“Great stay at this boutique hotel!”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #7 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I spent 4 nights at Hotel Mazarin and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean! The staff was all very friendly and accommodating to our requests. The location was perfect and within walking distance to many of the Bourbon St. and downtown attractions. Our room overlooked the courtyard, so there was some noise during the early breakfast hours, but it wasn't extreme as some other reviewers have indicated.

Other notes:

While you're there, check out the adjoining wine bar (Patrick's) for a nightcap. They have an excellent selection and atmosphere.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and didn't disappoint -- eggs, bacon, grits, etc.

There's no need to schedule the airport transfer indicated on the hotel's website. We found the local taxis to be less expensive for our group of five.

If there was one improvement to be made it would be the pillows. They were not the quality I would normally expect from a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahaddaway
Write a ReviewReviews (4,588)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just returned from my trip to New Orleans where I assisted at a training workshop for artists. This venue proved to be the perfect setting for our group. The entire staff of Hotel Mazarin graciously tended to us and quickly responded to our requests. My room was cozy, comfortable and I appreciated the large desk to keep up with work back in Michigan. We spent wonderful social time in the courtyard and enjoyed exquisitely presented and delicious food prepared by chef Agnes Bellet and her staff. Speaking of chef Agnes Bellet, I had the great pleasure to watch her interact with her staff and I was completely impressed with her calm, confident demeanor. Her beautiful French accent rang out "how's your day going?" everyday--perfect! The location couldn't have been better for my first time to New Orleans. Right in the heart of the French Quarter with access to shops, galleries, bars just steps away! We were right in the action of nightlife of Bourbon Street but could retreat to "Patrick's Bar Vin" or the jazz club "21st Amendment Bar" located in our hotel at the end of our evenings out. Now that I'm back "up North" I find myself yearning to return to Hotel Mazarin and NOLA--and I will someday--no doubt about it!

Room Tip: My room was located on the "back" courtyard facing towards the courtyard. This proved to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Spent a week at the hotel whole attending a GAEP workshop which was also held there.
I can't think of a single negative to say . Everything was perfect ! The staff attentive, very warm and friendly .The room was beautiful, clean and comfortable . The breakfast - yummy .the hotel also catered our group's lunch everyday in the delicious NOLA style .The location was excellent .
walking distance to all that New Orleans offers .I plan on returning and would happily stay there again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I loved this hotel but it was noisy, but New Orleans is a noisy city. The hotel is well located in the French Quarter and is convenient to all the restaurants and shopping and partying that you want to do. I loved this location, it is one block from Bourbon Street and consequently it can be a little noisy. Our room was spacious, clean and well air conditioned. The breakfast was good (not the brunch at the Court of Two Sisters) but a nice start to the day. The staff was very attentive and helpful with directions. The location was convenient to the trolley and bus for a trip to the Garden District and antique shopping on Magazine Street. I would definitely book here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sogle1
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We just left an amazing 2 days at Hotel Mazarin. 1) The location could NOT be better. If you want quiet, however, stay in a courtyard facing room. 2) Don't be phased if you get an unfriendly person when you check in, he is the exception. The staff is wonderful! We had a problem with our room and got an incredible upgrade, they could not have done more for us. Breakfast is lovely. I would stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: Courtyard facing room much quieter than room on street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gutsytherapist
Reviewed 25 October 2013

i stayed there during a business trip for a whole week.
great location and pretty nice room - modern and comfortable bed - large king size bed.
beautiful building.

overall pleased. fully recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rachael H
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We decided to head to New Orleans for our honeymoon, and based on the reviews decided to stay at the Hotel Mazarin. Have to say we were completely satisfied with everything we experienced! For the first night down we were in a Premium King which featured a balcony over Bienville (runs between Royal and Bourbon), and I cannot reinforce the previous reviews that say if you are a light sleeper, avoid the rooms at all costs. People were out until around 4am, and construction workers started working outside around 6am - not a whole lot of time to get some sleep. First thing we did was call down to change rooms for the remainder of our trip, and the staff was more than accommodating for our request. They were able to move us to a different room away from the road and the difference was incredible. Never heard another sound from the streets outside!

For everything else, they have a full breakfast buffet every morning which was always great. Also have a business center and fitness center for anyone interested.

I would fully recommend staying here if you want a genuine French Quarter stay in a very nice hotel!