“Very Nice Hotel”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I had a suite and it was easily the largest hotel room I have ever had. The room had a separate living area and a full kitchen. The decor was very nice and had the feel of a Garden District mansion. Location is good and is across the street from the casino and a few blocks from the Quarter. I can't point to any faults other than the price tag. I thought it was a bit pricey.

Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank marssl
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to provide a space makes you feel like your in a "Garden District mansion".

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court Hotel, so that we can make your next stay equally unforgettable.

There are newer reviews for Windsor Court Hotel

Reviewed 17 January 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel in December 2008. The staff, the food, the accommodations, and the decorations were fabulous. We were particularly fond of the Polo Club Lounge. A very cozy, lively, and comfortable location for a late lunch, a drink before dinner, or after dinner drinks. My wife left her scarf in the lounge one night, a staff member locked it up, and upon our inquiry at least 24 hours later, the staff graciously returned it. An excellent location, an easy walk to the French Quarter, but away from the late and early morning noise of the Quarter.

• Check-in / front desk

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are very pleased to provide a "cozy, lively" entertainment venue in the Polo Lounge.

Reviewed 11 January 2009

Staying at the Windsor Court is always a pleasure. The service is outstanding and is the main reason to stay here. Heated outdoor saltwater pool is very relaxing, so bring your bathing suit.

Internet access is fast and free, so there is no annoying charge as at many other hotels. This is one of the many small, but significant, ways in which the Windsor Court treats guests well.

I hope I will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are very proud that you feel the Windsor Court is "always a pleasure", where "the service is outstanding".

Reviewed 9 January 2009

My daughters and I were in New Orleans for my nephew's graduation from the New Orleans Police Academy the end of December. We chose the Windsor Court b/c of past memories with our parents - they loved to have tea there!!!!! It is also a great location - easy to get to the French Quarter and the Garden District. We were not there long and did not get to try the restuarant or lounge (or have tea), but did have room service for breakfast one day and it was delicious. The hotel and staff are trying very hard to return everything to it's pre-Katrina status. It was decorated beautifully for the holidays. We had a corner room with two very comfortable beds and it was huge. Very quiet. We loved it, but the best part were the employees. They could not have been any friendlier or more accomodating - from check-in, to bell staff to concierge to housekeeping. I inadvertently left all my jewelry out in our room one day and have to admit I was very nervous about it; when I realized it. When we returned, it was all there safe and sound and had not been touched. I think that says a lot about the quality of people they have working there. We will definitely go back, the next time we are in New Orleans.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are very proud that you feel our team "could not have been friendlier or more accommodating".

Reviewed 5 January 2009

My wife and I visited New Orleans for the first time in December and wanted to stay in what we thought would be the best hotel in town, well situated for the sights we wanted to see. The Windsor Court was a perfect choice. This is near the French Quarter in a nice part of the city, and our room offered a view of the Mississippi River. As New Englanders, we found the welcomes in New Orleans unsurpassed, whether in restaurants or shops, and every staff member of the hotel was as helpful and welcoming as possible. Everyone should visit New Orleans post-Katrina, as it is a testament to the love and dedication of people who have suffered great loss and fought back with great pride. This hotel is as good as any hotel, anywhere.

• Check-in / front desk
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are very proud that you feel the Windsor Court is "as good as any hotel, anywhere".

Reviewed 2 January 2009

American Express had originally booked the Ritz Carlton for my 5-day birthday stay in New Orleans. After seeing some current photos taken by a Trip Advisor reviewer, I asked AmEx to book me into a different hotel. The choice of the Windsor Court could not have been better!

Upon my early arrival, Ashley on the front desk greeted me enthusiastically and was genuinely interested in my birthday celebration trip! She had upgraded me from a Junior Suite to a Full Suite (I didn't know it at this point) and as the room was not ready said they would store the luggage and call me on my cell phone the moment it was ready. This was fine as we had a full day's activities planned.

In the early afternoon, the call came as promised. However, we didn't complete the check in for a couple hours because we were having too much fun snacking on raw oysters in the French Quarter. When we did arrive back at the hotel, I was again cheerfully greeted and told my luggage would be brought up immediately. I was pleasantly shocked to see we had been upgraded to a FULL suite. The luggage arrived within 5 minutes (you know at some hotels it can take an hour). Shortly afterwards, the door bell rang and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot had been sent by the hotel management as birthday cheer! Again, a super pleasant surprise!

Throughout our stay, staff (restaurant, bellmen, concierge) kept asking how the birthday trip was going and giving me birthday wishes on the exact day. Everyone seemed to really enjoy working at the hotel and the feeling was passed on to the guests. This was a huge positive.

I don't think I need to describe the room, other than to say it was super clean and everything was in working order and really, the bedding was luxurious! I fell asleep quickly and easily each night. The marble floors and walls in the bath were opulent. The shower was hot and strong. It's probably a shame we didn't spend more time in the room! Our city view was fantastic!

The main restaurant, The New Orleans Grill, was a bit pricey for breakfast, but absolutely excellent. On our last morning there, the staff even came by to say "goodbye" and "safe trip." They also offered to pack snacks and fruit for us for the drive! Our dinner there (the first night) was excellent. Service was attentive, friendly and neither rushed nor pesty. It was reasonably priced for a wonderful array of appetizers shared by the two of us.

Our stay at the Windsor Court made us genuinely feel welcome in New Orleans. I can't wait to return and would not consider staying at any other hotel. The Windsor Court hotel is absolutely the top hotel I have stayed in in North America and Europe ( That includes the former Plaza NYC and Hotel Sacher in Vienna)

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your passion and excitement for the Windsor Court Hotel makes us so very proud to be your location of choice!

We take pride in making every occasion a special one, and in personalizing our service to your needs. We hope that we can make your next birthday even more special!

Reviewed 30 December 2008

Not sure where all the rave reviews come from. We stayed on the club level and it was certainly NOT the Ritz. Rooms were ok, bathrooms were poorly lit with horrible, dirty white rugs and toilet mats. Mirror was peeling. The club lounge was lacking the extra attention to cleanliness you find at a Four Seasons or Ritz. Tables were not cleaned well and plates, utensils were dirty. Staff was very friendly and accomodating and the location is great - But the finer touches just aren't there.

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you encountered challenges during your stay, particularly in regards to to the condition of your Guest room, as we strive to achieve the very best. As the leading luxury hotel in New Orleans and only hotel in the city to be coveted with Mobil Four Stars and AAA Four Diamonds, please know that this is not the normal experience of a Windsor Court guest.

Rest assured that we will investigate your experience and will address the issues with the appropriate team members to ensure future guests do not experience the same occurrences.

We do hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you as I am confident that you will have a more positive experience during your next stay.

Thank you very much again for your feedback…we look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to New Orleans!