“Great Locatoin!”

Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Great Locatoin!”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

First time I stayed at The Hotel Mazarin for business. The place is spotless, and the location is perfect. Close enough to the action, but far enough away from all the noise!

For a hotel in the City, the rooms are a very nice size.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,176)
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My first reaction on seeing my room at Hotel Mazarin was disbelief; it was so big! I had booked a Superior King room and was given a room on the second floor with a view of the inner courtyard. My room was great - so much space, a large bathroom with separate shower/toilet and a large wardrobe. Facing the courtyard, the room was quite dark but, to be honest, I didn't spend many daylight hours there so that wasn't an issue. The bed was also very big and was incredibly comfortable - great for jet lag! I can't fault the room at all.
There is a lot to like about Hotel Mazarin. It's location is great - so close to the action of Bourbon Street and a minimal walk to other sights. The daily breakfast was great and the fact that it is served until around 11 means that even after a late night, there is time for a sleep in and breakfast. I was a fan of the eggs and the delicious, creamy grits which were a new discovery for me.
I made use of the small gym during my 9 night stay and although it is very small, the machines and weights provide enough for a good workout. Patrick's Bar Vin was a highlight and the small courtyard at the front is a lovely location for an aperitif before venturing into the craziness of Bourbon Street and beyond. I also highly recommend the nearby bar on the corner 'Jean Lafitte's Absinthe Bar' for some great service and atmosphere!
I loved New Orleans and I think that my selection of hotel was part of this. It was lovely to step into the courtyard and my cool, elegant room to recharge after a day (or night) of exploring this fascinating city.
I hope to return to NOLA one day and Hotel Mazarin would certainly be my accommodation of choice again!

1 Thank Kbel3
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Hotel Mazarin is an outstanding property in the French Quarter. The rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff is beyond fantastic, the food was excellent. We will be back! The location is unbeatable, right between Bourbon and Royal. The breakfast is wonderful, and the wine bar is an excellent place to unwind after a meeting.

Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It was a great hotel and so much better than staying in a chain hotel. I found an amazing last minute deal on the Hotels.com mobile app. It's a good location if you want to hit the French Quarter or Frenchman's Street. The only problems I had were the bright lights from the porch kept me from falling asleep easily and I had no hot water in the morning for my shower. The breakfast had the basics (eggs/bacon/grits). It was filling but nothing overly special. The staff was a bit lacking in a few ways that morning but all were pleasant. The front desk staff were so incredibly helpful and nice though! The rooms have great toiletries, luxuriously large beds with just the right firmness and the linens were amazing!! I would stay here again and recommend it to friends/colleagues.

Room Tip: You might want to make sure you have a room that isn't a walk-up. The bell hops are really great...
Mentor Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Fantastic location for seeing New Orleans! We could conveniently walk or take the streetcar to the sights of the city. The courtyard is wonderful place for breakfast and after dinner drinks from the wine bar. Wine bar staff went above and beyond and went to another hotel to get a bottle of apertif wine for our group when they had run out. The entire staff was very helpful and courteous, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New Orleans. This will certainly be my hotel of choice on my next trip to New Orleans!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Oakland, California
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We loved the Hotel Mazarin! The location in the French Quarter was great, all the staff were very friendly and as helpful as could be while still be professional. The rooms were newly remodeled, comfortable, quiet and well done in dark marble. The Front Desk Manager, Elliot Ferran, was especially helpful and hospitable to us. We stayed there for five nights during this year's French Quarter Festival. Our room was on the third floor, room 312, and we never heard any noise. It overlooked the courtyard.

The Mazarin offered a full breakfast daily and it's really good. Every morning there was bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, fresh fruit salad, three types of juice, scones, toast, yogurt, croissants, you name it. We always ate in the open air courtyard, but you could eat inside if you wanted to. There was a wonderful waiter at breakfast from Chile, Luis, that was always there to open the door when I went inside for more coffee!

We visited the bar once and it was quiet but satisfied our needs for a cocktail with the two other couples we were with.

We hope to stay there again next year, when we head back for the French Quarter Festival.
I'd highly recommend a stay at the Hotel Mazarin. In the past in NOLA we have stayed at the Ritz Carlton, The Chateau and Le Pavilion. We liked the Mazarin and its location the best.

Room Tip: We didn't have a room with a balcony. I think it might have been fun but also would have increa...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Holly, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Just returned from French Quarter Fest. We stayed 5 nights at Hotel Mazarin. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely courteous, friendly, and professional. The location is fabulous - right between Bourbon & Royal. They give you a very nice hot breakfast daily. The bed was comfy and the rooms are up to date and modern. Nice courtyard to spend the evening enjoying the fresh air and sounds of New Orleans with a glass of wine. Fruit infused water waiting for your refreshment after your adventures in town. Also bottled water in the mini-fridge in your room, replenished daily. We'd recommend this hotel for anyone that wants to enjoy The French Quarter.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple