“Birthday Weekend Getaway! RECOMMENDED!”

Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #88 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I visited the Omni Royal Crescent for my Birthday which was on Easter Weekend. Upon arrival, the staff was very pleasant and professional, I received a hand written card from the manager of the hotel welcoming my stay and thanking me for choosing the Omni Royal Crescent, out of all the hotels I've stayed in, I have NEVER gotten such a nice jester/greeting as this, I thought it was very personable and it made a lasting impression with me. The hotel is in EXCELLENT location, short walk to EVERYTHING and away from the noise on Bourbon St. for a good nights rest. The rooms are on the small side, but yet they were comfortable(especially the beds). The lobby was nice and clean. The only recommendations I would have for the hotel (to change) is to do some updating within the hotel such as rooms and hallways, and I think the bar should stay open later then what it does, to accommodate the late nighter's and fix the sidewalk outside of the hotel, outside of those things, you will not be disappointed and I would stay again upon returning to NOLA!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lifeof4
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2010

We're glad you chose us. We hope you had a great birthday weekend at the hotel and hope you will stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 6 April 2010

My wife and I visited New Orleans over Easter weekend from Los Angeles. We are a member of OMNI (which is easy to register and become). We got a free soft drink of choice in the morning, and free internet service. I have to say the location is really good. It is so easy to walk to the various hot spots in the French Quarter. We had considered the other Omni Hotel near Bourbon Street, but we are glad we chose this one instead.
Though I wouldn't rate this hotel up with the looks of some other Omni Hotels I have stayed at, it is still very nice and very clean. The Wi-Fi is a bit questionable at times.
The value is definitely good, as we got a great rate for the long weekend.
The staff is very nice and helpful. They also can help you to arrange a TAXI to the airport. We came back late the night before check out, and happened to ask them how long it would take a TAXI to get to the airport in the morning. They told us 20 minutes and offered to schedule a TAXI for us. The next morning, the TAXI arrived right on the dot timewise, and it indeed took 20 minutes.
Overall, we like this place. The location is very close the Mississippi River, and all great bars & restaurants of New Orleans. It would be hard to find something better in all aspects. We will return.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daquido_Bazzini

Thanks for writing a review of the hotel. We're glad you enjoyed the location and took advantage of our Select Guest program which also comes with a free morning newspaper. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed 2 April 2010

We were upgraded at no extra charge so i'm a litle biased, but generally the hotel is very good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms nice. Bed and pillows were really comfortable.

Hotel could use some updating. Our room was very nice, but the carpet in the hallway and the elevators (for example) should be updated.

You really can't beat the location. In the middle of the french quarter, but still quiet.

1  Thank rer1234

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We certainly will consider the carpet and elevators in our next update. We're glad you had a good stay and enjoyed the location. We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in New Orleans.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Our stay was wonderful. The staff made every effort to ensure we were comfortable. The beds were divine. I almost didn't want to leave the hotel room.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cm_in_nyack
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2010

We're glad you enjoyed your stay so much you wanted to stay longer. We hope next time you're in New Orleans you'll stay with us.

Reviewed 22 March 2010

Staff was fabulous! Hotel beautiful and very clean. Location could not have been better. Just few blocks away from the quarter and quiet at night and we felt very safe as well! Will def. stay here again :)

1  Thank ATAYLOR912

We really appreciate the kind words. Please come back soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

My husband and I were on our way to Biloxi and decided to go the extra hour on to New Orleans for a quick trip- I am a planner who researches hotels and was a little nervous to just book this one on the way there on my Iphone! I always check with the travelers photos on tripadvisor cause they always show the truth of what the place really looks like-- The Omni Royal Cresent did not disappoint. I was pleased from the person who took my "last minute" reservation on the phone to when we arrived at check in and was helped by two of the nicest gentleman--- I was very happy with the room it was on the corner so a bit small, but the furnishings were tremendous- beautiful bed,
luxurious drapes, flat screen, large windows, marble bathroom with great toiletries- You will love it here- there is a rooftop area that has very sheek furniture great for lounging! there is a gym and sauna up there and a hot tub- The hotel is very close to the french quarter, riverwalk and harrahs casino- we felt safe at night walking from our hotel and when we came in at night the desk clerk always smiled and spoke to us! In fact, we stayed an extra night cause we had such a great time and they so nicely worked with us on the rate for sunday night- She even gave us a room on a higher floor with panaramic views for the 2nd night- The staff is all about pleasing the traveler! Put your mind at ease after booking here- you will be very happy!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank savannahc5
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2010

We’re so glad to hear you took a chance on booking us last minute and had a great time. It is reviews like yours that make it easy to sell people on the hotel. Thanks for staying with us an extra night and we hope you will stay with us again soon on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 9 March 2010

Stayed here for a conference in early March. This is a small but beautiful hotel with the friendliest staff I have ever encountered anywhere. The room is wonderful with a comfortable bed. The hotel was completely booked but extremely quite. The bathroom is clean with great towels and toilettries. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE REVIEWS THAT GAVE THIS HOTEL POOR AND TERRIBLE REVIEWS! They must have stayed at another hotel or have some serious issues totally unrelated to their stay here. This is the 10th different hotel I've stayed in while in NOLA, and I must say that this hotel ranks with the Roosevelt and Hilton Riverside as one of my favorites. It is absolutely amazing.

2  Thank travelermia
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

Thank you for such a glowing review. It's great to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. We hope we will be your favorite hotel for years to come. Please come back again soon.