“An endless class act”

Ranked #7 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
San Francisco
“An endless class act”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Windor Court is not only beautiful, well located and charming, it is well run with professional staff and a can do attitude. Jonette Franks, the concierge on the club floor, is priceless! She arranged a limo pick up for me at 1 am in the morning, and had my half and half noted in my reservation as I had requested so that I could have REAL cream with my coffee upon waking up. She then greeted me the first morning when I came up to the club floor and helped me when my room key did not work. NOW that is SERVICE. AND, she was just so upbeat and professional that I wished I could have spent more time with her! She made my very short two night stay seem special. The other staff were equally as professional and my lovely one bedroom suite was over the top gorgeous.
A near perfect hotel experience. Thank You ALL at the WC, hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Club level room will always be my choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ellen K
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Ellen K,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that our professional staff, central location and beautiful suite combined to create a perfect hotel experience for you. In particular, I appreciate your commendation about Jonette. I have passed along your kind feedback to her as well as to others on our team. Thank you again for your comments and your support of the Windsor Court. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another great stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Finnish first
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Another lovely stay at the Windsor Court! New Orleans is such a fun destination, and staying at the Windsor Court just adds to the great experience. The Windsor Court is in a perfect location, within walking distance to the French Quarter and the redeveloping area along Julia Street with its galleries and trendy restaurants. The staff is professional, friendly, smart, and proud of their city. We had access this visit to the Concierge floor, and that truly made our stay. If you can possibly swing it, go for the Concierge floor access - you won't regret it with the breakfast buffet and food and drink available at regular times throughout the day. Combined with the lovely top-floor view of the Mississippi River and the surrounding area, the Concierge floor is a wonderful way to relax in between Crescent City activities. Add to all this the beautiful new bar downstairs and our fabulous suite, and you have the recipe for a perfect trip. Thank you, Windsor Court! We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: We loved being on the 22nd floor to have easy access to the Concierge floor amenities. There are onl...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Texas Family Travelers,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to hear that we continue to deliver a great experience for you. We appreciate your patronage over the years and appreciate your recommendation to others. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay!
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We loved the Windsor Court. We love to walk, and we knew we'd be eating quite a bit. It was a short walk to the French Quarter and to Bourbon Street. The hotel is lovely. When we arrived late and they didn't have a room with a king size bed that we had requested. The manager was called over discreetly and he asked us if they could put us in a junior suite for same price. We loved the room and the service we received. We felt safe at all times walking from the hotel. We even walked to the Garden District one day (about 2 miles each way) and felt very safe.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debialm
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Debialm,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you loved your stay and that our accommodations and location met all of your needs. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived here around 4pm on a Friday in early April. Thank heaven we hadGPS, this location is tucked away & we went by it twice before we saw the entry into the small courtyard! Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge to have a drink. The area was busy as a wedding shower was nearby. We were upgraded for our wait, which was nice. The suite was nice & we faced the river, which was really busy & frankly, noisy! Ships & barges blew their horns well into the evening, emergency sirens woke us around 3am., perhaps because its older, the doors aren't as tightly sealed!
It is nice but don't know if I'd stay here again due to the noise.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear kels1948,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay; however, I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the respite that you were looking for. We receive many a compliment about the tucked away courtyard that you mention as it brings a sense of calm amongst the busy streets; however, being in such a central location in this vibrant city still places us close to a lot of the action. Many guests do love the river side of the hotel for the water views, but the city side of the hotel faces a quieter street, so I do encourage you to give us another chance to place you in a different location within the hotel. I am confident we can find you a place of quiet enjoyment. Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed for conference with husband and two young children, 4 and 8, in a one-bedroom suite. Very spacious as I understand it was originally built to be condos. River view was beautiful and fun from 15th floor.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridaMomOrlando_FL
Dear FloridaMomOrlando_FL,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay and that your family could also enjoy themselves. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Boston
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Good space -nice sitting area with sofa, coffee table and reading chair with small side table. The bathroom has space to put down your toiletries and the shower quality is good. Bed is very comfortable. We didn't hear any neighbors or street traffic, just occasional whistles from the doormen calling taxis.
Minor problems that are common to most hotels were poor lighting for closet, dim bathroom lights, light over shower not working and broken hair dryer. Shelves are built into bottom of the closet for a safe so the closet didn't have enough height to hang long items without hitting the shelf.
The hotel and room were mostly clean except a hard to reach area of the bathroom mirror that looked like it hadn't been washed in a year. Also, the stairs going to the second floor restaurant were stained. These are items that we didn't expect in a quality hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank barely alive
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear barely alive,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had an enjoyable stay; however, I am sorry we did not meet your lighting requirements in your room and am also sorry to hear about the housekeeping items your encountered. Please know that these missteps are certainly not indicative of a Windsor Court experience and that I will address your concerns with our team immediately. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with others and we look forward to welcoming you back for the stay you expect and deserve.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Came for just a night to sample a little NOLA hospitality and this hotel did not fail! It's gorgeous - from the courtyard to the lobby with beautiful flowers to the staff and our room. My husband had booked this as a quick getaway after our son's wedding. Couldn't have been happier with his choice. Upon arrival, the front desk surprised is with an upgrade to a wonderful suite. We had a view of the river and lots of room. Loved the ladies' dressing area. The shampoo and body wash products were awesome. Will have some shipped to me! Staff was gracious and attentive. Bellman that brought our bag up went and got ice for me. Small thing, but very appreciated. Housekeeping made sure we had what we needed.

Will definitely come back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jillhou,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. What a wonderful way to relax and celebrate after your son's wedding. I'm so happy that our staff could provide you with the experience you were looking for. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!