“Excellent Boutique Style Hotel”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #7 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Stayed here in February and found everything to be of an excellent standard. From the helpful gentleman at the front desk to the porters, cleaners and breakfast room staff, all went out of there way to make this brief stay so enjoyable. Travelling as a single female the Mazarin ticked all the boxes. Booked on line, everything was as the online information detailed. Great location too. Loved New Orleans and The Mazarin helped to make it even better.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lynette D
Write a ReviewReviews (4,725)

Reviewed 9 March 2013

First I want to say that we had a great time in NOLA and the hotel was almost perfect. It was a great room, very good staff (Hotel only) and super location. The bed is something I hope we can find for home. However, if you are looking for a place that has a spot you can go to for a drink or a snack to fill time or finish your long day, this is not the place. We were in NOLA for 4 nights starting Feb. 24. It was rainy the first two days and in particular the evening of our arrival. Not knowing the city and getting somewhat soaked looking for a place to land we decided to go back to the Hotel for drinks and the small plates, that they advertised in the website, at Bar Vin. There are two rooms in this bar. An outer room with and the main bar. Both are small but very nicely furnished. There were about 5 people sitting together in the outer room when we arrived and two couples in the bar. We sat in the bar and waited for assistance. After waiting for about 5 minutes for the lady washing glasses behind the bar, my wife decided to go up and ask about food. After opening the menu she was told they have no food service and no inquirey was made as to our desire for drinks. My wife return to sit with me on the couch and watch TV while the lady continued her tasks behind the bar. After about another 5 minutes she left the bar and walked past us to the outer room where she collected glasses from the group out there and asked if they needed anything else. Needless to say we move on and found a more inviting establishment.

This was enough to put us off but the following morning I completed the provided hotel survey card left in the room explaining our dismay. We turned it in at the desk in hopes someone would at least contact us since we would be there another 3 days. Not only did they fail to respond to the survey but they sent me an email after the departure date asking us to complete a survey.

I really liked the place and would have given it a much higher rating but if you really want a place with food/drinks, where you can get waited on and one that really responds to their guest concerns, well you decide from my experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here in February and we more than pleased!! The room was beautiful and the bed was so comfortable!! We had a inner room that looked out over the courtyard and it was so quiet and peaceful...it is hard to believe that Bourbon Street was right around the corner!
Breakfast was great and the late check out time was really great as well.

The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful.
We will definitely be staying here again next time we come to New Orleans!

1  Thank MBA041411
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We visited the Mazarin in August, we booked via Internet for 2 days and once we got there we've asked for a 3rd one and they even give us a discount!. Valet parking was included at that time and was easy to use (You get the car in less than 5 minutes). The room was perfectly clean and located just 1 minutes from the famous Bourbon street. The included breakfast was good! During the night we didn't hear any loud sounds from the windows (Bourbon street is not sleeping...). I will return to that hotel on my next trip to NOLA!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jlarouche
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Our friend selected this hotel because of the positive reviews and I don't think it could have been any better. Staff was professional, friendly and very helpful. Our room was fabulous, very tastefully decorated, clean and had all the amenities we needed. Loved the bathroom, had a lot of room. We had a courtyard room at the back of the hotel and the noise really didn't bother us. We did have some noise one night, late night partyers returning and sirens. But, we were in New Orleans and kind of expected some of that. The breakfast buffet was a perfect start to the day, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, grits, pastries and extremely delicious coffee. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhk923
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Wanted a new hotel in New Orleans ---small. Highly rated---good location. So tried the Mazarin
We should have listened to our T A suggestions as they were right on with the "avoid balcony rooms". The street noise was unreal!!! Thinking it would eventually stop and the young and dumb loud drunks would finally pass out, we opted to stick it out , which was a bad choice. The balcony s also have no seating and need a bit of repair. The room is nice and even tho we had a premium king, it was very small. Friendly staff, fair breakfast, like all other free breakfasts, and no On site restaurant. There is a quiet , sophisticated wine bar adjoining property. Can't quite decide what hotel is missing. It just didn't seem alive as lobby is small and strictly a check in check out type deal. Courtyard. Nice. Didn't notice until we checked out our room price jumped quite a bit for a Friday night. Parking pricey. Just not sure if I would want to return or recommend . I do think they are trying....

Room Tip: No balcony room unless you want 24/7 noise.
1  Thank tonijr
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and really did like the place. I did have issues with a funky musty smell in the room and we were close to the elevator. Maybe the two coincided with each other. Also we had just been at Harrah's for 3 nights and LOVED our room there but had to move since they were sold out. I think if we had just not gone from Harrah's to here it would have seemed better.

I am not a fan of "outer" hotel rooms and all of these rooms were outers, as in the doors open to the outside. That in and out itself was noisy. Breakfast buffet was great and we did have a glass of wine at Patrick's Bar du Vin. Atmosephere in there on a cold night is great! Would love to have a drink in the courtyard during warmer weather.

The one thing that bugged me the most about staying here were the black marble floors. I could not ever find anything on those floors. Maybe I have too many black shoes, or black luggage, or whatever, but I was losing stuff constantly on those floors. Also really missed not having room service after not feeling so good one night we stayed in for dinner. Would have been nice to order something like to bring to the room. At $400/night after all the taxes were added on at that price this place just need a couple more amentities for me.

Solomon was great as was the front desk people. Small lobby though so if you are there during a busy time with people checking in and out and there is only one person working the desk, prepare to wait.

Room Tip: Try and get one away from elevators and ice machine. Even though ice machine was 5 doors down we co...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple