“Great location- Charming Hotel”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
London
“Great location- Charming Hotel”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for years as I had heard great things about it. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and elegantly decorated. The hotel is in a great location- easy to walk into the French Quarter or down to the river. There is a lovely bar with great live music at night. I was disappointed by the cleanliness of the rooms- to me the room needed a better clean I also found someones dirty socks just under edge of the bed! Would I stay again - yes but I would book well in advance to try and secure a good room rate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear LondonGipsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that, overall, you had a lovely stay and that our location met your needs for exploring the city. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Finnish first
Chicago
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights - French Quarter Fest on the weekend with business in town for me on Friday and Monday. Ala carte services are very pricey, but that can be expected in a hotel like this ($40 a night parking and $12 for 2 ice teas with tip). The hotel entrance is tucked away and seems "hidden" amid this very active area. The decor was not quite our style but can be appreciated for what the hotel is trying to be - a reminder of European luxury hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear JohnFromChicago,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear we provided you with the private yet convenient locale for your business and pleasure needs while in the city. Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a beautiful, sophisticated hotel that offers the New Orleans traveler a respite from the bustle of the French Quarter but it's only 2 blocks away. The decor is grand and English, with large oil paintings, a high tea and other fine details, but it's not stuffy. There is attention to comfort throughout. We had delicious breakfasts, and pre-dinner drinks in the wood paneled club bar while a live jazz trio played (horns and all)...very swanky and fun.This hotel deserves 5 stars but I'd take a coule of points off for their maid service. One day they didn't clean our room or our friends room (both corner suites). We were gone all day and late in the afternoon had to call to have them cleaned. Ours got cleaned that evening but our friends still didn't and at midnight they had to request fresh towels. A hotel of this caliber should rectifiy this.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe king but were upgraded to a 12th floor corner king suite. It was devine. Felt lik...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VDtravels
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear VDtravels,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our accommodations, but that you were able to take advantage of our award-winning restaurant and lively bar. We appreciate your feedback and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booked this hotel for my father in law and his wife.They are from Vancouver and very Canadian British in taste (my father in law is a major) in the royal canadian army).They loved this hotel! The rooms are suites (decorated in British style) with balconies.They like their space and they had plenty of it.The two of them live in a 6000 square foot home(by themselves) and they felt at home here.Spent many hours visiting them here.We felt like family.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear ColesDad1,

Thank you for posting feedback about your family's stay with us. I am so pleased to hear they found our accommodations and service to be exactly what you were looking for and that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you and your family back here with us again soon!
phoenix
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed 3 nights as a couple for a business enagement in N.O. and would definitely come back! The room was spacious with a separate sitting area and french doors that opened into a large bedroom. Marble bathroom, high thread-count sheets, turn-down service: all of my favorites.
The location is superb and the accomodations were luxurious, but it wasn't overdone and pretentious. This could have been a stuffy hotel because of the upscale nature, replete with pink roses and french influence decor, but the service was warm and down-home southern politeness to the core. Jason who brought me breakfast was the face of New Orleans itself: polite, well versed in etiquette but in true southern style had a personality and a smile that brought sunshine to my day. Food was flavorful and consistent. We attended a dinner party with a larger crowd that was same quality as my individually prepared meal. Concierge was great and staff bent over backwards to get us a taxi during French Quarter Fest when the streets were closed. This was a pleasant surprise and was well worth the money! Hotel and staff created a sanctuary for us during our stay!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear racine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our accommodations, service and location exceeded your expectations and that you had a successful meeting and memorable stay in New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay soon!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I lived in NO before, and we used to go to dinner at the Grill Room. This time, we came back and stayed at Windsor Court. What a great hotel! It is not a brand new hotel, but they scrubbed and kept it up so well, and it doesn't show age. The rooms are mostly suites, and it had enough room to spread around for family of four. Double sink with a makeup area was an added bonus for me and my daughter. We received upgrade to the club level with American Express, and it was a treat to go there every morning and afternoon. My kids loved this experience as much as the city itself. The service was impeccable. We called for the car and came down to the lobby, and the car was already there with attendants ready to hand us bottles of water. I noticed that there is "another" 5 star hotel in New Orleans now, but I am staying at Windsor Court again next time we come around.

Room Tip: Club level is definitely worth it. Beautiful food presentation all day, and generous wine service.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear alshin,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay in New Orleans and at the Windsor Court. We appreciate your kind recommendation and are so happy to hear you and your family had a memorable and enjoyable experience with us. Thank you for your continued patronage over the years. We look forward to welcoming you back here with us for years to come!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Went there to celebrate a special birthday. The hotel made it special in everyway. Had a bottle of champagne from the manager. Received a personalized card at dinner. Everywhere we went, it was acknowledged. The service was fabulous. The rooms were serviced 2X/day and they did a great job. Had Keurig coffee maker in the room with tea/honey/coffee. I loved everything about this hotel. It made my birthday very special. Expensive-but worth the pampering.

Room Tip: We had a room with 2 queen beds in the center. Loved it. It was quiet and a decent view. I am sure a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear EKS0577,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear we provided you with a memorable birthday celebration! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another special stay sometime soon!