“Treat yourself at the Windsor Court Hotel”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“Treat yourself at the Windsor Court Hotel”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a beautiful boutique hotel with a European feel. The staff are all courteous and professional and no detail is over looked. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. It is located in the center of downtown New Orlean close to everything. I highly recommend you treat yourself and spend some time in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Debby W
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Debby W,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that our central location, spacious accommodations and professional staff provided you with a most memorable experience. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Finnish first
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel because with everything going on In NOLA was booked up so I said let's stay on the Club floor in the WC! Oh boy was I happy ! This is the type of hotel we don't see in the USA much any more old world style, elegance, Class, Service and attention to detail ! The only door I touched was the door to my suite which was 2206. We were there 3 days and I did not see housekeeping at all but there work was evident with the quality of the cleanliness , the toiletries which even included mouth wash. When I called for something there was a knock at the door in seconds! I booked this trip through American Express Platinum travel service which included an upgrade, breakfast vouches and A $100 off Dinner voucher which I didn't use. We used the breakfast vouches that we enjoyed. No budget spending here but a great value for the money ! In which you need to bring plenty! My nickname for this hotel is Aladdin, your wish is their command! Especially on the club level the drinks were top rate, the food was top notch even the coffee and expresso was great. Along with the location close to the Quarter and with in walking distance of everything! I think her name is Denise she was the Hostess at the Club Lounge she was great, Welcoming,professional, friendly and warm many cudos to her! I swear every chance we had we had a glass of champagne which was of excellent quality. And the other times the pours of bourbon were generous, very generous..like at home :)! We had a drink at the bar in the lobby which were very good also. The bellman , the check in , the waiters and waitresses were all very nice and professional! I've stayed at some very nice World Class hotels I.e. Peninsular in Chicago, La Pavilion and Waldorf Astoria in NOLA , Trumps in Chicago and NYC and the very best the Hassler in Rome. And the Waldorf in Chicago. The WC gives the Hassler and the Waldorf it's run for the Money. If you can afford to stay here stay on the Club Floor you will not be disappointed. The WC is what a Hotel should be about. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Stay on the Club Level it's a better value than the Ritz and a better location in NOLA,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Terrell H
Dear aa6nz,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you gave us a try and that we did not disappoint. We appreciate your comments and your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!
San Francisco
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The bed is super comfy and the a/c works great. The bartenders are nice. And the rooms are huge.
The decor feels dated. There is no energy or vibe at the property. Good, I suppose, if you really want to be left alone.
The pool area is decent but the lack of service there is surprising. The first time we went there were several people working in the bar area but you needed to go to them to order anything. No -- what I would consider poolside-- service.
The second time we went to the pool there were no towels and no one to be found (at 6 pm). We called to request towels but none arrived before we left.
There are ice buckets in your room but you have to request ice. When we did this took over 20 minutes to arrive.
Turn-down service was inconsistent.
We picked this place over the Roosevelt and visited with friends who were staying there. They raved about the world class experience and the bar at the Roosevelt was lively and fun.
We had high hopes for the Windsor court but sadly were disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank margieco
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear margieco,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that you experienced some missteps in service. I will certainly look into the situations you encountered so that we can improve upon our delivery for future guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with others and hope we have a future opportunity to show you a true Windsor Court experience.
United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have been staying here several times a year forever. At one time it was ranked the best hotel in the world. May have been it's undoing. Nonetheless, coming back is like returning home. Great service. A wonderful staff. The doormen great us by name. Food is outstanding. Lots of attention to detail without coming across as "stuffy." They have a new spa but have not tried that yet. Pool was recently renovated. Just love being here.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator as the bell sound carries when the elevator opens on your floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Bemvindo,

Thank you for writing about the many stays you have had with us. We appreciate your continued patronage of the hotel and are happy to hear we consistently make it feel like home. We are happy to be your hotel of choice when in New Orleans and look forward to the next time we are able to welcome you back home.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Windsor Court Hotel knows how to take care of their guests. I admit I never write reviews, but after the wonderful experience here at the Windsor I had to write one. Before coming I had concerns because I was unable to talk to a live person and could not confirm my reservation. When we arrived Brian was very professional ,apologetic and accommodating. Due to the miscommunication we were upgraded. Jennifer, the head of the reservations came to meet us at the front desk and told us that she tried to call but had the wrong number.
This is one of the greatest experiences I have had from a hotel and I have traveled the world.
I would highly recommend the hotel, not just because of their outstanding customer service, but because it is well appointed, close to the French Quarters and absolutely beautiful!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Worldly2014
Dear Worldly2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to hear that you had such an outstanding customer service experience that you felt compelled to write your first review. It is our service that truly sets us apart from other hotels and it is what leaves the most lasting impression, so I am happy to hear that we delivered. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay.
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The service at this hotel was outstanding. We booked through priceline and were not treated any differently than a normal guest would have been. We got a nice corner room, very big. The bathroom is monstrous with an entire vanity area as well. Really really beautifully decorated. Only a couple minor flaws - there was a small hole in the wall by the bathroom that had not been fixed. And above the windows behind the curtains, you could still see some water damage that looked a little older. Overall, a really great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolinagirl3268
Dear Carolinagirl3268,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that, overall, you had a great stay with us and that despite the minor maintenance issues you encountered in your room, that the size of the accommodations and amenity inclusions were to your satisfaction. I am also most pleased to hear that you had an outstanding service experience. This is what truly sets our hotel apart from others. Thank you for your comments and your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay!
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent 3 lovely nights at the Windsor Court Hotel in May. From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we enjoyed everything. They wished us a Happy Anniversary when we checked in. Usually I do not mention these things in making reservations, but it was our 25th anniversary and I thought, why not? We were also presented with 2 vouchers for a champagne toast in the lounge. Well this was enough, right. In the middle of the afternoon, we received a lovely card from the General Manager and a bottle of champagne delivered right to our room. Thank you very much! Now down to the accommodations. We had a basic room and it was perfect! When you enter the room, it feels so comfortable and secure. It is a quiet place out of the hustle and bustle of New Orleans. I have trouble sleeping but we did not hear a peep even though the hotel was pretty full. Only an occasional closing of a door when another guest entered a room. Wonderful beds, bedding and appointments. Spacious enough for us and plenty of room to place our belongings when we unpacked. The bathroom was marble and spacious by most standards. We did not try the restaurant as we had made plans to dine elsewhere. Restaurant August is right outside the back door. I was surprised about this convenience as it was one of our choices. We had breakfast at Mother's everyday and it too was on the back side street too. You are close to all the French Quarter has to offer, but you have the luxury of leaving that to enter the courtyard of peace and calm when you get back to the Windsor Court. Amenities were ample and especially enjoyed the water and the small cloth they provided upon entering the hotel. We did use the spa facilities and found them to be amazing too! My husband had a massage and I had a pedicure. Fantastic! We will stay here again when we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and ours was on the city side. There is a lot of activity with vehicles c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda1949,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court. I am so happy to hear we could contribute to a memorable 25th Anniversary trip and that our accommodations, amenities and services exceeded your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay!