Hotel Mazarin
  • Restaurant
US$332
US$302
  • Pool
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$147
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Four Points By Sheraton French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$231
US$154
US$122
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$207
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
4,893 results
All reviewswine barbourbon streetpatrick's bar vinfrench quartergreat locationmarble floorsbeautiful courtyardcomplimentary breakfastfresh fruitevery morninghalf blockcourtyard roomwonderful hotelstreet noiselight sleeperwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 25 April 2013

What a lovely place to stay! Clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated rooms! Helpful, personable staff.....Manny was cordial and accomodating. Breakfasts were fresh with nice variety and were served in a lovely manner. The Courtyard was inviting. The Mazarin is well located .... just far enough away from the noise of Bourbon Street but close in walking distance to everything. Would definitely return........Excellent hotel ... outstanding staff!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The hedonist hits New Orleans.

I pride myself in my decadence. Then I came to New Orleans and realized the level of my naïveté.

But we're here to talk about the hotel Mazarin. OK... Bad news first. No bathtub and the pillows are not comfortable. That's all the bad news. Since the shower is huge and I always bring my own pillow, my life was pretty sweet at the Mazarin. Oh yeh, they have you sign a piece of paper that says you'll pay $250 if they catch you smoking in the property. A bit off-putting, but manageable. Concierge? Restaurant? Room service? No to all, but I didn't miss it. (For a change.) Rooms are very nice and quite large. Breakfast is plentiful and good. (It must be a good place if one reviewer had to criticize the breakfast bacon temperature in order to find something bad to say.) There's a nice bar attached to the property for a pre-dinner glass of wine, or post party cocktail. Almost forgot. Each lamp in the room has two electrical outlets at its base. Majorly convenient. Free wifi, too.

The high point of this hotel is the staff. Helpful, courteous friendly, efficient... I can't say enough to compliment them all. I was somewhat disappointed not to see a concierge, but all I had to do was to ask a person behind the desk and he made up for the lack of a concierge title.

The hotel is a half block away from Bourbon street - a perfect location if you happen to be interested in the college guys wet-dream-Disneyland. I wasn't. One walk down the street is about all I could take. Fried food and strip clubs are not my cup of tea. I can't imagine being a woman and walking through Bourbon street seeing the other almost dressed women offering themselves like so much meat on the rack. A major disappointment.

However! You'll find - in walking distance - some of the finest antique stores and art galleries in the world. If you have an extra million or so to spend, you'll have the opportunity to do so without feeling ripped off. 17th century animatronic clock? Amazing jewelry? $800,000 Chagall? Picasso? Erté? Miró? 3000 kinds of hot sauce? Yours for the taking.

I hope you'll take the time to take a - pardon the expression - bus tour of the city to get an overview. New Orleans has an amazing history. Spanish, French, American, Caribbean, and other influences combine gracefully to create one of the most interesting and richly mixed cultures anywhere.

For music, take a cab to Frenchman Street. Amazing, small, appropriately seedy clubs with some of the best jazz you'll hear anywhere. Don't dress up. The other places for music are interesting, but touristy. Locals go the Frenchman street. (Locals also avoid Bourbon street like the plague.)

You'll want to try beignets. Once. They aren't that great, but it is a piece of the history. Chicory coffee is also something to try. Once.

Check restaurant ratings to find good food. We tried several of the top rated. Good enough food and service, but if you're a foodie, you'll mostly be disappointed. For foodies, try "Coquet" in the garden district. Menu changes daily and it's one of the great, creative small restaurants anywhere. Black olive praline and cashew puree in your salad? Andouille infused caramel painted under your duck breast? A bit pricey, but not unreasonable... foodies won't care. Every bite is an experience to be remembered. Put this little gem on your bucket list.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Mazarin. It is located between Bourbon St. and Royal St....the "perfect" location in NOLA. We enjoyed the atmosphere of being in The French Quarter without loosing any modern comforts. The staff was friendly and helpful. They welcomed us warmly had helpful suggestions for places to visit. We enjoyed our lovely room, comfortable bed and outstanding full breakfast. I would definitely recommend to friends and will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this completely delightful hotel. We were there on business and I looked forward to returning to our "little slice of heaven" every night. The location is beyond perfect. The entire staff could not have been more pleasant. There was a wedding on premises while we were there and it added to the pleasant atmosphere, as so many guests knew each other. The wedding gave it a very homey feel. Our room was just a tiny bit small but it just made me feel even more like I was in a European Hotel. That by no means is meant to sound like a complaint, merely an observation. We don't get to New Orleans very often but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This hotel is perfectly located between Bourbon Street and Royal Street in the French Quarter in New Orleans. We stayed in a comfortably agreable room with good sanitary functionalities. The housekeeping took care that the room was perfectly cleaned every day.
We enjoyed every morning our extensive breakfast, the staff there was very kind and helpful.
We can recommend this hotel to everyone that visits New Orleans.

Johan and Rita (Belgium)