The Royal Sonesta is a wonderful oasis in the middle of the slightly tacky French Quarter. Much has changed on Bourbon Street since I visited the first time many years ago.
We had a beautiful room (somewhat small) with a shared balcony overlooking the courtyard. You would never know what was just beyond those walls! It was heavenly quiet, clean, cool. The balcony was a great place to sit and read a book with my feet propped up. The staff was great. Desire Restaurant and Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse - - don't miss either! Also good music right across the street at Cafe Beignet.
One single, teeny-tiny complaint/suggestion - - please add in-room coffee/tea maker!!! The coffee shop in the lobby was fine, but I think they would frown if I wore jammies down to get my tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel