“Truly a Wonderful Experience”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I recently stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel and can't say enough good things about it. I've been coming to New Orleans for many years now and each time I've always stayed at various hotels because I have yet to find one that I've really enjoyed staying at.

The Windsor Court Hotel has been an entirely different experience altogether. The hotel is clean, well designed, and beautifully decorated. Not ostentatious, but still very classy. The customer service was also amazing. From the valets to housekeeping to the front desk, everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.

About the rooms... I was in a suite and was very happy with my room. The bedroom was separated by French doors and had its own balcony. The living area was spacious and bright, and even included a little kitchenette.

Room service was so-so, although I can't say I've ever been to a hotel that had phenomenal room service food.

All around, just a wonderful experience. I do plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MariaLuvsNOLA
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear MariaLuvsNOLA,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. It makes me so happy to hear that after trying various hotels in the city, that you have found one that you will try more than once! Your recommendation and patronage are truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful experience!

There are newer reviews for Windsor Court Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stay at this hotel for 2 days in May. Here are the pros: I think each room is a suite consisting of the living room, bedroom, separate bathroom, and powder room. So you get a lot of square footage for the price. Hotel had a pool which is a plus for me although the weather was too cold to test it. I used the fitness center and it was well stocked with equipment. Tried to eat at a restaurant but they were full. Had dinner at the bar one day. The bar had live music and I believe there was also live music in the lobby. Prices for food were high but that is to be expected. Location of the hotel is excellent, right across the street from the casion and close to the Quarter. An excellent but expensive restaurant called August is located right next to the hotel.

Now the cons. Most hotels in NOLA are old and I personally do not like old hotels. This hotel is located inside a high rise building that looks like a residential appartment building. The exterior does not look that old but the room was. Scratches from luggage on the walls, old carpet etc. The room definitely needed some sprucing up. Also the room was on fifth floor and you were basically looking out at a roof so if you want a better view get a room that is higher than the fifth floor.

Would I recommend this hotel and would I stay there again? Probably. I was told that this is one of the top 3 hotels in NOLA together with Ritz and Roosevelt. I have not stayed at those hotels so I cannot comment. Overall I would be willing to give this hotel another try in the hopes of getting a room in a better condition.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jason M,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that, overall, you had a pleasant stay; however, I am disappointed to hear you were not satisfied with the room amenities. We completed a multi-million dollar renovation last year to all of our accommodations, so I will certainly take a look at the room you were in to see if some freshening up needs to occur. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

If u are going to be at the convention center and want the best hotel this is it! Not cheap by NOLA rates but a great bargain by almost any other city. Close to the convention center and the quarter. Beautiful lobby and rooms. Great bar and restaurant. All in all, this is the Plaza in NOLA.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear DrJimmy84,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear our location provided you with central access to all your business and leisure needs while in New Orleans. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The Polo Lounge in the Windsor Court is quiet, elegant and serves top notch cocktails. The bartenders make perfect conventional and unique cocktails. All employees are friendly but not too casual. Extensive wine choices. Adjoins the famous hotel restaurant which allows for excellent bar food. Sophisticated adult cocktail lounge located in a 5-Stars hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear martinibill7777,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent visit to the Polo Club Lounge. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience from the service, to the atmosphere, to our extensive list of wine and spirits. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

After staying a night at the Westin in NO (yuck!), it was such a pleasure to walk in to the Windsor. We were greeted several times and helped to the front desk. It felt like they knew us as returning guests. The lobby was beautifully decorated with amazing art. Our room on the 16th floor had two small balconies and was sparkling clean. The details of things like the nice furniture and great tile work in the bathroom caught my eye. Great and spacious room for the same rate we paid the night before at the other hotel. The pool was warm and bartender very friendly. What a great place to stay. If you are on a budget, this well worth a little splurge for a night or two. Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Tessmerp,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and met your needs to provide you with the perfect stay. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to create a memorable rest of your stay in New Orleans and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel April 5-10 during the Final Four Women's NCAA basketball tournament. We enjoyed the club level and had delicious coffee and breakfast overlooking the "Mighty Mississippi". From 2:00 - 5:00 tea, coffee, and delicious cookies were available. From 5:00 to 7:00 we could enjoy cocktails, wine or champagne. Our suite was clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel was convenient to the quarter and downtown New Orleans. I especially appreciated the fact that I forgot to empty a whole drawer full of clothing. When I returned home and realized I was missing clothing some three weeks later, the hotel sent my clothing by priorty mail. Thank you for wonderful service.

Room Tip: Our city view suite was lovely, However, we did hear a lot of sirens during the night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathey B,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay to our hotel. I am so happy to hear we provided you with such a fantastic stay during your Final Four experience and that we were able to recover your forgotten clothing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay in New Orleans!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I had wanted to stay at this hotel for years as I had heard great things about it. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and elegantly decorated. The hotel is in a great location- easy to walk into the French Quarter or down to the river. There is a lovely bar with great live music at night. I was disappointed by the cleanliness of the rooms- to me the room needed a better clean I also found someones dirty socks just under edge of the bed! Would I stay again - yes but I would book well in advance to try and secure a good room rate.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LondonGipsy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear that, overall, you had a lovely stay and that our location met your needs for exploring the city. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!