“Should have stayed next door.”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed here a few months back and I decided to share about my stay.

At first sight the room looked very nice. Until I walked into the kitchen, which was very dirty. The coffee seemed to be used when we got it because there was a used napkin and a used mug. No cream or sugar. (I had to call refill service 3 times before they came.) I walked into the bathroom and there was someone else's urine in the toilet! Talk about gross! Later on I had some leftovers that I wanted to reheat and they're was no microwave! So I had to go downstairs to get a plate because I didn't feel like waiting 3 hours for one. I heated it up in the oven and I had to use a towel to get it out because there were no oven mitts.(I also burnt myself.) The rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 1980's! The windows were filthy too! This hotel just isnt what it used to be!

Honestly. Ive had better stays in motel 6's for a 4th of the cost! If you want a hotel in this location, I would recommend the W next door!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Mvl30
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear mvl30,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to New Orleans a few months ago. I offer my sincerest apologies that the quality of the rooms and the value did not meet your expectations. Please know that we are addressing the shortcomings of the rooms during our renovation process.

However, the lapse in service is inexcusable, and please know that I am handling it internally.

We hope that you reconsider and take the opportunity to experience the renovated Windsor Court whenever your plans next bring you to New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,714)

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Windsor Court is a good choice for a stay in The Big Easy. The city is amazing and the hotel is extremely well located, in a quiet area close to the Casino and Riverwalk. French Quarter is a 10 minute walk and you are close to Canal Street where you can easily catch the tram to Garden District or Magazine Avenue shops.
The hotel has quite an standard façade but the interiors are truly boutique, elegantly decorated with and english twist. We were staying in a Club Guest Room. The Club floors have been recently refurbished and look great. You can acces the Club Lounge. The views over the Mississipi are amazing, sunrise over the river a real treat. Service is very good. All staff members were friendly and effective. We did not try it but The Grill offer fine food options. There is an outdoor pool in the second floor though is quite small and only does get sun for a couple of hours.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OutkastBCN
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear OutkastBCN,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent visit to New Orleans. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the location, the accommodations, the Club Lounge and our staff. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests.

We hope that you will make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

I stayed at the Windsor Court last weekend to look at colleges and celebrate my daughters 18th birthday. I carefully checked the reviews from trip advisor and when making my reservation was specific about wanting a room that had been refurbished. Wow, it was gorgeous. The concierge was very helpful in having flowers sent to my daughter and the evening of our arrival we received two beautiful cards from the GM and our concierge. They also sent a chocolate plate with "Happy Birthday" scrolled in chocolate. What a lovely surprise for my daughter. The staff couldn't have been nicer and we loved the jazz in the Polo Lounge. Can't wait for a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank pmul35805

Dear pmul35805,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court for your visit to New Orleans to celebrate your daughter's birthday. I am delighted to heart that you were pleased with the rooms, the jazz in the Polo Club lounge, and with our staff. We strive to provide the highest level of personalized service to make each visit exceptionally memorable for our guests.

We hope that you will make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Hard to know where to begin. Will start with the good. Nice building, nice bar and dining area. Room was decorated in the 70's. I would have liked this if it was well maintained but it wasn't. Carpets threadbare, sticky light switches, black stains on the bathroom ceiling. Yuck. The killer was that the internet went out the evening I was staying there and when I called to ask I was transferred to an IT tech based in....NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!!!. He tried to be helpful but couldn't diagnose the problem. I was traveling on business and needed very much to catch up on my work from the room. No go. The next morning the problem was not rectified, my calls to the front desk were responded to not with rudeness but with disinterest.
Add to the the excitement of being awakened by the sound of jackhammer from the room above (due to renovations) and you have the perfect mix.
I was supposed to stay 3 days, left after 1 and moved to the Ritz Carlton, which is clean, has working internet and has a 2 vacant floor policy between the rooms they are renovating and the ones that are occupied.
Thats more like!
I've noticed that the manager of the Windsor responds to these reviews. Don't bother with mine. I'm never coming back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Freak77
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Dear Freak 77,

I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconsistent service and trouble with the accommodations that you received during your most recent visit. In addition, please know that we are exerting the utmost effort to prevent our renovations from disturbing guests, and our deeply sorry that you were negatively affected.

