My wife and I checked in the Monday after Easter and stayed until Friday to catch two days of the French Quarter Fest. I am sure you know that this location is right in the middle of the action on Bourbon Street which puts you in the middle of the entire atmosphere of New Orleans. You can exit the hotel on a side street and avoid crowds on Bourbon if you are heading to Jackson Square or dinner at another location.
We enjoyed our stay in the hotel from the moment we arrived until we left. I drove my car to New Orleans and you enter the parking garage on either side of the hotel off of Bourbon. In the parking garage the Bellman will assist you in unloading or loading your car and whisk your baggage and other items to your room. The garage attendant parks your car and I felt very safe leaving the car in the underground attended parking garage. Check in and Checkout when without a hitch. We had selected the Club level (7th floor) and we found our standard room very adequate since we spent most of our time wandering the sights of New Orleans. The room and bathroom had plenty of space for all of the stuff we hauled to New Orleans, the bed was very comfortable, the closet contained a spacious wall safe and the room was well appointed. Wireless Internet service in the room was fast and easy to connect. The 7th floor has a concierge next to the elevator and when we left in the morning we asked to have our room made up and it was always done when we got back from our morning activities. The maids turn the room down in the late evening and refresh the bathroom. The 7th floor proved to be a very quite floor and we were never disturbed by outside noise even the evening we turned in early.
We enjoyed the full breakfast furnished in the club and the evening cocktails and snacks which were included in the club level cost. The Club staff went way out of their way to assist you and would mix my wife Martinis just like she wanted. I was fine with the wine they served and each evening the snacks were different and very good along with a variety of cheese and fruit snacks. I think the value for your money at this hotel was well worth the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel