“Great French Quarter vacation.”
Review of Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Mazarin
Ranked #7 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here on recommendation of a local. Excellent hotel in a historic building-beautifully restored. Staff is outstanding-friendly and helpful. Included breakfast buffet was excellent. That and free wifi made for a good value. Walking distance to everything.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Their service was off the chart,I could not have gotten better or more friendly service anywhere in New Orleans. Everything was kept so clean.. Everyone morning we had the best brekfeast and it came with the room.All the staff did a great job getting everything ready for the wedding,This was the best trip I have ever had in New Orleans. Thanks

Room Tip: If you want to sleep you need to request a room that is not facing the street.. they party late at n...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Where do I start? The courtroom view was actually a wall of another building. Petit does not begin to describe how small the room was. The folks who cleaned the room left the dirty plates, so we left them outside our door, where they sat for another 24 hours. We never received fresh towels or another supply of toiletries. We had a drunkard outside our door screaming about "flashing her t*tties" for hours and upon calling security, she still continued to do it. There was no counter space in the bathroom and the entire place smelled like sewage. I knew it was going to be the French Quarter but I wasn't expecting it to smell, get woken up at 3 am by a screaming drunk, and not get my room serviced. Ick. Stay away!!

Room Tip: Do not book a Petit King!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MZP30305
Reviewed 28 October 2013

From the moment we walked in the door we felt pampered, welcome and well cared for. Each staff member was exceptional. From Joel at breakfast to the valet who filled my car with gas when I came in with an empty gas tank after getting lost. We spent a week there and found everything to be top notch.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just spent several nights in the Mazarin and it was very nice -- a well located property within easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, cable cars, etc. Our room had a hard surface floor and it was spotless. The rooms are nicely appointed and hotel amenities are more than adequate. The morning breakfast offered a nice selection and was good. A little noise from Bourbon Street but it was the weekend before Halloween and there was lots of partying nearby. We would definitely stay here again - in fact we spent our last night in NO at the Waldorf Astoria because Hotel Mazarin was full and we preferred the Mazarin. Good stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I spent 4 nights at Hotel Mazarin and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean! The staff was all very friendly and accommodating to our requests. The location was perfect and within walking distance to many of the Bourbon St. and downtown attractions. Our room overlooked the courtyard, so there was some noise during the early breakfast hours, but it wasn't extreme as some other reviewers have indicated.

Other notes:

While you're there, check out the adjoining wine bar (Patrick's) for a nightcap. They have an excellent selection and atmosphere.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and didn't disappoint -- eggs, bacon, grits, etc.

There's no need to schedule the airport transfer indicated on the hotel's website. We found the local taxis to be less expensive for our group of five.

If there was one improvement to be made it would be the pillows. They were not the quality I would normally expect from a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahaddaway
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just returned from my trip to New Orleans where I assisted at a training workshop for artists. This venue proved to be the perfect setting for our group. The entire staff of Hotel Mazarin graciously tended to us and quickly responded to our requests. My room was cozy, comfortable and I appreciated the large desk to keep up with work back in Michigan. We spent wonderful social time in the courtyard and enjoyed exquisitely presented and delicious food prepared by chef Agnes Bellet and her staff. Speaking of chef Agnes Bellet, I had the great pleasure to watch her interact with her staff and I was completely impressed with her calm, confident demeanor. Her beautiful French accent rang out "how's your day going?" everyday--perfect! The location couldn't have been better for my first time to New Orleans. Right in the heart of the French Quarter with access to shops, galleries, bars just steps away! We were right in the action of nightlife of Bourbon Street but could retreat to "Patrick's Bar Vin" or the jazz club "21st Amendment Bar" located in our hotel at the end of our evenings out. Now that I'm back "up North" I find myself yearning to return to Hotel Mazarin and NOLA--and I will someday--no doubt about it!

Room Tip: My room was located on the "back" courtyard facing towards the courtyard. This proved to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business