“Perfect place for a weekend with kids”

The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Ranked #86 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The Westin is located next door to the Aquarium, the Insectarium, and a short walk to the heart of the French Quarter. The lobby is actually on something like the 12th floor with this great view of the quarter and the river. The bellmen on the ground floor are extremely helpful.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit. We certainly reep the benefits of our amazing location and views. We're glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you again soon!

Be Well,
Kenneth Jacques
Director of Operations

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Ok my husband and I check-in the receptionist tells us for being a Starwood member we can get one free cocktail from bar or free points. Well that's fine but its two of us as for as the drink goes. She tells us we can only get one drink. Ok we'll take the points. What two people going to do with one drink??? The rooms are a decent size for New Orleans. However when we got to our room it smelled like rubbing alcohol. At the night the loud train blowing, annoying. Not to mention my neighbor mones and groans so the walls are very thin. A lot of moisture in bathrooms kinda mildrewy. One free water complimentary for the whole weekend. Shouldn't you at least bring another the next day and by the way its Two guest. SMH.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeKendra30

Greetings,

Thanks for providing us feedback on your visit and your comments are right on. We'll work to improve based on your suggestions and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Be Well,
Kenneth Jacques
Director of Operations

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The good: the staff was friendly and quick to resolve problems. A bellman came promptly when I needed to check out. The service express line was answered quickly.

The bad: There were a lot of little problems that can be attributed to inattention to detail. I was charged for valet parking when I did not park at the hotel. There was no menu for room service in my room. 90% of the items on the room service breakfast menu are not on the breakfast hangtag; this led to an error in my breakfast order. One of my toiletry items looked like it had been used by a prior guest and not replaced.

Overall: The staff was nice about fixing problems, but it was annoying to have so many little problems.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JustPassingThrough22
Reviewed 29 October 2013

After leaving the Saints game, we decided we wanted one more night. I grabbed my iphone map and started tapping/calling familiar sounding hotels. Prices were in the upper $200s/300s for most rooms until I came across The Westin for $189. We booked and WOW, what a find. The hotel has to have the best views in New Orleans. The Westin couldn't be more convenient. The rooms were clean, roomy, and VERY comfortable.

I'll say this, I've always enjoyed staying at different hotels for my frequent family trips. I just may be done with that. The Westin may be my permanent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband is at a conference here now so we are spending 3 nights. It definitely needs to be updated but it's not bad so far. The views are amazing from our room on the 24th floor. The bed is comfortable and the room is a nice size.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is clean with large rooms, great views, and is well located. It is not luxurious, however. We booked using starpoints so felt that we got what we paid for. It's a big hotel so if you are expecting personal touches, look elsewhere. I wouldn't book this is if I was looking for an extra special getaway or luxury, but for a nice hotel in a great location, I'd stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sadventure
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Was a little nervous after reading the reviews here but we were very pleased with every aspect of this hotel. The service, location and accomodations were perfect for our pre cruise stay of 2 nights. The beds were super comfortable, the view from our 27th floor room was amazing, the pool was clean and fun and much appreciated after a hot day in the Quarter! Would absolutely LOVE to go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends