“Marvelous Views!”

Ranked #73 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Kentucky
“Marvelous Views!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband had to be in New Orleans recently on business with a large group, and I decided to tag along. There was a short delay during check-in and we were kindly up-graded from the deluxe king that was reserved and into another king room referred to as a "work-out" room ~ this was a great room. It was a corner room, slightly large than a deluxe king, and had two sets of large windows over-looking the river ~ a fabulous view! It ALSO had a treadmill, an exercise ball, and yoga equipment ~ I thoroughly enjoyed my morning walk each day from the comfort of my hotel room with a beautiful view. Thank you, Westin Canal Place, for helping me to return home without having gained any pounds, but enjoying all the delicious foods available in town. I'd like to add that all other aspects of our stay at the hotel were excellent ~ the lobby is attractive with great views, there is a restaurant and lounge on site, and the hotel is attached to Canal Place, a lovely multi-story shopping facility with food areas, as well as a large cinema! You don't have to leave the facility to have anything you need, but you will probably want to explore the French Quarter, Aquarium, or the museums located within walking distance.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms have a river view ~ regular rooms look out over the downtown area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Greetings,

We are so excited to hear about your great visit to Westin New Orleans and our one of a kind city! If you departed from New Orleans without gaining a single pound, we are a bit concerned that we may not have sent you to the best restaurants in the world just outside of our doors! However, the Westin workout guest rooms are certainly the only way for one to attempt to accomplish this amazing feat.

At Westin New Orleans, we strive to provide the balance of nourishment with our Superfoods menu along with the unique local dishes that visitors want to indulge into their taste buds. Thanks for visiting and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Gympie, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It's usual when I arrive in a new city that I race out and explore. My experience at this hotel was different. My mouth dropped when I entered my room and realised I had a direct view of the Mississippi River. On approaching the window I then saw my stunning vista also included the French Quarter. I stood. I viewed. I loved my room. I was so happy to pull the seat to the window and just sit and look. Simply stunning.

The hotel is located right on the river, about a 5 minute walk to Jackson Brewery and all the tours that leave from nearby. Being on Canal Street, you are immediately in the French Quarter. Everything is within strolling distance.

The staff were perfect! Professional, so very courteous and prompt with responses to requests.

I am becoming a devotee of Westin Hotels due to their attention to the needs of travellers. I am yet to find a fault at any of the Westin Hotels that I have visited.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tourismteach
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed there December 3, 2013 during a trip to New Orleans to attend a concert by the Irish Tenors. The service there was outstanding; room was excellent. The Star desk attendant went to extra mile to make sure we were comfortable. She walked us around the lobby, showed us the bar, and told us how and where would be best to park. The room was excellent in all respects, with a great view of both the Mississippi River, Jackson Square and the surrounding area of the French Quarter. Try Room 2011 for this great view. The barkeeper also makes a mean Manhattan!

Room Tip: Try room 2011 for a great view from the 20th floor!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kenkraw
Hi There!

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such great feedback regarding your recent experience at Westin New Orleans! We are delighted that you enjoyed the majestic views of the Mississippi and the historic French Quarter.

The Green Bar is renowned for the quality cocktails from our bar craftsmen and I will be sure to thank the team for the compliment you listed regarding your tasty Manhattan.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin November 21 - 24. This hotel is in the absolute ideal location and probably has the best view of the Mississippi River in all of the NOLA. It is a 10 minute walk from Bourbon Street and a 10 minute walk to the French Market. We even walked back to the hotel from the WWII Museum (it's just about 1 mile from the hotel).

The rooms and bathrooms were very clean!

The only complaint we have is the walls are very thin. You could hear everything that was going on outside your door in the hallway and we could hear any kind of comotion in the room next to us.

Overall we had an excellent stay and would defintiely go back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Greetings,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Westin New Orleans Canal Place! Our proximity to the French Quarter and majestic Mississippi River views are unparalleled even in our unique city. I'll be sure to give kudos to our Housekeeping team for the spotlessly clean rooms that you mentioned, as they truly feel rewarded when they hear about their hard work resulting in happy guests. Thank you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The view is incredible, and the location is on top of a very nice mall and next to the famous Canal Street. We then were met with fantastic service from Jesse Jones. Friendly and helpful, he made our stay at a wonderful hotel even better! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings,

Thank you for the notes regarding your recent visit with us! I will be sure to thank Jesse for providing the personal service touches that we are striving to deliver to our guests at Westin New Orleans Canal Place. We find that these small personal touches are paramount to you having a great experience.

Please come back and see us again soon!

Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is your classic Westin hotel, a little more reasonably priced than some. The location is GREAT - overlooking the river (if you are lucky enough to get a room facing that direction) and within walking distance of most of the great locations in New Orleans - world class dining, Bourbon Street, Harrah's Casino, Canal Street, shopping (it is connected to a beautiful shopping center including Saks Fifth Avenue), the piers and riverwalk area, and the aquarium. The rooms are nice - typical with the usual sweet sleeper beds and yummy shower heads. Starbucks coffee in the guest rooms gets you going in the morning.

My only negative comments are the way the lobby is set up - needing to come up an elevator to the lobby on the 11th floor and then across the lobby to the guest room elevators. On the plus side there, the lobby is a great, relaxing space with sofas, tables, and local books on the area. The ventilation system is a little weird in the rooms as well - windy feeling and hard to get the temperature right. They could use a little more window washing and scrubbing of the hotel - it's not dirty, it just doesn't shine. Servicing of the rooms is slow - we had to request our room be cleaned a couple days after 4 pm when they had not been through yet. I noted that crumbs that were on the nightstand were still there 3 days later, so wasn't impressed with that.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevators and with a view of the river. If you can get a suite - do.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Westin New Orleans experience! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and noticed some of our recent enhancements in the lobby. We'll take the constructive comments back to the team and work to improve thanks to your feedback.

We are eagerly anticipating the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I really like the location of this hotel. Unfortunately I came when New Orleans was hit with wet cool weather, but I can only image the views you have from this hotel on a clear sunny day. The Pool is on the roof and gives you a panoramic view of the city. Bed is comfortable, and the service is good!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Greetings,

Thanks for taking the time to share some details from your recent experience! We certainly had an unusual cold spell recently, but luckily we are off to a warm start in December.

Our views of the Mississippi River and French Quarter are certainly majestic and our newly renovated lobby is designed to take even greater advantage of this perk to enhance your experience. We are also adding a beverage program in the evenings in our lobby to allow our guest an even greater enjoyment of this amazing space.

We look forward to better weather on your next visit and can not wait to welcome you back!