“Just perfect, what a luxury stay should be like”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

After staying a night at the Westin in NO (yuck!), it was such a pleasure to walk in to the Windsor. We were greeted several times and helped to the front desk. It felt like they knew us as returning guests. The lobby was beautifully decorated with amazing art. Our room on the 16th floor had two small balconies and was sparkling clean. The details of things like the nice furniture and great tile work in the bathroom caught my eye. Great and spacious room for the same rate we paid the night before at the other hotel. The pool was warm and bartender very friendly. What a great place to stay. If you are on a budget, this well worth a little splurge for a night or two. Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Tessmerp,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and met your needs to provide you with the perfect stay. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to create a memorable rest of your stay in New Orleans and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel April 5-10 during the Final Four Women's NCAA basketball tournament. We enjoyed the club level and had delicious coffee and breakfast overlooking the "Mighty Mississippi". From 2:00 - 5:00 tea, coffee, and delicious cookies were available. From 5:00 to 7:00 we could enjoy cocktails, wine or champagne. Our suite was clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel was convenient to the quarter and downtown New Orleans. I especially appreciated the fact that I forgot to empty a whole drawer full of clothing. When I returned home and realized I was missing clothing some three weeks later, the hotel sent my clothing by priorty mail. Thank you for wonderful service.

Room Tip: Our city view suite was lovely, However, we did hear a lot of sirens during the night.

Dear Kathey B,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay to our hotel. I am so happy to hear we provided you with such a fantastic stay during your Final Four experience and that we were able to recover your forgotten clothing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay in New Orleans!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for years as I had heard great things about it. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and elegantly decorated. The hotel is in a great location- easy to walk into the French Quarter or down to the river. There is a lovely bar with great live music at night. I was disappointed by the cleanliness of the rooms- to me the room needed a better clean I also found someones dirty socks just under edge of the bed! Would I stay again - yes but I would book well in advance to try and secure a good room rate.

Dear LondonGipsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that, overall, you had a lovely stay and that our location met your needs for exploring the city. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights - French Quarter Fest on the weekend with business in town for me on Friday and Monday. Ala carte services are very pricey, but that can be expected in a hotel like this ($40 a night parking and $12 for 2 ice teas with tip). The hotel entrance is tucked away and seems "hidden" amid this very active area. The decor was not quite our style but can be appreciated for what the hotel is trying to be - a reminder of European luxury hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear JohnFromChicago,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear we provided you with the private yet convenient locale for your business and pleasure needs while in the city. Thank you for choosing the Windsor Court. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a beautiful, sophisticated hotel that offers the New Orleans traveler a respite from the bustle of the French Quarter but it's only 2 blocks away. The decor is grand and English, with large oil paintings, a high tea and other fine details, but it's not stuffy. There is attention to comfort throughout. We had delicious breakfasts, and pre-dinner drinks in the wood paneled club bar while a live jazz trio played (horns and all)...very swanky and fun.This hotel deserves 5 stars but I'd take a coule of points off for their maid service. One day they didn't clean our room or our friends room (both corner suites). We were gone all day and late in the afternoon had to call to have them cleaned. Ours got cleaned that evening but our friends still didn't and at midnight they had to request fresh towels. A hotel of this caliber should rectifiy this.

Room Tip: We booked a deluxe king but were upgraded to a 12th floor corner king suite. It was devine. Felt lik...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ValerieDEtravels
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Dear VDtravels,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed our accommodations, but that you were able to take advantage of our award-winning restaurant and lively bar. We appreciate your feedback and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Booked this hotel for my father in law and his wife.They are from Vancouver and very Canadian British in taste (my father in law is a major) in the royal canadian army).They loved this hotel! The rooms are suites (decorated in British style) with balconies.They like their space and they had plenty of it.The two of them live in a 6000 square foot home(by themselves) and they felt at home here.Spent many hours visiting them here.We felt like family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Dear ColesDad1,

Thank you for posting feedback about your family's stay with us. I am so pleased to hear they found our accommodations and service to be exactly what you were looking for and that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you and your family back here with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed 3 nights as a couple for a business enagement in N.O. and would definitely come back! The room was spacious with a separate sitting area and french doors that opened into a large bedroom. Marble bathroom, high thread-count sheets, turn-down service: all of my favorites.
The location is superb and the accomodations were luxurious, but it wasn't overdone and pretentious. This could have been a stuffy hotel because of the upscale nature, replete with pink roses and french influence decor, but the service was warm and down-home southern politeness to the core. Jason who brought me breakfast was the face of New Orleans itself: polite, well versed in etiquette but in true southern style had a personality and a smile that brought sunshine to my day. Food was flavorful and consistent. We attended a dinner party with a larger crowd that was same quality as my individually prepared meal. Concierge was great and staff bent over backwards to get us a taxi during French Quarter Fest when the streets were closed. This was a pleasant surprise and was well worth the money! Hotel and staff created a sanctuary for us during our stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear racine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that our accommodations, service and location exceeded your expectations and that you had a successful meeting and memorable stay in New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay soon!