“Old World Elegance New World Ambience”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Four day trip to NOLA with five gilfriends. We took three full suites. The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the staff are truly helpful and attentive. I don't think I ever opened a door for myself. The full suites had a separate living room, bar area, balcony overlooking the city or the Mississippi, the bedrooms were spacious with comfortable queen beds, marble bathrooms with separate makeup and dressing room. We had cocktails in the bar each evening and it's dark and luxurious and the drinks were generous. The beds were heaven, truly one of the most comfortable I've slept in, including my own! There are renovations going on right now so the pool area was closed although they'll send you to the W or Loew's. The noise level of the construction didn't bother me but it irritated my friends in the other two rooms.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaliforniaGirl500
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear CaliforniaGirl500,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your most recent visit to New Orleans with your girlfriends. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the comfort of the suites, our staff and the Polo Club Lounge. We take pride in offering the highest level of accommodations and personalized service.

I apologize to your friends for the disturbance they encountered due to the renovations. We are making every attempt to minimize the interruption to our guests, and I am sorry that we were not successful in this endeavor.

It is wonderful to know that you would stay at the Windsor Court again. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Windsor Court on business and it was fairly close to the convention center, and directly across the street from the casino. The rooms were a little bit outdated, but very spacious and clean. My hair dryer broke on the 2nd day, and the tv remote in the living room didn't work, but minor inconveniences that were easily overlooked. The staff were all friendly and welcoming, and we ate a nice breakfast in the restaurant on the premises. The only reason I gave this hotel a 3 rating is because of the annoying jackhammers and ongoing power tools throughout my stay. The first day I experienced it at noon, and again at 3pm- so I chose to relax by the pool instead (which was closed halfway during my stay for renovations).

The most disappointing day of my stay was the last day where I was actually able to sleep in, but was awoken by hammers right above my head at 8:30 in the am. I understand the hotel is under renovation, but I emailed the concierge ahead of time who explained that the only inconvenience would be the closed pool. I also called the front desk to complain about the hammers and they said they would try to do something about it, but it went on for at least another hour so needless to say, one cannot sleep through such a disturbance. I would not recommend staying at this hotel for a leisure vacation if you want to be interrupted by power tools during your stay. I'm sure everything will go back to normal after the renovations, but I don't think the Windsor Court should knowingly book rooms near the renovation process.

One other note is that when I was reviewing my bill, there was a $200 bar bill from the Polo Lounge. Seeing as though I never stepped foot in the place, the staff researched the issue and it turned out to be an error. I completely understand that mistakes happen, but just a reminder to all of those traveling to review your final bill carefully to make sure all of the charges are accurate.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank shamrockcb

Dear shamrockcb,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court on your most recent visit to New Orleans. I am pleased to hear that you found the accommodations suitable for your needs, and that the staff provided you with a welcoming stay.

I want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered relating to the renovations. We are exerting our utmost effort to prevent the renovation process from disturbing our guests, and I am sorry that we did not adequately do this for your stay.

We strive to provide the highest level of service and accommodations, and appreciate your feedback on this matter. We hope that you choose to visit us to experience the restored Windsor Court on your next stay in New Orleans.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here for a long weekend and were quite pleased with the hotel, it's staff and the service they provided. We had a refurbished suite so some of the comments about dated or worn rooms didn't apply. Will comment though that the refurb seemed inconsistent in some of it's execution. We did encounter some issues in service, however, where they occurred staff was unfailingly polite as they took our input and corrected them.Staff was helpful in helping us plan our activities and recommendations seemed thorough and complete. Pastries are to die for! Hotel Manager provided free champagne and card to help us celebrate (reason for trip) which was greatly appreciated. Afternoon tea service was very good (pastries again!). Grill Room dinner was good but not great.

Would definately stay again

• Stayed: October 2011
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Dear Swmag,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your most recent stay in New Orleans. I am pleased to hear that, overall, you were satisfied with your stay and especially appreciate the praise for our staff. I apologize for the inconsistencies in service and will address these issues internally.

We aim to give our guests the highest level of service, and your feedback allows us to continually make improvements. Thank you for your patronage, and we hope you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever you are in New Orleans.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I passed by the striking motor court several years ago on my first visit to New Orleans and stopped in for breakfast. I knew this would be my choice on my next visit, which happened to be last week. My recent visit was in a refurbished room which was very comfortable and full of designer appointments. My wife and I thought their food was special for breakfast, afternoon tea, sunday jazz brunch, and dinner one night. If you are there in September through November, take in the wednesday night harvest event at a close by park. Irma Thomas was on stage that night. Thank goodness for Itunes. We ate at Commander's Palace, having been familiar with their Las Vegas location before it closed. The proprietor and her restaurant oozed that special something that New Orleans is famous for. Of course a generous pour of bourbon enhanced our experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear butravel,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court for your recent visit to New Orleans. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the accommodations, amenities and dining throughout your stay. We strive to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests, and appreciate your positive feedback.

We hope that you will make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very disappointed ...Hair dryer didnt work so they brought another and then when that didnt work it was determined that the outlets in bathroom area were not working. i was runnign very late and had to go down to fitness center to dry my hair. I was told I could change rooms - to come and get the key and move my bags. When I suggested they move my bags as I was already very late for a business dinner they looked at me like I was crazy. The next morning, in my new room, I was awoken by a jack hammer - they moved me right next to a construction area. And again the dryer didnt work and this room also had no working outlets in the bathroom - also makeup mirror hanging off the wall. The coffee maker also didnt wokr and had to be replaced. They finally fixed the outlet issue. Forgot turndown service last two nights so we didnt get clean coffee cups or other coffee items. the workout equipment is rundown and rusty. TV has only local channels and limited cable stations. Room decor very outdated For a hotel in this category it was very diappointing - especially the apparent lack of concern from the staff. no call from a manager to see if issues were resolved - not even a cookie!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sherif_chicago
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear sherif_chicago,

I offer my sincerest apologies for the inconsistent service and trouble with the accommodations that you received during your most recent visit. Please know that we are addressing the shortcomings of our rooms in our renovation process. However, this does not excuse the service lapses, and we want you to know that we are addressing these internally.

We continually strive to provide a high level of service, and want you to know that these issues are not our norm. We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to give you the service and experience you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed here a few months back and I decided to share about my stay.

At first sight the room looked very nice. Until I walked into the kitchen, which was very dirty. The coffee seemed to be used when we got it because there was a used napkin and a used mug. No cream or sugar. (I had to call refill service 3 times before they came.) I walked into the bathroom and there was someone else's urine in the toilet! Talk about gross! Later on I had some leftovers that I wanted to reheat and they're was no microwave! So I had to go downstairs to get a plate because I didn't feel like waiting 3 hours for one. I heated it up in the oven and I had to use a towel to get it out because there were no oven mitts.(I also burnt myself.) The rooms look like they haven't been updated since the 1980's! The windows were filthy too! This hotel just isnt what it used to be!

Honestly. Ive had better stays in motel 6's for a 4th of the cost! If you want a hotel in this location, I would recommend the W next door!

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Mvl30
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear mvl30,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to New Orleans a few months ago. I offer my sincerest apologies that the quality of the rooms and the value did not meet your expectations. Please know that we are addressing the shortcomings of the rooms during our renovation process.

However, the lapse in service is inexcusable, and please know that I am handling it internally.

We hope that you reconsider and take the opportunity to experience the renovated Windsor Court whenever your plans next bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 28 September 2011

Windsor Court is a good choice for a stay in The Big Easy. The city is amazing and the hotel is extremely well located, in a quiet area close to the Casino and Riverwalk. French Quarter is a 10 minute walk and you are close to Canal Street where you can easily catch the tram to Garden District or Magazine Avenue shops.
The hotel has quite an standard façade but the interiors are truly boutique, elegantly decorated with and english twist. We were staying in a Club Guest Room. The Club floors have been recently refurbished and look great. You can acces the Club Lounge. The views over the Mississipi are amazing, sunrise over the river a real treat. Service is very good. All staff members were friendly and effective. We did not try it but The Grill offer fine food options. There is an outdoor pool in the second floor though is quite small and only does get sun for a couple of hours.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OutkastBCN
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear OutkastBCN,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent visit to New Orleans. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with the location, the accommodations, the Club Lounge and our staff. We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests.

We hope that you will make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans.