“Great service, rooms need a little TLC....”

Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. Location was great with beautiful views of the MS river and within walking distance of French Quarter. The hotel was managed well, and had great service but for the cost of the rooms they could use a little TLC. Sofa's were stained, bathroom was far from 4 star like and needed to be gutted. The kitchenette's were quite old with appliances I hadn't seen since the 60's. Overall it's a quaint place but for the price their are much better options in New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to read that our Staff provided "great service" during your visit with us.

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court Hotel, so that we can make your next stay equally unforgettable.

There are newer reviews for Windsor Court Hotel

Reviewed 6 February 2009

We wanted a four day R&R in peace and selected Windsor Court because we had been there before and enjoyed the European feel of the hotel. Our trip was booked by American Express Platinum and we had an automatic upgrade to a full suite when we arrived as Windsor Court is part of their Fine Hotels and Resorts! The 4:00 p.m. checkout that goes with the Am. Ex. program was really an extra delight!

Many of the staff remembered our names from our last visit and several made a point to go out of their way to welcome us back.

Since it was our Anniversary, we were treated to delicious chocolate covered strawberries!

I've read some of the other evaluations, and noted their discussion about the "dated" furniture! Our home is filled with 100 yr. plus antiques, so I presume we are more comfortable at Windsor Court because our lives have always been filled with antiques. In addition, we very often stay at the Waldorf Astoria Towers in New York, and find that the Windsor Court has the same European feel!

The Grill Room was outstanding! The entire staff goes out of their way to be sure that you are happy!

We will return!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to read that our Staff recognized you during your return!

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs. We're so glad you also enjoyed our Grill Room, where our "staff goes out of their way" to ensure your happiness!

Reviewed 28 January 2009

I recently stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel. It was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff was so helpful and always had a smile. Anytime I had a question about the hotel or the city, I was greeted with a happy and knowledgeable person who only wanted me to have the best time I possibly could in New Orleans. I feel like I would have had a different experience altogether if I had not stayed at Windsor Court. I fell in love with both the city and the hotel. Sadly, I will miss out on the other great hotels offered by New Orleans because I can assure you that anytime I am in the area, I will be staying at the fabulous Windsor Court Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so very proud of our Team, and glad to read that the "always had a smile."

We take pride in making every occasion a special one, and in tailoring our service to fit your needs.

Reviewed 28 January 2009

The Windsor Court is an average facility with above average staff. It simply hasn't been updated in some time. The guest rooms are good size, but curtains, beds, TV's, lighting carpets, etc. are all aging. A Quasar TV?, haven't seen one of those in a very long time. The beds were not that comfortable compared to 5 star facilities I've stayed out. Everything had a 1980's look and feel to it. The staff is very good and every touch point was positive. Housekeeping was excellent, front desk and concierge very helpful and valet guys did a fine job. Had breakfast in the restaurant a couple of times and while expensive, it was also excellent. The location is very good. If you are used to the 5 star accommodations of a Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc, you might be underwhelmed by the Windsor Court. But if you can get past the somewhat dated rooms, you will enjoy your stay very much. I gave it a 4 star since the staff was so good.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank JoeVirginia
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to read that our Staff made the difference during your stay.

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs.

Reviewed 21 January 2009

My husband and I recently had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at the Windsor Court Hotel, New Orleans, LA. This was our second stay at this hotel. I booked our room (a junior suite) directly with the hotel, and the agent was extremely helpful and thorough in explaining all of the room/suite options and rates. Even though we had a full suite our previous stay, which was fabulous, I opted for the junior suite this time because they all have balconies, whereas some of the full suites have bay windows instead. My requests and expectations were fully met, and we had a very nice suite on the 18th floor that had two balconies with great views overlooking the city. The large dressing area, spacious closet, robes, and slippers were all greatly appreciated, and the bed rated high on the comfort scale compared to many hotels.
We had dinner at the hotel in the Grill Room, and upon making our dinner reservation were questioned about the occasion. My husband mentioned that we were belatedly celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived for dinner, the hostess greeted us and wished us a happy anniversary. Also, a complimentary plate of dessert goodies with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate was an unexpected and delightful bonus.

Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank Annetta_9
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are so appreciative that you chose our Hotel to celebrate your Anniversary!

We take pride in making every occasion a special one, and in personalizing our service to your needs.

Reviewed 21 January 2009

I had a suite and it was easily the largest hotel room I have ever had. The room had a separate living area and a full kitchen. The decor was very nice and had the feel of a Garden District mansion. Location is good and is across the street from the casino and a few blocks from the Quarter. I can't point to any faults other than the price tag. I thought it was a bit pricey.

Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank marssl
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2009

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are pleased to provide a space makes you feel like your in a "Garden District mansion".

Reviewed 17 January 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Windsor Court Hotel in December 2008. The staff, the food, the accommodations, and the decorations were fabulous. We were particularly fond of the Polo Club Lounge. A very cozy, lively, and comfortable location for a late lunch, a drink before dinner, or after dinner drinks. My wife left her scarf in the lounge one night, a staff member locked it up, and upon our inquiry at least 24 hours later, the staff graciously returned it. An excellent location, an easy walk to the French Quarter, but away from the late and early morning noise of the Quarter.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your recognition of our Team is delightful, and we are very pleased to provide a "cozy, lively" entertainment venue in the Polo Lounge.