“Disappointed”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #88 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Having stayed at other Omni's in the past, I expected the highest dedication to customer service and excellent accommodations. The Omni Crescent totally dropped the ball on this stay! Beware if you are a Select Guest Member and do not book with the Omni directly, you lose some of the perks of membership. After a stern lecture from the front desk on "Not hanging out the morning coffee request card", which I never received and was rudely told "I don't even get now because I booked with another travel site". That was fine, I was just "asking". Then, after listening to a dog bark all day and into the night, I asked to be moved to a similar room - I was the one being inconvenienced here, by the way. They kindly moved me to a SMALLER ROOM WITH A VIEW OF THE TOP OF THE PARKING GARAGE. When I voiced my disapproval of this option, they "upgraded to a jacuzzi with NO VIEW". Not happy with this either - this entire process entailed me PACKING UP AND MOVING WITH NO ASSISTANCE, I stayed in that room for the night. The room is obviously outdated and listening to the LOUD HUM OF THE AIR CONDITIONERS was too much for anyone to sleep at all. I guess if you want to sit in the jacuzzi tub and turn the jets on the entire time you are here to drown out the air-conditioners, this might be the ideal room for you. And regulating the temperature of the room is impossible with the old, out-dated thermostat on the wall.

I tried to get in touch with the general manager, whom I was told "left me a message on my phone" (which I never received), I decided to cut my loses and move to the Omni New Orleans. It is disappointing when this incident of poor customer service taints all the reputations of other Omni's. Omni Crescent - you have need to stay at the Omni Mandalay at Las Colinas - they were amazing and it is because of how awesome I know a Omni can be, that we will give the Omni New Orleans the chance to do some service recovery to make up for your short comings.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite if you want a view. Inside rooms are awful - no view, A/C noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Our front desk staff should not have given you a stern lecture on any topic. We apologize for not being more cordial when you arrived. We are also sorry that throughout the room moving process no one offered to help you with your luggage. That is unacceptable. Our general manager is very attentive to our guest’s needs, but we’re sorry if there was miscommunication and you didn’t receive a message from him. Please accept our apologies for the issues during your stay. We are glad to hear you decided to try our sister hotel in the French Quarter and are fans of the Omni Mandalay as well. We’ll work to improve our service and share your review with our staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Definitely not the nicest place in NOLA but ompare the price. Very good location w/n 3-4 blocks from French Quarters and 7-8 blocks from WW2 Nuseum. hotel breakfast is weak but great place around corner. Staff is friendly but don't expect them to help very much with your luggage( they will let you use the cart). I found my room to be very small and dark. Great lighting in bathroom. I would recommend to others but explain about simple amenities,

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us and for the compliments on our staff. We will however work to assist with luggage when possible. We hope you will consider us next time you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

stayed at Omni Royal Crescent for a week on a leisure trip to NOLA. Everything was exceptionally good from breakfast to customer service, cleanliness, price and location. You can't go wrong. Try Mother's restaurant for authentic southern food....about 2 minute walk from hotel.

1  Thank 76Dawg
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My fiancé and I really enjoyed out honeymoon experience. The hotel location was superbly located in the quarter. We enjoyed the romantic package, Champaign, chocolate covered strawberries. My fiancé really enjoyed the 100 credit toward room service. We will definitely come back to stay at Omni in NOLA.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Upgraded to a Jr. Suite when we checked in and received complimentary wine for our 12th Anniversary. Room was nice, beds comfy and T.V. offered enough channels for anyone rooming. Bathroom was open and spacious with a sit in jacuzzi tub for two. Loved that the hotel is just off the strip of Bourbon/Canal St. Parking is similar to NYC. If you don't want to pay between $24.00-$29.00 nightly, there is a couple of on street parking in the area to accommodate you.

1  Thank TamaraTammy32
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We've stayed at several different hotels in New Orleans, but by far this has been the best. The room, staff, treatment and experience were great. The rate we received was great and less than what we've paid at other hotels and got better service here.

1  Thank Lisa J
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of everything. I loved the location and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My two negatives about this hotel are the noise and the bathroom.
Noise- The hotel blocks out all street traffic but the doors and walls let in a lot of hallway noises. We were woken up every night by people talking in the hallway. Also, the doors do not close quietly, they slam. So if someone is not careful to shut the door quietly, it will slam. We heard a lot of those too.
Bathroom- The bathroom is lovely, however there was no air vent in the bathroom. When the shower fogged up the bathroom the mirrors, floors and walls stayed wet for a very long time. The bathtub was very tall. I am 5'7 with skinny long legs and it was hard for me to get in and out without falling. There were no handles to hold onto either. This bathroom would not be great for older people.

1  Thank 0wlie