“Awesome hotel”

Ranked #5 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Canyon Lake, California
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Awesome hotel,great location,friendly staff!
Best reservation experience I've ever had, very friendly,great personalities and accommodating !
This hotel was recommended to us and we were not disappointed .

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,176)
  • Hebrew first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Hotel Mazarin is located in a good area by many of the French Quarter attractions, restaurants and shopping. The staff was most welcoming and attentive. A nice surprise was the various courtyards and the main courtyard where you can enjoy your complimentary breakfast. We chose a room with a courtyard view as I liked the sense of restfulness and tranquility looking out at the greenery. The rooms were lovely, comfortable and nicely appointed. I will have no problem recommending this hotel to friends or family. We went in December, and the hotel decorations and the city's Christmas activities and decorations were wonderful to see. I look forward to staying there again for a fun weekend getaway!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra T
Barcelona
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We picked the Mazarin because of the very favorable reviews, as well as the location of the hotel, right in the French Quarter. Our two night stay at this hotel was every bit as good, and more, than we expected. The staff is very friendly and helpful, to a person. The location cannot be beat! To our delight, we found that the hotel is just steps away from Bourbon Street, and from two of my favorite restaurants, the Acme Oyster House and the Desire Oyster Bar. From our location, we were able to easily traverse the whole French Quarter, and walk downtown, as well, where we took a trolley to the WWII Museum.

The Hotel is absolutely lovely, and very atmospheric. You KNOW you are in the French Quarter from the moment you step in the lobby and see the beautiful courtyard, complete with fountain, and surrounded by greenery. There is extensive ornate iron grating surrounding the courtyard and the walkways leading to the rooms.

The breakfast, which is included in the room rate, is very good, and offers a nice variety of fare, including fresh fruit. The coffee is excellent. One can eat in the dining room, or the courtyard.

I thought this hotel was very well priced, considering it's quality, amenities, and location. It will be my number one choice when we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: We really liked our room on the courtyard, second floor. The fountain can be heard at night, but the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lindavonm
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I got married here in Feb. The entire guest list as well as the groom and myself were traveling from out of town, so almost everyone stayed here which was about 50 guests total. Rachel, the special event coordinator, was responsive and pretty friendly throughout the process except I really wish she would have told me that the hotel was about to change names right after I signed my contract (from St Louis to Mazarin). I'm sure that must have been on the radar because those things don't just happen overnight. If I had known, I could have put the correct name on my invitations.

The new name came with a new look which mean some renovations. Unfortunately, they were not fully complete at the time of my wedding, so many of our guests complained about workers hammering very early each morning they stayed there. Those of us with rooms off the main courtyard didn't have a problem since the work was already complete in that area. We stayed there a total of 8 nights, most were in a regular room but two nights before the wedding we stayed in the suite. It was very nice. Its balcony overlooked the wine bar below and bourbon street just beyond that. It had a fireplace, kitchen, flatscreen TV in the living room and nice bedroom/bathroom area. The only downside was that they did charge us full price for the suite and must have just finished renovating it, because my fiance got some wet paint on him when he brushed up against a part of the wall the first day we checked in and there was almost no furniture in the main living area. There was a TV and couch and that is pretty much it. The staff brought some folding chairs so we could have some extra seating since we used that as the area for myself and the other ladies to get ready on the big day. It was still a nice space and worked for our needs, but would have been nice if they gave us a discount for it not being fully set up and furnished. Otherwise the rooms were nice, beds were comfy and nice. Location is about the best of any in the French Quarter.

The breakfast offered for free is very very good. There are many selections and good quality. All of our guests commented that it was one of the nice free breakfasts they have ever had at a hotel.

Our wedding food was very good as well. We were pleased with our selections, they all tasted amazing. Many of our guests commented that it was much better than the typical wedding food. On the downside, we went with a buffet set up and they did not refill the food in a timely manner. For anyone thinking of having their wedding here - this is something you might want to make sure they have corrected because we were really disappointed with the slow refills. After the wedding, we found out that some of our guests never did get any of the most popular items because the trays were not refreshed for a very long time.

Front desk, housekeeping, bellhops and all other staff were very nice and went out of their way to make sure everyone in our group was taken care of.

Overall, we will definitely stay here again when we visit. It was a beautiful hotel and a beautiful wedding at the end of the day. There were a few things that could have been better but I'm going to hope that they have worked those things out since then.

Room Tip: Rooms off the main courtyard are in a better location and would be my first choice when staying ther...
Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I just got home from my first trip to New Orleans I have to say that the best hotel in the French Quarter is Hotel Mazarin from all the friendly staff to the amazing breakfast. Once you arrive you are greeted by friendly attentive staff and that go out of their way to make sure that you are satisfied. The court yard is beautiful and a hidden gem at this hotel. I felt like royalty every day that I was there. All the rooms are incredible with upscale amenities the owners did not spare any expense to last detail from the incredible chandeliers, free unlimited bottle water in your room and even including the great bath robes. Hotel features a nice business center (if you are in the working mood) and a fitness center (work off all the great food ).Hotel Mazarin is very clean, crisp and a breath of fresh air. If you are ever in the area take advantage of the 2 bars on site Patrick's Bar Vin and the 21st Amendment Bar the décor is very tasteful and the ambiance is incredible. Here you will mingle with the locals and indulge in a very savory experience. Hands down greatest experience ever!!!!

Room Tip: There is a second area around a 2nd interior court yard for rooms that want additional privacy.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Beautiful room..great bed...lots of choices at breakfast and a beautiful outside area to eat. Staff was very friendly and gave great suggestions for dinner. Wonderful bar where we had a relaxing glass if wine after sightseeing. We have already recommended it to friends!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank nblmtl
Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor and other travel sites.....I like staying in local hotels as opposed to the larger chain lodging. Alas, disappointment.....we thought the check in process was absolutely unwelcoming, the basic rooms dark and very small with no place to put articles--including pillows from the bed, except on the floor. We received no orientation as to where breakfast might be, the bar, the business center or could even find a concierge to orient us to the city. There was no elevator to get us to the third floor room and for our 82 yearold friends, that was a dissatisfier.
I am disappointed in your review as I depend on it when making plans.....we along with our friends will not be staying at the Mazarin again and may have to stay in a chain hotel after all....Canal Street looked mighty welcoming.

Room Tip: None to add...I,would not stay here again
Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends