super clean. Very helpful staff. Overall loved it! Definitely would stay there again.

1  Thank svetsp
Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I have stayed at many Omni's, so I specifically chose this hotel for our first New Orleans trip. As others have stated, this hotel is in a great location. It's close enough to the quarter and is an easy walk, but far enough away so you wont get caught in some of the party scene. It was also close to the casino, many restaurants, and a close enough walk to get into the warehouse district, river walk, etc. The staff was super friendly and we were treated with a lot of courtesy. I also liked the fact they had some security there to ensure the lobby was safe. Overall, this was a nice place to stay.

I did find that the room was a bit small, especially the bathroom. There isnt a lot of counter space and we found ourselves using the desk area to spread out. We also had a pretty big problem with the street noise. Our room faced Camp street which is a busy street and we heard people, cars, loud music and emergency vehicles everynight. We had ear plugs which came in super handy, so we got our rest, but its something that a visitor should be aware of. Maybe one can request a room on the other side of the hotel for a quieter experience.

As with all of the Omni's I've stayed at, I recommend this one for sure. The location is awsome and the staff is very friendly and helpful. It was a great stay.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The Omni Royal Crescent was fabulous! We stayed four nights during Jazz Fest. The property is an easy 2 block walk to the French Quarter. The room was clean and in good repair. The bed was very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable for a property of this quality and location...a great value!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TrueReview8641
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Enjoyed my 1st night 2 more to go. New Orleans is a great place.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel during a recent medical conference. We had signed up in advance for the Omni Loyalty Program. Do this!! My husband was up @ 6:00 each morning for his meeting and hot coffee and juice were waiting at the door. Just one of the perks from their loyalty program.(I was able to brew my coffee @ 9:00 o'clock in the room coffee maker).

The people at the front desk were the BEST that we have ever encountered. The first night there the people next door turned on their TV loudly @ 4:00 AM --we immediately woke up. We both got ear plugs and went back to sleep. My husband mentioned this to the front desk leaving that day and they said we should have called--the next night the same thing happened at 2:00AM. We did call and we heard them come up to our neighbor's door and ask them to turn the set down. It was better. In the morning, the front desk personnel called and said they wanted to move us to a quieter room because of the noise. So we moved--to a large corner room with double windows-very nice! (Even though bathroom had smaller storage space-I made extra by using luggage rack and tray coffee and juice came on--perfect!) By the way, great shower-super water pressure.

The rooms were great, the beds super comfortable, the closeness of everything was wonderful and I can't tell you how great the service was, again. The girls at the front desk twice hailed us taxis! Shout out to Brandi, Anna and Sarah! You girls were the best! When we're back in New Orleans, we will be at the The Omni Royal Crescent!

Room Tip: Join the Loyalty Program(it's free) and stay here!
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I can't be as effusive as others because having stayed in hotels all over the world I think by those standards this was average for the price. However the plus points are a good quiet location, fairly spacious room and bathroom (king jacuzzi), reasonable walking distance to conference centre and French Quarter (15 mins), friendly whilst unobtrusive staff and the Omni Rewards programme which gives free Internet and morning coffee. I haven't seen many other hotels in New Orleans apart from a friend's room in the Marriott which had an amazing view but was just typical hotel and smaller too!
The down side, no view! We looked out onto brick walls. I need to see sunlight! I did request a view at booking but no joy. I paid about $240 per night which I think is average for New Orleans and certainly some of the bigger chains are likely to have set me back a bit more so I'm happy with the price point.
And just a tiny point. I like my cup of tea in the morning and I was delighted with the free morning beverage throughout the Omni Rewards programme, however they only had Earl Grey and Blackcurrant which just doesn't cut it for a tea drinker. I strongly suggest they add a breakfast tea as an option.
Having said all that, I would recommend this hotel but if like me you need to see the sun, then try and get a room with a view. The restaurant is very reasonably priced if you can't be bothered to go out.

Room Tip: The king jacuzzi is big enough but no view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2012

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly will see what we can do to expand our tea selections, or at the least add a breakfast tea option. We hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent from April 17-25, 2012 and from check-in to check-out, we were completely impressed with everything from the quality of the room to the amazing staff and the delicious build-it-yourself dishes in the restaurant.

The hotel is a quick walk to all the great stuff to do in NOLA including the French Quarter and the streetcars that got us where we wanted to go. Our room was clean, modern, comfortable, and included free wi-fi (with hotel loyalty program sign-up which was free and includes a bunch of other great stuff).

All the hotel staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, especially the night manager Hunter who was always friendly and helpful and the very sweet lady Jenny in the restaurant. One of the front desk clerks even flagged us a cab when we appeared to be waiting too long (if too long is 5-10 minutes). Very impressive!

We would definately stay at the Omni Royal Crescent again and though we had not heard of Omni Hotels before this trip, we will definately look to stay with them on another adventure.