We would greatly appreciate if we could communicate with you directly to ameliorate or resolve your concerns. Please feel free to email info@windsorcourthotel.com, and you will receive a personal reply.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

The hotel is a good location just off the busy French Quarter. The service was prompt, pleasant and thorough. Our room was large- with a small kitchen, living room and separated bedroom area. It also had a balcony. Unfortunately, the sliding door out to the balcony was so old I had to push with all my might to get it open. It looks as if they are slowly updating. Overall, it was a good experience though.

• Stayed: September 2011
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Dear barbied1,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court for your most recent visit to New Orleans. I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was positive, and that the location and staff provided you with an overall satisfying trip.

Please know that we are addressing the shortcomings of our accommodations in our current renovation. I hope that you return to the Windsor Court on your next visit to experience the updated rooms, and that you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever you visit New Orleans.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Sadly, The Windsor Court has seen better days. We had fond memories of staying there when it was considered New Orleans' finest hotel. Recently, we book a room to celebrate a special occasion and found a highly-priced, run-down property. We had to look at five suites before we found one where the upholstered furniture was not stained or ripped, the carpet was not soiled, the refrigerator wasn't dripping water, or the balcony wasn't littered with cigarette butts. We settled, only because the bellman was friendly and apologetic but at $300 - $350 a night we should have turned around and walked out. My husband sent a letter to the management when we returned home, but it has been a month and we've never received an answer. With New Orleans coming back from Katrina, there are plenty of other places to spend your money. Don't leave it at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear fairtravels,

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to New Orleans. I offer my sincerest apologies that the quality of the rooms and the value did not live up to your expectations. Please know that we are addressing the shortcomings of the rooms during our renovation process. This renovation, along with our continual dedication to exceptional service, will return the hotel to its former grandeur.

We hope that you reconsider and take the opportunity to visit the Windsor Court whenever your plans next bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed at the Windsor Court for 3 nights during our first, but definitely not last visit to New Orleans. We were originally booked in a standard room but were upgraded to a renovated Club Level room (Thank you Windsor Court Management!!!) due to ongoing renovations in the hotel. I was very nervous about the room we would have gotten based on all the reviews saying how worn the older rooms were but our room was so brand spankin’ new that it still had that new carpet smell. The room was not huge but tastefully decorated with very comfortable beds and a large marble bathroom. I do hope once the rest of the hotel is upgraded, the prices won’t go up because although our room was lovely, I absolutely do not think it is worth the amount they are charging. In addition, I found out after my stay that there is complementary breakfast and hors d’oeuvres for club level guests, which I would have taken advantage of had known about it, but since I wasn’t actually paying for club level I’m not that upset about it.
Another key factor is the terrific location of this property. It is only a 5 minute stroll to the French quarter in a clean, quiet spot. It was so wonderful to be able to enjoy peace and quiet at night after leaving the non-stop party of Bourbon Street.

Some of the things I loved:
1) Amazing staff: Especially the concierge (Adam) - very helpful and patient. The doormen and bell-hops were also great, getting you a taxi in the blink of an eye and welcoming you back every time you walked through the doors.
2) Renovated room was great – I hope this hotel finishes their renovations quickly so others can enjoy it (and stop writing negative things about the older rooms to bring down the rating).
3) Marble shower was an awesome touch – There was no guard or delineation between shower and the rest of the bathroom so water splashed on the floor but I liked it anyway.
4) Lovely bar / lounge on the 2nd floor with a grand atmosphere and live jazz music!
5) Nice relaxing pool area (Just wish there were drinks served at the pool – though you can get one at the bar and bring it up – A couple saw me grab a nice glass of wine to enjoy while reading by the pool and went to do the same).
6) Absolutely delicious fresh made New Orleans Pralines left on your bedside table during turndown service in the evening.

I think my review would have been very different if I didn’t get to stay in the renovated room, but I’m sure the upgrades will be done soon and then staying here will be great. I did hear some banging but it wasn’t a major problem and will obviously not be going on forever. The only surprise we encountered was that we could hear the people next door talking so the walls must be fairly thin, but again, not a deal-breaker.
If a 4.5 star rating existed, I would have used it for this hotel, deducting half a point for not being told about the club level benefits, the high price for the renovated rooms and thin walls, but I’m going to round up to a 5 star rating based on my overall enjoyable stay, great staff and nice, clean room.
P.S. While staying in New Orleans, you MUST go to Commander’s Palace and take a swamp tour!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear NYCjetsetter-girl,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your first visit to New Orleans. I am pleased to hear that you had positive experiences with our staff, specifically Adam, the renovated accommodations and our Polo Club Lounge.

I apologize for you not being made aware of the Club Level benefits, and will personally address this internally.