“Not pleased”

Ranked #6 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“Not pleased”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

The room had many housekeeping and maintenance issues. The carpet had several large stains. A wall mounted picture was missing and only the holes in the wall remained. Numerous wall plates were missing screws. Wallpaper was peeling. The wet bar fridge door fell off the hinges. Turndown wasn't performed on 1 day. Main lobby and the 5th floor elevator lobby furniture was thread bare.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2011
Dear Marshall089,

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I was troubled to read about the service inconsistencies during your most recent stay. You have my most sincere apologies and I have taken the steps to see that it doesn't happen again. We will be addressing the shortcomings of the room during our renovation process.

When returning to New Orleans, we hope you will consider staying with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
Madisonville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and took our two boys ages 4 and 11 to stay at the Windsor Court for Mardi Gras this year. The service was impeccable and although it is a swank hotel, they were great with the kids. The price couldn't be beat and the room size was excellent, allowing us all enough room to have the necissary space. There were a number of parades that passed right in front of the hotel and the crowd on the parade route was very family oriented. It allowed for the safety, secuirty and privacy that we weren't sure we would find in a downtown New Orleans hotel. It was a great family trip and we will be booking again for next year.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Dear Elcamina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Windsor Court experience. It was a pleasure to hear your stay with us was enjoyable and that you had the opportuntity to experience Mardi Gras!

We take extreme pride in delivering world class service with a touch of charm. Whether for business or leisure, we strive to treat all guests like royalty.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

Dressed in ripped jeans and t-shirts, we certainly didn't look like the usual Windsor Court guest. But in true southern hospitality, we were welcomed into this old-world (and ginormous) hotel.

While our suite was spacious with beautiful views of the city, we couldn't help but chuckle at the few things that felt off. First, there was the kitchen from the 70s that someone would bang on our door every morning to come check in on (something about the mini bar). Then there was the TV from the early 90s that sat at the end of our bed, rising up and down with a touch of a button. And the bathroom was simply outdated with chipped porcelain and weak faucets.

That being said, the bed was absolutely heavenly. And I wish I had more time at the gorgeous pool. But the central location lent itself to much time outside the room-- as we were just steps from downtown and a few blocks from the French Quarter.

I'd definitely come back, especially after they upgrade.

Dear Halleandtheworld,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you recently. At Windsor Court we strive to create a memorable and special experience for each and every guest.

I appeciate the positive feedback regarding the staff as southern hospitality comes naturally. We will be addressing the shortcomings of the room during our renovation process. Thank you again for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you have made the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your plans bring you to New Orleans.
Bayonne, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

This was not my first choice. Most of my party was at another hotel but I am delighted that that one was sold out. I stayed on a "Club" floor and it was a pleasure. The staff, service, comfort and amenities were outstanding. The only criticism would be that the sliders to the deck and closets along ith a noisy AC/Heat unit all obviously needed to be replaced. I travel to New Orleans often and will without doubt stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank nola12345646290
Dear Nola12345646290,

I appeciate the positive feedback regarding the staff. I'm sorry for the shortcomings with your room product. We will work hard to make the corrections during our upcoming renovations. Thank you again for staying with us. We are very happy to hear that you have made the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your plans bring you to New Orleans.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2011

Beautiful, elegant, tasteful hotel. Great quiet location within 5 min walk to French Quarter. The service is impeccable and all staff really make you feel special. The room was spacious, nice amenities and bathroom and the King size bed was extremely comfortable. I slept very well which I often do not do in a hotel. We had drinks and bar menu one evening which was very good. River and pool view from the balcony was enjoyable...it was nice to open the sliding door in March! As for any reviews stating that the hotel or furniture is shabby...I think these guests would prefer a brand new property with "IKEA" style furnishings. This hotel is old world elegant and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Dear Theresita61,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court and for sharing your experience. I am very happy to read you enjoyed your experience and felt the warm hospitality of the staff.

st louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

We were in town for a family trip as well as some siness. The room was huge and well appointed with a small kitchen that was useful as far as the coffee maker. Beds were very comfortable and after 2 calls tohous keeping finally got 2 pillows that were a little firmer than what was there at first. Loved the twice daily turn down service. My main com paint was the concierge staff. Twice they gave us the wrong info after I had asked them to double check some things that ended up wasting us a lot of time and cost us $$ until a hawk eyed clerk at the swamp tour theory had booked for us caught the mistake. We are seasoned travelers and I always try to use the concierge when I can. This time I would have been better off just doing everything myself. Overall we loved the pool, work out facilities (absolutely convenient, gorgeous, clean) and the amenities. Hotel is off the beaten path but still very close to the French quarter so we weren't bothered by a lot of noise. The hotel can seem a little stuffy and this is intensified by the staff at check in and as stated, the concierges. Still, very awesome hotel experience, but now that I have stayed here and "gotten it out of my system" I don't think we'll be returning.there are so many fine hotels here that for the $$ I'd rather try something else.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Betsymcm,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court and for sharing your experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse of service you experienced during your visit. Our goal is to provide you with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every one of your stays with us is a most pleasant and memorable one.

We hope that you will reconsider and make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your plans bring you to New Orleans.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

Everyone raved about Windsor Court, and I wanted to like it more than I did. There were many positive aspects of our stay there. The people at the front desk were efficient and friendly, and the concierge service was great. The courtyard and lobby were attractive, with lots of fresh flowers adorning each.
The location was great, within easy walking distance to the French Quarter and many good restaurants in the Warehouse district.

We chose a full suite because three adults were sharing a room. The room was spacious, and we loved looking out at the river from our balcony on the 16th floor. The person in the living room slept on a rollaway bed and had his own entrance to a shared bathroom. Too bad I woke up stiff each morning. The sheets were silken, but the bed didn't support my back.

The room needed improvement. There were ugly chips in the porcelain sink. The sofa in the living area needed better cushions. The toilet sometimes kept running; we'd have to return to jostle the handle. The floor in the kitchenette was sticky. Housekeepers did not always clean the coffee cups we left in the sink, and they didn't replace the creamer and sugar when they ran out. We contacted the front desk twice about items such as facial tissue and note paper that needed to be refilled. Once we got an immediate response, but the second time we had to call again to get the service we requested.

If the price had been more moderate, I wouldn't gripe about some of the things I mentioned. But at $350 per night on a weekend, I expected more.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2011
Dear 43josie,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you recently. At Windsor Court we strive to create a memorable and special experience for each and every luxury guest.

I appeciate the positive feedback regarding the staff. Southern hospitality comes natural here. I'm sorry for the shortcomings with your room product and the inconsistencies in service. We will work hard to make the corrections as soon as possible. Thank you again for staying with us. I hope we get to see you again soon.