“Stayed During Conference”

The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Ranked #87 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was my second stay at this Westin. We were in town for the reading conference and selected the hotel for the location to the conference center and French Quarter. We upgraded the room to the river view and loved it. All staff members were wonderful - very personable and helpful. The folks that cleaned and restocked the rooms were exceptional. It is an easy walk to the French Quarter which allows you to do a lot of sight seeing even while on a business trip.

Room Tip: Get the river view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HotelManager W, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm delighted to hear that our staff provided great service and that you enjoyed your river view. It's also wonderful to hear that our convenient location allowed you to explore New Orleans even while on a business trip. We love hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My family and a friend recently stayed at the Westin Canal Place during JazzFest. What a great experience. The best thing about the hotel is the location, the rooftop pool and the dramatic views of the Mighty Mississippi from our room, the restaurant and lobby and from the pool. Fantastic! The person who helped us at the front desk was a true professional and I really enjoyed her. She helped my sister and brother-in-law get a room for Saturday night, when the hotel was obviously very booked because of JazzFest, and gave her a fantastic rate and an upgrade as well. I wish I could remember her name because I'd like to sing her praises here. The concierge was great. Helped us with dinner reservations. The restaurant was very good and they even compd my son 's breakfast one morning because it somehow got lost or delayed. We didn't ask, they just did it! Good move Westin staff! Enabled staff make a difference. On more that one occasion they stepped up and went above and beyond. The only negative and why I'm not giving it a 5-star rating was that the maid did not clean our suite on Saturday. We had to get it done while we were out to dinner, which they did and did well. And the furnishings in the suites need updating. Overall, a FABULOUS place to stay in New Orleans, and I have stayed in many. I highly recommend it. love the shops in Canal Place too!

Room Tip: You must get a Mississippi River view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! It's great to hear that our staff delivered the exceptional service our guests have grown to expect from the Westin and I will pass your praise onto our team. I'm glad you enjoyed our beautiful rooftop pool as well as our river views, though I am sorry to hear your room needs some updating. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to refresh our hotel in the coming months.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We chose this location because most of the pet friendly hotels were booked due to a Wrestlemania event. However, we are so glad we chose this location in the end. It's only a few blocks from the French Quarter so we were able to walk to a lot of places. It's also located right by the riverside which was great for a walk with the dog. The hotel was clean and staff was great. We booked the bienville room, and it was huge! We wanted a bigger room so that our dog would be comfortable for those times we had to leave him. The bienville was 800sq ft, had a separate sitting area from the bedroom. Couldn't believe the awesome rate for that big of a room. The view was very nice too. We will definitely stay at this hotel from now on when we visit New Orleans.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank wikked

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location and views. I am also pleased to hear that you found your room to be a great accommodation for both you and your dog. We strive to make every guest comfortable - even the four-legged ones!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New Orleans!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I am rating this solely based on my experience with Jasmine from concierge at the Westin Canal Place as well as the feedback my girlfriend provided on her stay there. I called the Westin from a plane in Colorado to arrange for a surprise for my girlfriend who was arriving later that day. Jasmine was cheery, helpful and went the extra mile to ensure my girlfriend would have a great experience there. I was blown away by the great customer experience and naturally told others on the plane how wonderful she was. If you are staying at the Westin and need concierge service, definitely ask for Jasmine! Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Bryan,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our concierge service! We strive to make everyone feel like an honored guest and I'm delighted that Jasmine was able to provide the excellent customer service our guests have come to expect at the Westin. I will definitely share your praise with the team.

We hope to welcome you on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Checked in with Robin Ward at the front desk. She could not have been more cheerful, helpful, and gracious. A prefect way to begin our stay. And our room on the 26th floor had the most beautiful view I have ever seen in New Orleans. Fantastic location- on the edge of the French Quarter, and on Canal Street where you can easily pick up the street car, bus, or a cab. And a lovely shopping center with Saks and other classy shops below the hotel.
Other reviews here say that their rooms were under par.. ours was clean and thoroughly comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManager W, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place! We love to hear when our guests enjoy everything our hotel has to offer. I am also pleased to hear you had such a positive interaction with Robin as you checked in. We strive to welcome our guests as friends! I will be sure to pass your praise along to our team. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I was so extremely disappointed in the stay. We stayed over Jazz Fest on points. We were to be in a suite, but I don't know how the room was a suite. The tables and desk were dusty, towels were stained, and there were scuff marks all over the paint (both main room and bathroom). The views were amazing, however, that didn't make up for it. They didn't refresh the lotion and shampoo though empty --- and when we called the desk to have some brought up, they did yet the person delivering it said nothing though I made a point of saying thank you. What is worse, though, is I came home to find they charged my credit card for the stay though it was to be on points. I have called several time to speak to the manager, left messages, telephone number, etc. and have not had the courtesy of a return telephone call. Very disappointing. I know that they were busy as a result of Jazz Fest, but these were normal things that you would expect a hotel of this caliber to take care of whether it was Jazz Fest or not. The lobby is well maintained because that is what most people see, but if our room was any indication of the hotel overall then it needs a lot of updating. Maybe they put us in a bad room because we were using points --- but just not impressed. Now, if I could just get the manager to return my call.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pollack S

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay. I'm sorry to hear that you found your room to be dirty. We strive to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and I will be sure to discuss this with our team. I can understand how frustrating it is for the points to be mixed up with a credit card and I’m sorry you haven’t heard from us sooner. That is definitely not the customer service standard our guests have come to expect from us. Please reach out to our Director of Operations directly and we will be happy to resolve this issue: Kenneth Jacques, 504-553-5099 or kenneth.jacques@westinneworleans.com.

I'm glad you enjoyed our views and newly refreshed lobby. We're continuously making updates based on valuable feedback like yours and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Not many complaints. Stayed here during Jazz Fest and the hotel was full to capacity but did not seem like it. The bellman at the door were very friendly and helpful. The lobby is on the 11th floor (underneath is a upscale mall). We checked in with no problem. Our room was on the 28th floor with an amazing view of the river - even saw fireworks one night. I cannot say the room was absolutely perfect - it is starting to show a little wear and tear, but it was very comfortable and after a long day at Jazz Fest a relaxing room to come back to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the river view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HotelManager W, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hello Simon,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room views and even got to see some fireworks! I'm glad you found your room comfortable despite some wear and tear, this is something we'll keep in mind as we continue to enhance our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip!