“Outstanding Place to Stay in New Orleans”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #6 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's not cheap, but the Windsor Court Hotel in New Orleans is a fabulous place to stay. We attended a 50th wedding anniversary for my wife's older brother and his wife. We stayed in one of the riverside suites on one of the top floors and we had a beautiful river view. The suite was beautiful, comfortable and very nice. We had access to the Club Room for breakfast, tea and snacks and drinks in the afternoon before going out for the evening. It was a great gathering place for our family. The staff is friendly and very professional. The lobby is magnificent. It's located only two blocks from the river and about four blocks from the French Quarter so it's an easy walk to most of the sights people come to New Orleans to see. Taxis are always available to get to restaurants that might be more than a walk. If you can afford it, it's the place to stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan C
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Dan C,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that the Windsor Court could make a good home base for you and your family to enjoy the city and your family's special celebration. We appreciate your comments and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Four nights at this hotel were really good. The staff fell over themselves to help, the rooms were really big and the beds seriously comfortable with good ac.
We were lucky to stay on the 20th floor which gives you access to the club lounge on the 22nd with it's lovely outside terraces, a lovely spot to read a book with your free drinks.
Only mild criticism is that although the bathrooms were very clean and big they are a little dated for a top notch hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Big_belly_42

Dear Big_belly_42,

Thank you for writing about your recent four night stay with us. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to take advantage of all that our Club Lounge has to offer. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to New Orleans.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a beautiful boutique hotel with a European feel. The staff are all courteous and professional and no detail is over looked. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. It is located in the center of downtown New Orlean close to everything. I highly recommend you treat yourself and spend some time in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Debby W
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Debby W,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and that our central location, spacious accommodations and professional staff provided you with a most memorable experience. We appreciate your recommendation and your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel because with everything going on In NOLA was booked up so I said let's stay on the Club floor in the WC! Oh boy was I happy ! This is the type of hotel we don't see in the USA much any more old world style, elegance, Class, Service and attention to detail ! The only door I touched was the door to my suite which was 2206. We were there 3 days and I did not see housekeeping at all but there work was evident with the quality of the cleanliness , the toiletries which even included mouth wash. When I called for something there was a knock at the door in seconds! I booked this trip through American Express Platinum travel service which included an upgrade, breakfast vouches and A $100 off Dinner voucher which I didn't use. We used the breakfast vouches that we enjoyed. No budget spending here but a great value for the money ! In which you need to bring plenty! My nickname for this hotel is Aladdin, your wish is their command! Especially on the club level the drinks were top rate, the food was top notch even the coffee and expresso was great. Along with the location close to the Quarter and with in walking distance of everything! I think her name is Denise she was the Hostess at the Club Lounge she was great, Welcoming,professional, friendly and warm many cudos to her! I swear every chance we had we had a glass of champagne which was of excellent quality. And the other times the pours of bourbon were generous, very generous..like at home :)! We had a drink at the bar in the lobby which were very good also. The bellman , the check in , the waiters and waitresses were all very nice and professional! I've stayed at some very nice World Class hotels I.e. Peninsular in Chicago, La Pavilion and Waldorf Astoria in NOLA , Trumps in Chicago and NYC and the very best the Hassler in Rome. And the Waldorf in Chicago. The WC gives the Hassler and the Waldorf it's run for the Money. If you can afford to stay here stay on the Club Floor you will not be disappointed. The WC is what a Hotel should be about. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Stay on the Club Level it's a better value than the Ritz and a better location in NOLA,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Terrell H

Dear aa6nz,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you gave us a try and that we did not disappoint. We appreciate your comments and your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The bed is super comfy and the a/c works great. The bartenders are nice. And the rooms are huge.
The decor feels dated. There is no energy or vibe at the property. Good, I suppose, if you really want to be left alone.
The pool area is decent but the lack of service there is surprising. The first time we went there were several people working in the bar area but you needed to go to them to order anything. No -- what I would consider poolside-- service.
The second time we went to the pool there were no towels and no one to be found (at 6 pm). We called to request towels but none arrived before we left.
There are ice buckets in your room but you have to request ice. When we did this took over 20 minutes to arrive.
Turn-down service was inconsistent.
We picked this place over the Roosevelt and visited with friends who were staying there. They raved about the world class experience and the bar at the Roosevelt was lively and fun.
We had high hopes for the Windsor court but sadly were disappointed.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank margieco
WindsorCourtGM, General Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear margieco,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that you experienced some missteps in service. I will certainly look into the situations you encountered so that we can improve upon our delivery for future guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with others and hope we have a future opportunity to show you a true Windsor Court experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Have been staying here several times a year forever. At one time it was ranked the best hotel in the world. May have been it's undoing. Nonetheless, coming back is like returning home. Great service. A wonderful staff. The doormen great us by name. Food is outstanding. Lots of attention to detail without coming across as "stuffy." They have a new spa but have not tried that yet. Pool was recently renovated. Just love being here.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator as the bell sound carries when the elevator opens on your floor...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Bemvindo,

Thank you for writing about the many stays you have had with us. We appreciate your continued patronage of the hotel and are happy to hear we consistently make it feel like home. We are happy to be your hotel of choice when in New Orleans and look forward to the next time we are able to welcome you back home.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Windsor Court Hotel knows how to take care of their guests. I admit I never write reviews, but after the wonderful experience here at the Windsor I had to write one. Before coming I had concerns because I was unable to talk to a live person and could not confirm my reservation. When we arrived Brian was very professional ,apologetic and accommodating. Due to the miscommunication we were upgraded. Jennifer, the head of the reservations came to meet us at the front desk and told us that she tried to call but had the wrong number.
This is one of the greatest experiences I have had from a hotel and I have traveled the world.
I would highly recommend the hotel, not just because of their outstanding customer service, but because it is well appointed, close to the French Quarters and absolutely beautiful!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Worldly2014

Dear Worldly2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to hear that you had such an outstanding customer service experience that you felt compelled to write your first review. It is our service that truly sets us apart from other hotels and it is what leaves the most lasting impression, so I am happy to hear that we delivered. We appreciate you sharing your experience with others and look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay.