“Genuinely nice”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was the best hotel experience I have ever enjoyed.
Every employee was pleasant and helpful, and the management is obviously highly competent. I emailed the hotel ahead of our stay to request a specific room, and Lauren Schug Wilson, the Customer Experience Manager, answered within 10 minutes.
The room was exactly what we had wanted, a high floor suite with a balcony and a spectacular river view. I had also mentioned we were there to celebrate our 35th anniversary, and awaiting us in our room was a complimentary chilled bottle of champagne and a congratulations letter from the hotel manager. Wonderful.
My wife wished there was a refrigerator and microwave in our room, but I didn't miss them. One night I called room service for ice (no ice machines) and it arrived within 60 seconds! I was so amazed I gave the guy a very good tip, and he said "Oh thank you so much, you made my day". That made my day.
Even the gentleman at the front desk mentioned our 35th when I checked out. Amazing to me to be treated so well- it put the icing on the cake for our first trip to this awesome city.
Two improvements I might suggest on my wife's behalf (after all it was our anniversary) is to 1) provide some means of making morning tea in the room. I loved the Keurig coffee maker, but my wife is a tea drinker, and there was no way to heat water in the room.
2) Provide some instruction on the high tech TVs- they are more like computers, after all.
Bottom line, though, you should stay here! This hotel deserves the accolades you read on the internet. And thank you all at the Windsor Court for the kind attention you showed us.

Room Tip: Our full suite on the 17th floor had 2 private balconies overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Dear Oatka,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your 35th anniversary visit to New Orleans. We are honored that you chose to spend such a momentous occasion with us.

I am delighted that you had a positive experience at our hotel, and I am especially glad that the accommodations and service met your expectations. We strive to provide the highest level of personalized attention and I am pleased that this made your stay special.

We greatly appreciate your candid feedback and suggestions. We hope to welcome you back to the Windsor Court whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very well kept, great service and attention to detail. Great location. I'll be back with my better half to enjoy a long weekend soon.

Dear soundslikeseattle,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your recent business trip to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and I am glad you had positive experiences with the staff and location. We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort, and I am pleased the your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your "better half" soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Our stay at the Windsor Court was exceptional. Our suite was beautiful, the beds very comfortable, and the staff extremely helpful. Every employee is trained well. The valet even had bottled water waiting in the car for us for our journey home. We would highly recommend this centrally located hotel and will be staying there the next time we are in New Orleans.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Steven P,

Thank you for selecting the Windsor Court for your most recent visit to New Orleans.

I am delighted to hear that you had a positive experience, and that you were pleased with the accommodations, the staff and the location. We strive to provide our guests with the highest level of comfort and service, and we are glad that your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We all know that if you are in New Orleans proper, only the Garden District really seems “clean,” and much of the attraction ties to the history and traditions. Windsor Court as a hotel is a model of New Orleans with its classic decorations and design, maintaining the allure of the past. This is not a modern property by any stretch and visitors should appreciate his/her/their taste if selecting this property.

The afternoon tea is one of the most beautiful and serene activities in the city, and a perfect close to a vacation of indulgence. Like the pleasant and attentive, yet maintaining the distance appropriate for private conversation, staff of the tea service, the entire hotel’s staff truly provides a harkening to bygone days where staffs were friendly but aloof enough not to share life stories with guests. I really like it overall and suggest you stay at least once.

1  Thank Kaiser_D
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Kaiser_D,

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you found the Windsor Court a true model of classic New Orleans gentility - especially in regard to our afternoon tea tradition. We strive to provide exceptional comfort and service, and I am glad we met your expectations.

We hope that you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Expensive but worth it. One of a kind in New Orleans. Stay here if you can afford it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear marcelproustnyc,

I am glad that you had a pleasant stay, and enjoyed hearing that you find the experience "one of a kind." We strive to provide exceptional service, comfort and hospitality and I am pleased that we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Just a block off Canal, you can avoid all the noise, squalor and hype. A world-class hotel with every necessary amenity. The upstairs bar is a wonderful place to rest after a long day, and breakfast is a delight.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BuffCrone

Dear BuffCrone,

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that the location, amenities, Polo Club Lounge and breakfast service met your expectations.

We hope you make the Windsor Court your hotel of choice whenever your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

This was my second time staying at the Windsor but the first since the room renovations have been completed. I continue to be impressed by the layout of the rooms. I had a one room suite with a bar area, living and dining area, and a separate bedroom. There is also a dressing area, another sink/washing area, and a separate shower/commode area. The overall impression one gets is of an elegant one bedroom apartment (although there is no kitchen). The roominess feels delightful and makes going back to a standard hotel room somewhere else a difficult adjustment. The new furnishings fit in perfectly with the old world elegance of the interiors. The staff was very courteous and low-key. Wifi was free although slightly slow. Like many high-end hotels, there were no ice machines for the guests (a minor annoyance) but ice was freely provided by housekeeping. The turn-down service provided delicious pralines every other night (alternating with chocolates).

2  Thank CincinnatiKid97

Dear CincinnatiKid97,

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and that you were particularly pleased with the layout of the room, the accommodations and the new furnishings. We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort, and I am glad that your expectations were met.