“We love this wonderful hotel !” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Windsor Court Hotel
Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Sarasota, Florida
“We love this wonderful hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2009

This was our first time back to the Windsor Court since the big storm. We were so pleased that this grand hotel has not lost any of it's charm. Our suite on the club level was all we could have hoped for. The housekeeping service and all the staff were superior as is fitting for a hotel of the quality. We love the location. It is possible to get anywhere either by foot or public transportation. TIP: YOU MUST GO TO THE WWII museum and do watch the movie. The American Sector Restaurant at the theateris a must!
Thanks WCH for a most enjoyable stay. I can not wait to return.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacqueline T
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so glad that you had a great experience at the Windsor Court!

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs, and it appears our Housekeeping team exceeded your expectations! We're so pleased to have provided a wonderful ambiance during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court Hotel, so that we can make your next stay equally unforgettable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Finnish first
Baton Rouge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2009

The rooms are large, but in need of refurbishing. Carpet worn, upholstery worn. Went to the bar for dinner and loved it. Staff was friendly. This is a quiet hotel, so it was the perfect location for us. You can still walk to French Quarter and enjoy.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2009
On behalf of the entire team at Windsor Court, we thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality and location!

We are sorry to see that the room did not meet your standards. We are constantly looking to improve and upgrade our luxury offering, and appreciate your comments in helping us to achieve that goal.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Windsor Court Hotel.
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2009

We had a wonderful 4 night vacation at Windsor once we upgraded (at our expense) to club full suite from a full suite. We arrived late on our 10th Anniversary and Thanksgiving Day. We checked in and went to our room on the 12th floor (I booked a full suite sunrise package, river view with 2 beds/nonsmoking for my husband and son (age 19). It was a really bad first night as our room while large with a wonderful view, was extremely cold and smelled musty. It was shabby like another review stated. I wanted to switch rooms that night (We checked in at around 1:30 A.M.), and we were exhausted so I called the front desk, but after some time I went downstairs. They were nice, and had even wished me a Happy Anniversary - they were going to upgrade me to a club room that night, however, due to computer problems and it was taking a long time, I was told to go downstairs the next day and talk to a Manager (that was Thanksgiving day). We didn't sleep well the night before at all, after a long flight after work from NY. The room temp was extremely cold and the musty smell was very horrid. I explained all of this to the front desk. Then, we got a wake up call by mistake at around 7:20 a.m., after very little sleep. I was seriously considering leaving and going to the Roosevelt, but honestly did not want to spend our limited time and Thanksgiving Day making such arrangements.

We had front row table at fairgrounds for Thanksgiving that were costly, and we were really tired at this point. I went down, spoke to manager who offered a 50 percent off the first night discount, and told me I would have to pay for the upgrade, and that is what I did. I paid for a club room upgrade at their usual price without a discount. I was too tired to argue for a better deal, and did not want to spend the time doing so as it was our 10 year Anniversary and Thanksgiving !

I must say the next 3 nights were wonderful. We paid for a full suite on the 21st floor - the room they gave us did not have a riverview, but it had no smell and the temp was good and the room was very elegant and comfortable. This made up for our prior experience. Everyone was so nice to us in the club room. The food at breakfast and cocktail hour, drinks, view, music and conversation was wonderful. My son said it was the best vacation he's ever been on. I highly recommend NOLA for a family trip. Thanksgiving was wonderful. The people appreciate the tourism and the restaurants, Commander's Palace and NOLA, Pat O'Briens, Preservation Hall, Bourbon Street, and a tour recommended by the hotel outside French Quarter was such a special treat. Cafe Dumond was wonderful. The Fairgrounds buffet on Thanksgiving was excellent and fun too. The servers were so friendly and nice. I would recommend a club room at the Windsor. If you can afford to stay there spend the extra money b/c it makes a world of difference in my view. It changed our entire experience from fair to excellent.

I'd really like to go back again next year.

1 Thank AdvisorNYC

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs, and we're glad to see that our Front Desk team responded immediately to your concerns! Our Club level offers our most premium accommodations, and it appears that you really enjoyed your time there.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 nights at the end of November. This was our firstt visit to New Orleans and the Windsor Court was a great introduction to this interesting city.
We had a lovely suite which overlooked the front of the building. The bed was just so comfortable and the feather pillows were fabulous.
We had a delightful breakfast each morning in the Grill Room and after the first morning the staff knew our names.
We also ate in the Grill Room (which is the main restaurant) once and had a delicious meal and we had drinks and snacks in the Polo Club Lounge, again everyone was interested in where we had come from and nothing was too much trouble.
The Hotel was beautifully decorated for Christmas which added to the ambience of this elegant hotel run by the Orient Express Company.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs, and it appears our Restaurant and Polo Lounge team exceeded your expectations! We're so pleased to have provided a wonderful ambiance during your stay with us.

New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

Why does this place rank so highly, so consistently?

Our room was dank, shabby, and reeked of cigarette smoke (non-smoking room).
When I notified housekeeping I was told that it would take hours to relocate us to a clean room, but they would be happy to send up an Atomizer to clear the air. It never came. I bought a scented candle ($20) in the gift shop.

I am really not a picky person, but his happened to me pre-Katrina as well. I only returned because I assumed my bad experience then (actually it was much worse and I wrote management then directly) was a fluke. Sadly, it wasn't.

On a happier note, New Orleans as a tourist destination is back and nearly as wonderful as ever.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Rex1NewYork
WindsorCourtGM, Manager at Windsor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2009

I am very sorry to read of the challenges with your room. Our Front Desk Team is poised to assist in ensuring an acceptable accomodation is found and we always act quickly to resolve anything that may arise.

As the leading Luxury Hotel in New Orleans, we always seek to make each stay special. When returning to New Orleans, we hope you consider staying with the Windsor Court Hotel.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

A gracious respite from the bawdy streets of the French Quarter, this hotel was everything you could ask for in a romantic get away. We had a spacious, beautifully appointed suite with a wonderfully comfortable bed. The hotel staff was exemplary, from the concierge to the housekeepers. We would come back here anytime!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs, and it appears our Concierge and Housekeepers exceeded your expectations! We're so pleased to have provided a wonderful ambiance during your stay with us.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

We visited New Orleans for my birthday and we booked a three night stay at the Windsor Court Hotel. It was a truly wonderful experience. I arranged through the hotel concierge for airport transfer and our driver was ready for us when we arrived. We had a stretch limo and arrived at the hotel in the early evening. Check-in was extremely gracious. Our room was a Club Level Full Suite on the 21st floor with an amazing view of the Mississippi River. The room was beautifully appointed in a feminine style and the marble bathroom setup was spacious and luxurious. We were hungry after our journey so we went to the Club Level Lounge on the 22nd floor to dine. The food buffet was outstanding and we had a tapas dinner with cocktails and soft drinks. Even my fussy two year old enjoyed the dinner. Michael in the Lounge was friendly , warm and did a great job making us feel welcome. After dinner we retired to our room. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was no street noise from below. The next morning we had an early breakfast at the Club Lounge and the breakfast spread was just as impressive and delicious as dinner had been the night before. Service was again warm and friendly. The Club Level Concierge Ryan, who was gracious and helpful, suggested a restaurant for dinner that evening and gave us a map to help us explore the city. We visited the Cafe du Monde, Jackson Square, the French Market, the Riverwalk, the Aquarium of the Americas. We also took a carriage ride through the French Quarter and a ride on the Natchez Steamboat. After that full day exploring the city we returned to the hotel. We needed a cab to go to dinner so the doorman whistled aloud for a cab out on the street to proceed inside the hotel courtyard. Our doorman asked us where we were going and told the cab driver the name and address of the restaurant in a tone of voice that said, these are our people, take good care of them. It was at that moment that I knew that this was a truly great hotel. After dinner, it was a beautiful evening and we decided to stroll back to the hotel. The next day, after another wonderful breakfast in the Club Lounge, we took the St. Charles Streetcar out to the Audubon Zoo. The zoo was amazing and the kids loved it. Afterwards, we rode the streetcar back and arrived at the hotel in the mid afternoon. My six year old son and I went down to the pool on the 4th floor and enjoyed sitting in the hot tub. We had a blast talking and laughing. It was my birthday so we dressed for dinner and again our wonderful doorman whistled for a cab for us and we proceeded to Comander's Palace for dinner which was fantastic in every way. After returning to the hotel, we got the kids in bed and I went up to the Club Lounge and had a cocktail and printed out our airline boarding passes for our flight the next day. Checkout was again gracious and warm and our driver was in the lobby to take us to the airport. This time the car service sent a super stretch limo that my son was amazed with. As we rode to the airport, I gazed out the window reflecting on our fantastic experience in New Orleans. We arrived at the airport and departed for home. The Windsor Court Hotel was excellent in every way. It was beautiful and the staff was warm, courteous, friendly and professional. I highly recommend a stay at this truly wonderful hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

We take pride in personalizing our service to fit your needs, and it appears Ryan exceeded your expectations! We're so pleased to have provided a wonderful ambiance during your stay with us.