“Fabulous”

Ranked #76 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
New Jersey
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Staff was fabulous! Hotel beautiful and very clean. Location could not have been better. Just few blocks away from the quarter and quiet at night and we felt very safe as well! Will def. stay here again :)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank ATAYLOR912
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2010
We really appreciate the kind words. Please come back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed 16 March 2010

My husband and I were on our way to Biloxi and decided to go the extra hour on to New Orleans for a quick trip- I am a planner who researches hotels and was a little nervous to just book this one on the way there on my Iphone! I always check with the travelers photos on tripadvisor cause they always show the truth of what the place really looks like-- The Omni Royal Cresent did not disappoint. I was pleased from the person who took my "last minute" reservation on the phone to when we arrived at check in and was helped by two of the nicest gentleman--- I was very happy with the room it was on the corner so a bit small, but the furnishings were tremendous- beautiful bed,
luxurious drapes, flat screen, large windows, marble bathroom with great toiletries- You will love it here- there is a rooftop area that has very sheek furniture great for lounging! there is a gym and sauna up there and a hot tub- The hotel is very close to the french quarter, riverwalk and harrahs casino- we felt safe at night walking from our hotel and when we came in at night the desk clerk always smiled and spoke to us! In fact, we stayed an extra night cause we had such a great time and they so nicely worked with us on the rate for sunday night- She even gave us a room on a higher floor with panaramic views for the 2nd night- The staff is all about pleasing the traveler! Put your mind at ease after booking here- you will be very happy!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank savannahc5
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
We’re so glad to hear you took a chance on booking us last minute and had a great time. It is reviews like yours that make it easy to sell people on the hotel. Thanks for staying with us an extra night and we hope you will stay with us again soon on your next visit to New Orleans.
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Stayed here for a conference in early March. This is a small but beautiful hotel with the friendliest staff I have ever encountered anywhere. The room is wonderful with a comfortable bed. The hotel was completely booked but extremely quite. The bathroom is clean with great towels and toilettries. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE REVIEWS THAT GAVE THIS HOTEL POOR AND TERRIBLE REVIEWS! They must have stayed at another hotel or have some serious issues totally unrelated to their stay here. This is the 10th different hotel I've stayed in while in NOLA, and I must say that this hotel ranks with the Roosevelt and Hilton Riverside as one of my favorites. It is absolutely amazing.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank travelermia
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
Thank you for such a glowing review. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. We hope we will be your favorite hotel for years to come. Please come back again soon.
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 1 March 2010

This was my 5th trip to New Orleans for either business or pleasure and my first stay at the Omni Royal Crescent. If I had to return to New Orleans I would stay here in a heartbeat. First, I think I got the best pricing of any traveler for a king size room…well below $100/night…it was a momentary blip on their pricing radar screen as even the staff was amazed at the rate…but the price only made a great hotel even that much better. The staff was amazingly friendly, helpful and courteous…always with a smile. Because of the great rates, especially compared to those of the convention I was attending, my entire office booked there and the management went above and beyond to assist our group. When our team leader sent flowers to one of our office members ahead of time to congratulate him on a job well done, the staff rejected the order when delivered because the flowers were sub-par/drooping and arranged to have a new order placed…now that’s attention to detail.

The rooms ranged from compact to really big. While I had one of the compact rooms, it was large enough to have decent walking space around the king bed and the extra high ceilings added to the comfort. While I have read some reviews about street noise, I did not have all that much and I was on the second floor…I think the rooms on Camp St. may get it worse than the ones on Gravier St. The bathroom was a decent size and adequate but I did have one of the remaining rooms with the half glass shower door. Having lived in Europe for a number of years, I became adept at managing to shower with this type of arrangement so it was not a problem but if you’ve never dealt with these before it can be tricky especially since the shower head has limited range of motion. The only complaints, if that’s what they are, is that the bathroom tub was a little damaged on the porcelain and the toilet has an infrequent yet annoying habit of flushing itself/running periodically.

The best deal is joining the FREE Omni club for the beverage service and free wi-fi…a stellar value for 3 minutes of signing up time. Beware, the beverage delivery folks may not always knock and let you know it’s waiting outside so you may need to check. While I did not use the gym, I did check it out and it looked basic but the pool area is more of a glorified hot tub. I guess it serves a purpose for cooling off rather than doing laps. The best deal was the continental breakfast…which we were expecting to be boring but had a good array of meats, dairy, carbs and lots of “take with” items like breakfast bars, apples, etc.

The location is ideal…tucked on a side street close to the French Quarter but far enough away from the insanity. The location was great for the convention center…a healthy 10-15 minute walk but even better for the French Quarter, post-convention activities which started only 2 blocks away.

I would stay at the Omni Royal Crescent anytime!

1 Thank Peaceful_Rhino
We'd love to have you back anytime. Thanks again for spreading the word to your coworkers and all choosing to stay with us. Please contact us directly before your next stay if you have any special needs for a large group. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in New Orleans.
Kentucky
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent during Mardi Gras and had an excellent experience. I have stayed at many hotels in New Orleans for Mardi Gras and they were tops. I booked 3 rooms all under my name for all my friends and everything went perfectly. The front desk was very friendly during check-in and made everything super easy. The bathrooms are very lovely with all marble and the rooms are very clean. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping the place clean and that can be a challenge during Mardi Gras. The rooms are rather small, but that can be very expected in New Orleans with such an old city. It was very nice to have a safe in the room that was super simple to use and it was an extremely quiet hotel for Mardi Gras even though it was fully occupied. The hotel had very nice details in the rooms without much fuss. Great job to the entire staff. I hope to return next year too.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lotsofNOLAtrips
Belgium
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent Hotel for a conference. I found it after research on expedia and tripadvisor. The hotel has a great location and is likely the best price/value deal downtown. It is close to major conference venues and good restautants. However what the hotel offers doesn't look cheap either, as it has hints of up-market feel. My room was quite stately with a great bed and elegant interior decoration. For example, the bathroom was done in marble. The hotel is ranked 3 1/2 stars but it feels like a solid 4 stars. The only weakness is that breakfast is not included. Also the instructions regarding free WIFI need to be clearer vis-a-vis your registration on the Select Guest program. But on the whole this hotel is a great find and stay. Would definitely used it again if back in New Orleans and would recommend it to friends. It is a classy place to stay at an affordable price for downtown New Orleans.

1 Thank Aristotelian
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2010
Thanks for choosing us as your home during your conference. We really appreciate you spreading the word about the hotel to friends. We will work on making the WiFi sign up clearer to guests. For those reading our response, we offer free in-room wireless when you sign up for our free Select Guest program which also includes morning beverage service and newspaper delivered to your door. Come back soon for business or for leisure. We look forward to seeing you.
London
Reviewed 23 February 2010

Stayed for four nights in a double bed room. Very nice room with excellent facilities for a hotel that is not a five star property. All in all I would say that the quality of the room compares to any good Hyatt/Fairmont hotel, but the hotel itself is 3 1/2 to 4 star simply because it does not offer things like shoeshine and extras like that. However, it did the job perfectly fine for us and it was actually incredible value for money. Very nice and clean marble bathroom with good amenities. Same applies to the bedroom. Very comfortable beds with goose down duvets and nice pillows. Very large flat-panel TV. Nice ambience.
Breakfast for USD10.95 was very good and covered all the basics for a buffet. Again, very good value for money.

All in all, this hotel ticked all the boxes for me. It has a good location and very good rooms. It really is a top pick in New Orleans since it is close to the French Quarter, but not in it (so you can get a good night rest), but it is likewise in easy reach to CBD. For the price you pay, it is stunning value for money.

2 Thank Critical_Mind
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2010
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. It's great to hear that you think we are a good value and that you enjoyed all the amenities we offer. We don't offer as many amenities as the Omni Royal Orleans in the French Quarter, but for those looking for something smaller and close but not too close to the quarter we are in a great location. Please visit us again soon.