“Update of last year's review”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Texas
“Update of last year's review”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I reviewed Windsor Court a few months ago. The renovations I mentioned last time have been completed. We had a suite that was 800 square feet and brand new. The bedroom and living room were divided by beautiful glass French doors. The bathroom was marble and there were 2 vanities and everything was new. There was a small wet bar with a mini bar. The 2 TVs were large HDTVs with a good selection of stations. It drives me crazy when a nice hotel charges for WiFi but the WiFi at Windsor Court is free. I think this was the finest suite we have had in Europe, South America, Asia or North America. Windsor Court is my favorite hotel in not only NOLA but the US and yes the roses in the lobby are real. Great hotel, great staff and great city. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The hotel is about 22 stories high. You have a choice for a view of the Mississippi River or downtow...
2 Thank TexasWD
, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear TexasWD,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review on the hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoy the renovations and that Windsor Court is your favorite in the city. We appreciate your loyalty and patronage and look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Windsor Court Hotel was a perfect choice for our recent weekend visit to NOLA. We were greeted with grace and efficiency by the "check in" staff which set the tone for the rest of our delightful stay at this first class property. Everything was divine in our beautiful suite which had received a lovely refresh since our last visit there. If it weren't for the myriad of things on offer in the city itself we probably wouldn't have left the property at all! We will always return to WC when in New Orleans.

2 Thank Jane W H
, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Jane W H,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. We appreciate you sharing your experience and are happy to hear we provided you with a memorable stay. Thank you for your patronage - we look forward to seeing you back here with us again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the last weekend of Jazz Fest. I can't say enough about this hotel, the staff was super graciuos and accommodating. We felt like we were waited on hand & foot. Will stay here again in a heartbeat.
Not far at all form the Quarter, but far enough to avoid the crowds & noise.
The exterior may look dated but the interior is stunning.
Expensive but worth it!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorleafa
Dear Lorleafa,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Windsor Court over Jazz Fest. What an exciting time to be in the city! I'm happy to hear that our staff provided you with such a wonderful experience and that you were able to enjoy all facets of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon!
Fulton, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Beautiful hotel, very helpful staff, upgraded to beautiful suite. Furniture and design of suite was stunning. Hotel was very quiet and peaceful. A little further from the French Quarter than I thought but not a bad walk. Very elegant. We plan on staying there everytime we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room above the 8th floor for a better view.
1 Thank CGBCPA
Dear CGBCPA,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to New Orleans and the Windsor Court Hotel soon!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I recently spent 4 days at the Windsor Court to celebrate the upcoming marriage of my son. I was actually invited by my soon to be daughter-in-law to join in the fun of her bachelorette party. We had a wonderful experience in New Orleans, but especially in this beautiful, historic and elegant hotel. Upon arrival, I knew we would be safe and well attended to by the caring staff. The hotel is nestled in a quiet, off the beaten path, part of the city. It is secure, almost gated, and has 24 hour doormen. We always felt safe. As women traveling alone, I appreciated this added feeling of security. Our rooms, (one suite with an adjoining double queen plus an additional double queen) were beautifully appointed, clean and very spacious. It was truly a pleasure being in the room. We had coffee K-cups in the room, so that was a plus for those of us who needed a little jolt of caffeine to keep up with the younger girls!!! We had a kitchenette in the suite and even had a refrigerator brought to our room! Every request was met immediately and the service was wonderful. The nightly turn-down included delicious pralines......you know how women LOVE our sugar!!!! The beds were oh, so comfortable and since I usually take my pillow everywhere I go, I actually wrote down the name of the pillow I slept on because it was so comfortable. I am ordering two for my own home! I'm telling you, we all got a very comfortable night's sleep. A real plus when you're away from home! Although we did not take advantage of the pool while we were there (due to weather) we did go look at it our last day. We were so impressed with how beautiful this area was and how sunny, private and inviting. The gym and spa were also on this floor and they two were most impressive. Other ammendities on site include a wonderful restuarant and a full service bar. I was very pleased with the Windsor Court. I will definately go back to this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank katiebeth
Dear katiebeth,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review for your recent visit to New Orleans. We are so happy Windsor Court was able to be part of such a special occasion and that we were able to provide the secure, fun and relaxing atmosphere you were looking for.

Congratulations to you and your family! We look forward to welcoming you back to help you celebrate another momentous occasion!
Toronto
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I spent several nights here in May - my room was unbelievable and luxurious, with a view of the water, and a short walk to all the tourist sights in NOLA. The food was delicious, and the meeting rooms wonderful, particularly the top floor patio. I also liked the exercise room and the top of the line equipment, although a bit more room would be nice. Well done Windsor Court!

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra space, I wish i'd had more time to enjoy mine!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cdngirl_68
Dear Cdngirl_68,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you were able to take full advantage of all that Windsor Court has to offer for business travelers or for those who are here for a meeting. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court sometime soon!
birmingham
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I'm lucky enough to spent about 4 weeks a year in New Orleans. I just returned from a six night stay at the Windsor and it was perfect. The room was enormous, the staff professional and yet friendly and the entertainment a real plus. I spent my first afternoon at the new spa and found it to be one of the better spa's in New Orleans. The Windsor is within walking distance to the French Quarter and the World War II museum yet far enough that the area is relatively quite. Today I booked my December trip at the Windsor Court.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank dennis248
Dear dennis248,

We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience our brand new spa! We appreciate all your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay in December!