“But getting better I would give it above average, no regrets.”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Cleveland, Ohio
“But getting better I would give it above average, no regrets.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The lobby and courtyard are beautiful. The rooms still need a bit of updating but they are clean! Get the club floor, its awesome, great food, drinks and professional staff. Our room could use a paint job but the room had a balcony, which is a must for us. Next to the casino which was great for me. get some workers to keep going with paint, etc. Don't get me wrong it is nice, but the GM there should know what I mean..........I think they are doing it. I would go back.

Room Tip: upgrade to a club room floor, its worth it. Get one with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Misonix
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear Misonix,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and that you would come back; however, I am disappointed to see we did not live up your expectations and that you rated us only average. We most certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back so that we can provide you with the stay you expect and deserve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Finnish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Our four-night stay at Windsor Court was wonderful! We were very pleased with our junior suite located on the club level. Our room was comfortable, and we had plenty of space to spread out.

The upgrade to the club level was well worth it. We ate breakfast in the club lounge each day and found ourselves stopping by the lounge at least once each day to grab a drink or snack -- all complimentary. The club concierge was attentive and provided helpful information about exploring the Garden District.

The hotel is located in the Central Business District -- only a few minutes away from the hustle-and-bustle of Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, the casino, the aquarium, and countless restaurants, galleries, and shops. We love exploring cities on foot and found the Windsor Court to be a great home base.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club level -- access to the club lounge and guaranteeing a room on a high floor (abov...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful four-night stay on our Club Level and that you had a luxurious and comfortable stay throughout. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay soon!
new york, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I've travelled all over and this place is a home run. Upgraded to huge beautiful suite. It's the size of my first manhattan apartment. The service and staff and concierge are great. Beautiful breakfast delivered promptly each morning to our suite. Housekeeping staff does a great job.
Could go on and on! We have to leave to go back to New York tomorrow but don't want to leave!
Very convenient to walk all over as well.

Dear travelnut2009,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you deem us one of the best in the world. I will definitely share your praise with our staff. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back for another home run stay.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited New Orleans for a concert for my birthday. The Windsor Court was recommended to us by a business client of mine- the CEO of a publicly traded multi-billion dollar Company (he travels so much so I trusted his opinion)- and we were nothing more than thrilled with our stay and the service. Most importantly, however, the hotel staff is incredibly personable and understanding. The first night of our stay my fiancé and I went to the concert we were there to see. On our walk back from the concert (which was at the Saenger theater), we were walking down busy, well lit Canal Street between bourbon and royal, and a man approached us to ask for money. We told the man we had no cash on us, and he proceeded to pull out a knife, punch my fiancé in the face, tackled me, drug me across the ground, hitting my face against the curb and ripping my earring out of my ear trying to rob me. My fiancé got the knife out of his hand while he was on top of me and we were both thankfully able to walk away alive. A horrible, unlucky freak accident, but we were both so emotionally shaken up by the event that all we wanted to do was go back home. We called our airline and moved our flight up to depart the next day, and we asked the hotel staff if there was anything they could do to help us out about the unused night we would have on our reservation. The manager was so incredibly understanding that he waved the charge on our last night and gave us a voucher to have our last dinner in the hotel since we no longer felt safe walking around at night. The staff also gave us great first aid items to take care of our cuts and bruises. Truly an unfortunate freak accident (the hotel is in a very safe place far from where this incident occurred, we were just unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time after the concert), and if we ever make it back to New Orleans, we will never stay anywhere else. We will forever be thankful for this hotel, the incredible accommodations and the truly amazing staff they have. Book here if you want 5-star accommodations and a hotel staff that truly cares about its guests.

1 Thank T K
Dear T K,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so sorry to hear about the unfortunate run in you had. The hotel and the surrounding area is in an extremely safe and well-patrolled area so I am definitely taken aback by this isolated experience. I am happy to hear that our staff and the hotel was able to provide you with a comfortable and secure rest of your stay. We do hope you will have the opportunity to return for a much more peaceful visit.
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We booked this hotel through Amex Platinum and were very happy that we chose to stay here. We had a junior suite and it was more than enough for 2 people. The bed was super comfortable and that extra wash basin in the dressing area was such a nice touch. Service level was not only high but also consistent - from reception, concierge to restaurant, we were always greeted with warm welcomes and smiles. A la carte breakfast was sumptuous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sabrina C,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear our room size and high service level exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is an institution in our great city. Everything is world-class. Spectacular service. Attention to detail. They have great restaurants in there.

And the location is just ideal. You're right next to downtown & the French Quarter. And Harrah's Casino is right across the street. . Which may be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Just a fine place to stay. It's not cheap. But no 4-5 star hotel is.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear localyokel1976,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves. With so many great hotels in the city, we love when we have the opportunity to welcome locals. We appreciate your patronage and your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Well-appointed large suites with excellent views of the Mississippi River. Comfortable beds, helpful staff, easy walking distance to attractions. Perfect place for celebrations! We had an amazing 15th wedding anniversary; the concierges and Grill Room staff made the day extra special. The club level rooms are worth the extra fee; beautiful culinary presentations and generous libations! A must stay when visiting NOLA!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear nlb714,

Thank you for writing about your recent Anniversary stay with us. I am so happy to hear you found us to be an oasis of luxury in New Orleans and that we provided you with an extra special experience. We are happy to have been part of your celebration and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon!