“Perfect New Orleans Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin New Orleans Canal Place

The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Ranked #70 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
NYC
“Perfect New Orleans Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I got a good deal by bidding on Priceline and they gave me this hotel for my 3 night stay. It was actually really nice. Perfect location by the river in New Orleans. Bourbon Street was walking distance. This hotel is on top of a mall, so at first it was confusing. Room was large, clean. Great river view. Parking was expensive and the garage makes you loop like crazy. Elevator situation can be annoying because you end up waiting a long time for them because there are only a few elevators and 1 was even out of service but it's OK. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kenneth J, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for sharing about your experience at Westin New Orleans Canal Place. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your spacios and clean room along with the breathtaking views. Our location provides the ease of access to all of the great attractions of NOLA, but at our own little corner along the River, it can be a serene escape from the party a few blocks away.

I apologize for the elevator delay experienced during your stay. I believe you stayed in March, but we completed a full modernization of all of our guest elevators in December. I do not recall exactly, but there may have been some additional work being done a few months after the project was completed. I can assure you they are all in service with the most modern technology in the market at this time.

Our team thanks you for the nice feedback and can not wait to welcome you back to have another great visit!

Be Well,
Kenneth Jacques
Director of Hotel Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Located on top of high end shopping center near convention center and French Quarter. Gorgeous lobby view. Business center is quite difficult to locate and not free. Fitness center has the right equipment but I should have go run outside with better view. Room is spacious and comfortable but noisy is people outside are talking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Good Day,

Thanks for taking the time to share some notes from your visit! We are delighted that you enjoyed the view and amenities. Our Westin Workout fitness studio has everything imaginable to meet our guests typical fitness needs, but with Waldenberg Riverfront park just outside our doors, I can certainly understand your sentiments. Many of our guests enjoy a jog to the end of the park and then return back via Royal or Chartres street in the French Quarter to fully enjoy a broad scope of our unique scenery in New Orleans.

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Be Well,
Kenneth Jacques
Director of Hotel Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Westin New Orleans for a work trip.

Great location, minutes from Bourbon St and about a 10 min walk to the Convention Center where our Conference was.

Decor/Ambiance:
Very nicely decorated and updated hotel, spacious lobby over looking New Orleans 11 floors up with nice couches and tables with outlets for getting work done. ALSO, Great news is this hotel is attached to a high end mall they have Tiffanys, Chanel, Saks, C Wonder, Michael Kors etc which is perfect for a last minute outfit

Rooms:
Modern, nice view, intense AC which you need in such a hot city

Bar/Lounge:
One lounge with a small App type menu, went there for drinks and an app before hitting Bourbon St.

Only Down side:
They have a pool on the 29th floor which is really cool, but I think they need to be a little more attentive to it, I could see so many hairs and nastiness when I went in. I had to go into cool down but I found it pretty gross

Over all I would def stay here again, great location and nice and updated

Room Tip: Get one with the view of the Canal
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ilovederek
HotelManager W, Manager at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, newly refreshed lobby, location and views. I am disappointed to hear that you were not impressed by our pool though. I will be sure to discuss this issue with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next New Orleans trip!
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

The property is in a perfect location to the French Quarter, with awesome views of the Mississippi River. The staff was great, helpful, and friendly. The parking is a bit odd, and the lobby is on the 11th floor, Alonso a bit strange. Zig zagging from one set of elevators to another (parking to lobby to room to ground level) was also unusual. As far as the room goes, somewhat spartan and worn, the front of my a/c unit fell off in the middle of the night (a metal grill about 4 feet long crashing to the floor is a bit startling), it had been obviously shoved into place hoping it would stay. I would also recommend not participating in their "green" initiative for the $5 room credit, if you expect your bed to have fresh linens, be made, replenished coffee packs, fresh towels, etc. To me, this program was more about how the hotel can simply skip doing basic room cleaning than saving the planet. I'd stay there again, for the right price.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor room overlooking the French Quarter and the River
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Don,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel's location, staff, and views! Though I am sorry to hear that some of the details were not up to our Westin standards and that you found our hotel to be confusing. We will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we continue to refresh our hotel throughout the rest of the year.
We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin New Orleans during a convention. Our stay started off bumpy, we waited 2 hours for our room but the hotel made up for our inconvenience by offering a complimentary full breakfast each day of our stay.The staff was extremely nice and professional. The hotel is located in an excellent area with lots of activities within a few minutes walk. Theres not a microwave/refridgerator in the rooms so that was my only complaint.
But I will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm disappointed to hear about the wait you had for your room, though I am glad to hear that our staff was able to make up for your inconvenience. I will be sure to pass your praise on to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New Orleans!
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The location is very close to the waterfront (including the aquarium and outlet mall) and about 10 minute walk to French quarter. The layout is a little odd, with the hotel check in on the 11th floor. Room view was nice. Not the nicest Westin I've stayed in but also definitely not the worst. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Although being that close to the water you hear the big boats late at night/early morning but we're used to the noise back home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place! I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location and found our staff friendly, though I am disappointed to hear that not all the details of your stay were up to Westin standards.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New Orleans!
Oslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Sitting in the hotel lobby or in your room watching the big ships going downstream is nice. So is the proximity to the French Quarter and most of the interesting sites in this city. But the interior and the comfort of the rooms are definitively average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello Eldar,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel views as well as our location. I am disappointed to hear that you felt we were average, we strive to meet the standards our guest have grown to expect from the Westin. We will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we continue to refresh our hotel throughout the year.
We hope to welcome you back on your next New Orleans vacation!