“Wonderful hotel”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed the Windsor Court in midMarch with our daughters (9 and 11) and had a wonderful experience. When we asked to change rooms after one night, the staff bent over backward to switch our room, move our luggage, and ensure our satisfaction. The concierges were full of helpful suggestions, ideas, thoughts, and opinions. Everyone was upbeat and polite. I worried a bit about how the girls would feel since it is a stately hotel with a traditional feel. My worries were unfounded! The girls LOVED the pool (which was bigger than the others we could see from the rooftop!) and the room service. They were completely comfortable. It's also very close to anything they wanted to do - the insectarium, the aquarium, the French Quarter - and anything my husband wanted to do - music, people watching - after they went to bed. It's totally worth the money you'll spend!

Room Tip: Club level rooms mean complimentary breakfast, tea, happy hour, and dessert. All those are really h...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Kay W,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel and that our staff and amenities made your children feel comfortable as well. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

For pleasure and on business, with family (grandchildren included) or alone, the Windsor Court has always met or exceeded it's reputation as the finest accommodation in New Orleans and, indeed, one of the finest around the country. From elegant yet user friendly appointments from the courtyard through the lobby and common area, to the spacious rooms, it's easy to feel "at home." From arrival to departure, guests feel the warmth of a gracious staff who learn and call guests by name. If fine dining is important, there is no need to leave the premises: the Grill Room continues to live up to its reputation for excellent fare. And don't miss the Polo Room to unwind at the end of a busy day! I know this sounds like a "canned" endorsement. Trust me, it's not. I have expressed my frustration to management about blocked days and weekend minimums. To their credit, management has responded with class as space became available. But this comment is not to tarnish the reputation of the Windsor: rather, it is intended to say to your readers that I LOVE THIS PLACE and want to stay there every opportunity!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the majestic Mississippi River!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ed R,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your overall experience at the Windsor Court. We appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear we can meet your needs no matter the reason for traveling to New Orleans. I am sorry to hear about your frustrations in getting availability during some of our busy weekends, but I am happy to hear we have been able to resolve your challenges and hope we can continue to welcome you back to the hotel for many more years to come!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Beautiful hotel with excellent amenities and service. Conveniently located within walking distance of the French Quarter, Convention Center , Superdome, Aquarium. Very nicely decorated large room, pretty lobby with jazz music playing. We had a wonderful total experience and will definately return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear HamFam6414,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience and that our amenities, service and convenient location met all of your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Windor Court is not only beautiful, well located and charming, it is well run with professional staff and a can do attitude. Jonette Franks, the concierge on the club floor, is priceless! She arranged a limo pick up for me at 1 am in the morning, and had my half and half noted in my reservation as I had requested so that I could have REAL cream with my coffee upon waking up. She then greeted me the first morning when I came up to the club floor and helped me when my room key did not work. NOW that is SERVICE. AND, she was just so upbeat and professional that I wished I could have spent more time with her! She made my very short two night stay seem special. The other staff were equally as professional and my lovely one bedroom suite was over the top gorgeous.
A near perfect hotel experience. Thank You ALL at the WC, hope to return in the near future.

Room Tip: Club level room will always be my choice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ellen K
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Ellen K,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that our professional staff, central location and beautiful suite combined to create a perfect hotel experience for you. In particular, I appreciate your commendation about Jonette. I have passed along your kind feedback to her as well as to others on our team. Thank you again for your comments and your support of the Windsor Court. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another great stay!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Another lovely stay at the Windsor Court! New Orleans is such a fun destination, and staying at the Windsor Court just adds to the great experience. The Windsor Court is in a perfect location, within walking distance to the French Quarter and the redeveloping area along Julia Street with its galleries and trendy restaurants. The staff is professional, friendly, smart, and proud of their city. We had access this visit to the Concierge floor, and that truly made our stay. If you can possibly swing it, go for the Concierge floor access - you won't regret it with the breakfast buffet and food and drink available at regular times throughout the day. Combined with the lovely top-floor view of the Mississippi River and the surrounding area, the Concierge floor is a wonderful way to relax in between Crescent City activities. Add to all this the beautiful new bar downstairs and our fabulous suite, and you have the recipe for a perfect trip. Thank you, Windsor Court! We'll be back soon!

Room Tip: We loved being on the 22nd floor to have easy access to the Concierge floor amenities. There are onl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Texas Family Travelers,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to hear that we continue to deliver a great experience for you. We appreciate your patronage over the years and appreciate your recommendation to others. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We loved the Windsor Court. We love to walk, and we knew we'd be eating quite a bit. It was a short walk to the French Quarter and to Bourbon Street. The hotel is lovely. When we arrived late and they didn't have a room with a king size bed that we had requested. The manager was called over discreetly and he asked us if they could put us in a junior suite for same price. We loved the room and the service we received. We felt safe at all times walking from the hotel. We even walked to the Garden District one day (about 2 miles each way) and felt very safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debialm
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Debialm,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so pleased to hear you loved your stay and that our accommodations and location met all of your needs. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We arrived here around 4pm on a Friday in early April. Thank heaven we hadGPS, this location is tucked away & we went by it twice before we saw the entry into the small courtyard! Our room was not ready so we went to the lounge to have a drink. The area was busy as a wedding shower was nearby. We were upgraded for our wait, which was nice. The suite was nice & we faced the river, which was really busy & frankly, noisy! Ships & barges blew their horns well into the evening, emergency sirens woke us around 3am., perhaps because its older, the doors aren't as tightly sealed!
It is nice but don't know if I'd stay here again due to the noise.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear kels1948,

Thank you for writing about your recent trip to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am happy to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay; however, I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the respite that you were looking for. We receive many a compliment about the tucked away courtyard that you mention as it brings a sense of calm amongst the busy streets; however, being in such a central location in this vibrant city still places us close to a lot of the action. Many guests do love the river side of the hotel for the water views, but the city side of the hotel faces a quieter street, so I do encourage you to give us another chance to place you in a different location within the hotel. I am confident we can find you a place of quiet enjoyment. Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back!