“Great view of the river!”

The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
Ranked #80 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great view of the river!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to enjoy the time in NOLA. The location is perfect to visit the French quarter and they have the best view of the Mississippi.

The services and amenities are good as well.

An important thing is that they have direct access to the mall and right across the street is a Casino, an Aquarium and an Outlet, also it is walking distance from other convenient stores.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Tania C
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thanks for your endorsement. It seems like you had a nice visit to the city and I'm glad you chose to stay at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place. It seems like you were satisfied with your stay but if you can think of anything else that you would like to see at our hotel, please message me to let me know. We are working hard to deliver the best possible guest experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while I dropped my son off for college. Good location and while very close to French Quarter no real noise except for river bot whistles. The front desk and welcome was warm and helpful, rooms were "rooms" nothing too special but clean and well cared for. You stay here for the location and ease. I do give a shout out to the doormen who are wonderful, knowledgable about the area and always helpful.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for the review. We receive lots of positive comments about our valet parking and bell staff. I'll make sure they see your feedback. It seems that you enjoyed your stay. I am interested in knowing what we can do to earn 4 possibly 5 stars on your next visit. If you have any further comments, please feel free to send them to me.
Goshen, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I am a starwood platinum member so I stay in a lot of hotels. I came across this Westin last year on a business trip and absolutely loved it. The views from the hotel, the location and the welcoming door men can't be beat. I am now traveling to NOLA frequently as I have two sons at Tulane. We decided to try a suite at the Sheraton using my points, and I was just not happy there as I knew how nice the Westin was. I called over to the front desk at the Westin hoping I could some how move over. I spoke with Rosie who could not have been more accommodating. While the hotel was very full she managed to find us a suite and helped facilitate the transfer of the starwood points. She could not have been nicer more more competent and she has reinforced my loyalty to the starwood brand. Westin is lucky to have her!

Room Tip: River views are spectacular
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank PrecisionSales
Thanks for your thoughtful comments. The bell and valet staff had a great weekend from the feedback I have read. Rosie is fantastic and consistently goes above and beyond to serve our guests. I'm certainly glad you were able to meet her and that she could come through for you during your visit. I will see to it that they see your review of their work.

Since you visit regularly and spend a lot of time in Starwood hotels, I'm interested in learning of any additional suggestions as to how we can deliver an even better experience. The team is working hard to perform at a high level and frequent guests tend to give excellent feedback.

Finally, we began making improvements to our Green Bar today so when you come back you'll have to come in for a drink and check it out.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm currently in this hotel, but since we won't be able to sleep, I have time to write a review. I booked this place last minute and paid extra for a suite so that my one year old would have his own space to sleep. Well, no one warned me that there was a wedding reception taking place below us. It sounds like the band is in our hotel room. I called the front desk to ask what was going on and she said "oh it will end soon", but it hasn't. We are absolutely miserable and just want SLEEP. By far the worst and most expensice hotel experience I've ever had.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MacyeR
It was good to receive your note and I'm very sorry to learn that you had trouble sleeping due to reception on the 12th floor. We host many wedding receptions each year so your feedback is very valuable. Should you choose to stay with us again, I invite you to let me know and I will personally see to it that you receive a room on a higher floor.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great location and wonderful staff. The hotel is definitely not as a quaint as some of the boutique hotels, but it is quiet and very secure , especially is you are a woman traveling by yourself. The staff is awesome. The hotel could use a little fresh paint, but other than that, it was great. You can walk anywhere in the quarter. Just bring flats!

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side have a beautiful view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for the kind review! We work to make all guests feel safe and I'm glad you enjoyed the river views. It can be very calming, especially at breakfast in River 127. Since we have recently adopted new initiatives aimed at elevating our service levels, your feedback certainly indicates that our team is focused. If you can think of any additional suggestions, please let me know. You'll be glad to know that we have several important maintenance projects underway including the redesign of Green Bar, which began today. We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to New Orleans.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

When booking this hotel I requested a low floor. However, no where on the hotel website did it mention that the lobby is on something like the 14th floor and then the room floors start above that. I also didn't like the fact that there was a mall which is open to the public directly underneath. . .and anyone from the mall has access to the same elevator that took us to our room.

I also want to mention that although the hotel and room were a disappointment, the staff was not. We ended up leaving early because we were so dissatisfied, but the staff were wonderful in trying to resolve our problems and eventually helping us to check out early.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thanks for taking time to write a review. It is natural for guests to expect the lobby to begin on the ground level, however many guests enjoy the views from the 11th floor sky lobby. With our guestrooms on floors 14-29, each one offers nice views of the city and river. I understand that you were not happy with your room this time, but should you choose to return, please let me know and I will make sure you are on one of our upper floors. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to our city.
Imperial, Missouri
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We loved this place. We had a roof top pool and awesome views. The place was amazing and so glad we stayed here. The only bad thing was it was a little confusing where to check in and getting to our room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Brian A, Director of Sales at The Westin New Orleans Canal Place, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and the pool. Several of our guests find the initial check-in confusing since our lobby is on the 11th floor. Other guests tell us that the appreciate the privacy. I'll pass along your comments to our staff who will be glad to learn of your positive experience. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon.